Egyptian Organisation for Champions (pic and setup help)

death tribble

Dearly beloved,

You may be aware that I have commissioned a pic of a Pharoah character from Storn. This is the head of an Egyptian organisation.

The Pharoah is the child of the gods (Egyptian Pantheon) and expects obediance from everyone (including Christians etc) accordingly.

Now they have a Chief Priest, Priests, Bodyguards and a chief bodyguard.

And of course the Mummy. Now I have the ordinary bandaged wrapped Mummy and a Royal Mummy but what I need ideas on is a Mummy for the new Millennia. Anyone any thoughts ?

The Chief Priest and Priests will be like traditional Egyptian priests a la the start of the film The Mummy with Brendon Fraser.

The bodyguards will also be like the bodyguards at the start of said film. Muscular and with that nasty hooked sword like thing.

But the chief bodyguard maybe different. Any ideas there ?

I am not looking at 'beasts' as yet like Sphinx only anything humanoid so if anyone wants to make a suggestion on that.

Lookat the vote thread for more info on what the Pharoah looks like.

Re: Egyptian Organisation for Champions (pic and setup help)

Unwrapped but dessicated-looking individual, dressed in a sharp suit, with a lot of amulets and Egyptian jewellery. The various items give him a raft of powers, from extra strength and speed to wide-area weather manipulation.

Find information on the World of Darkness Mummy background - they were rather cool.

A dead individual, who is split into his Ba and his Ka. His Ba is basically a ghost - no physical presence, but perhaps mental powers. The Ka is a poltergeist, invisible but with strength and/or TK, and can also animate Ushtabi statues.

I don't see the vote thread?

I like some of Kovar's ideas, espcially the suit. Why not update the whole priesthood to modern times? Egyptian priests were basically dressing in modern clothes for their time.

I did an Egyptian Magician once for Champions, basically like a Dr. Strange sort of dude. But instead of making him all serious and living alone in his weird apartment, I basically gave him the Playboy set from the Random Powers in Champions. He turned out like Adrian Veidt (sp?) from Watchman. A powerful, social guy who ran a major corporation and was also a superhero. The team HQ was in the top of one of his pyramid-shaped corporate buildings.

So yeah, that's what I'm thinking. A group with ancient powers but also modern wealth and acutrements. Lots o' money because the church they belong to is 6,000 years old.

Ok, the mummy himself. Mummification is basically a way of preserving the body. What if modern methods were used to perserve his body? Or even super-science was used to preserve a body? That might account for his super powers. He could have super hard skin because of the modern resins used to preserve his body. He could also have any number of metal devices, from guns to cyberware, graphed onto his body. He could even be like Iron Man, completely enclosed in a metal (or stronger material) body which "preserves" his physical form, while the will or Ba directs the machine (a Ghost in the Machine...).

Other idea: he's a body hopper. The Ba hops bodies and controls them, while his mummified remains are safe in the HQ. Bodies could be other's bodies, specially made clones, robots (again) or whatever...

Just tosin' some ideas out for ya. Good luck.

Guest Major Tom

That hooked weapon used by the warrior mummies in The Mummy and the

The Mummy Returns is known as a khopesh, and is classified as a type

of sword. Given its rather awkward-looking appearance, however, I have to

wonder if it wasn't used more as a club than as a sword.

Major Tom :cool:

Guest Major Tom

I don't see the vote thread?

I like some of Kovar's ideas, espcially the suit. Why not update the whole priesthood to modern times? Egyptian priests were basically dressing in modern clothes for their time.

I did an Egyptian Magician once for Champions, basically like a Dr. Strange sort of dude. But instead of making him all serious and living alone in his weird apartment, I basically gave him the Playboy set from the Random Powers in Champions. He turned out like Adrian Veidt (sp?) from Watchman. A powerful, social guy who ran a major corporation and was also a superhero. The team HQ was in the top of one of his pyramid-shaped corporate buildings.

So yeah, that's what I'm thinking. A group with ancient powers but also modern wealth and acutrements. Lots o' money because the church they belong to is 6,000 years old.

Ok, the mummy himself. Mummification is basically a way of preserving the body. What if modern methods were used to perserve his body? Or even super-science was used to preserve a body? That might account for his super powers. He could have super hard skin because of the modern resins used to preserve his body. He could also have any number of metal devices, from guns to cyberware, graphed onto his body. He could even be like Iron Man, completely enclosed in a metal (or stronger material) body which "preserves" his physical form, while the will or Ba directs the machine (a Ghost in the Machine...).

Other idea: he's a body hopper. The Ba hops bodies and controls them, while his mummified remains are safe in the HQ. Bodies could be other's bodies, specially made clones, robots (again) or whatever...

Just tosin' some ideas out for ya. Good luck.

Hmm... Cylon Mummies. Now there's a creepy image -- rag-wrapped, de-

caying corpses shambling towards you, with their single red eye moving back

and forth.

Major Tom :D

Hmm... Cylon Mummies. Now there's a creepy image -- rag-wrapped, de-

caying corpses shambling towards you, with their single red eye moving back

and forth.

Major Tom :D

Not exactly what I was thinking, but funny never-the-less. ;)

A couple of nice ideas here.

The desicatted priest is reminiscent of Boris Karloff in the film The Mummy.

I am a little retiscent about Cyber Mummy as having bandages wrapped around metal or having a 'bionic mummy' just did not seem original enough. The PCs would be expecting something like that. I was after something more original but it remains elusive to me.

The Chief Priest has been running the show for years before the Pharoah turned up. First one that had real power from the 'old days'. So he dresses like the old days except when in disguise similarly with the bodyguards, the Pharoah herself and the priests. He's a conservative.

I don't blame you about the cyber-mummy. It was just an idea I tossed out there.

What is the relationship between the Pharaoh, the Chief Priest, and the Mummy? Does the Chief Priest resent the sudden arrival of the Pharaoh in some way? Who is the Mummy and how does he feel about his current condition?

For an enhanced mummy, I'm thinking something like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. The perfect, created man, who is both strong and fast and very intelligent, but is isolated socially. I don't see him wrapped in bandages (except perhaps as a disguise, like the Invisible Man), but wearing modern clothes as much as possible. His modern chemical infused skin is hard and gleaming, like polished mahogany.

The Chief Priest is a technocrat, and runs the day-to-day business of the church. He created the mummy, using the church's wealth, to have a focal point for the church members to rally around. The sudden arrival of the Pharaoh put a stop to the mummy project, as it was both expensive and no longer needed. The Chief Priest rather resents the Pharaoh; the two do not see eye-to-eye at all.

The Pharaoh's commands constantly conflict with the Chief Priest's idea of how to run an efficient organization. The Chief Priest constantly modifies the Pharaoh’s commands to something more to his liking. In his mind, this is obeying the purpose of the god "better," but there is still conflict when his "re-interpretations" are discovered.

The Pharaoh is young, barely a teen-ager, and very naive and idealistic. He is aware that the Chief Priest often disobeys his commands, but the Pharaoh still doesn't want to be involved in the direct running of a modern organization. He's focused on bringing about great social changes to return to the old days; everything in-between is of little consequence in the long run. He regards the mummy as an annoyance, but also as a revered ancestor who must be respected.

The mummy himself is greatly conflicted. He regards the Chief Priest as a father figure who has abandoned him. The Pharaoh was the reason for the abandonment, but the Pharaoh’s magical powers represent the best chance for the mummy to be restored to something more like a normal man. Becoming more human, and able to interact with society—any society, modern or ancient—is the mummy’s chief goal. Since the way to do this is not clear (ancient vs. modern, magic vs. technology), he tends to vacillate a lot between the two other powers in the church.

Power-wise, the mummy is a brick-like speedster. He move very quickly and can dish-out and take large amounts of damage. His high intelligence makes is isolation more acute. He has extra internal organs in his chest cavity which allows him “mummy breath” NND powers. His personality is despondent, fatalistic, manic and angry in turns.

Still, if you want “unique,” I like the Kovar's Ba/Ka mental/TK combo better. ;)

I also like the idea of a body hopper who uses cloned bodies. This would give him a multiform, only changeable at HQ. He might also be able take over enemy’s bodies, controlling them directly, or use other mental powers, at the cost of 0 DCV for his own clone body.

Variant mummy powers:

The mummy may have become petrified over time, like wood, changing into a stone-hard substance giving him exceptional strength and resilience;

The mummy may have control over his own degree of dessication, so that he can transform at will into an intangible cloud of blinding, choking dust;

The mummy may be infested with flies, bugs and maggots which he can hurl like weapons at his opponents: clouds of flies to blind them, grubs to burrow into their flesh, etc.;

The mummy may be able to animate the cloth strips which swathe his body, extending them to grab or bind his opponents.

As for a chief bodyguard, the Egyptian deities were often depicted with animal heads, so that seems like fair justification for humanoid animal types with abilities reflecting their nonhuman species. For Egypt, lions, bulls, hawks, serpents and crocodiles would all be appropriate.

This may or may not help, more so the 2nd of these 2 links - info on my Atlantisians who are from an ancient Egyptian culture and so there's a lot of overlap:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1144556&postcount=14

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1144737&postcount=18

The Vote thread was this

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47031

My yearly choice of my own ideas that the board would like to see was the vote thread.

As you see Gojira the idea behind the Pharoah is not what you are suggesting although I appreciate your input. View the vote thread to see why.

The Pharoah has now being going for nearly 15 years. One odd fact of their power is that anybody with Egyptian regalia or links to Egypt is more subordinate to the will of the Pharoah than other people.

The Chief Priest had used a number of stooges over the years as a religous form of fraud even though he had slight occult power. The latest Pharoah came into the 'temple' one day while the Priest's current stooge was drunk and was supposed to fill in just for the day. The effect of the new Pharoah was surprising to the priest and he also found his own powers boosted by the new Pharoah. Since they came together the organisation has come on leaps and bounds. Although the Priest worries because he doesn't know where the power is coming from. He knows it is not Set (who was responsible for his loss of power and prestige over the years) or his pawn Anubis (see Champions pubblished material). So where is the power coming from ?

The Pharoah claims it comes from the gods although they seem surprised at some of the things they can do.

The Pharoah can call forth various types of Mummy and get their obediance.

The Pharoah is thought to have a hide out near the Louvre and near Las Vegas as well as in Egypt.

Think of something that I can picture, that can be drawn. Bodyhopping is difficult to do justice to. A brick like speedster Mummy ? That I can picture.

Also a dessicated man or animal headed beings.

Howabout a mummy where the only thing left are the wrappings and willpower? Able to do stretching/metamorph type things, slip under doors and the like, strangle people, etc.

I've set up modern-day mummies (in a game...) with different wrappings over the top of the traditional linens...flame retardant materials, kevlar, etc. to make them more resilient.

Expendable mummy-bombs can be fun.

Mummy Bombs ? That's sick !

And just the sort of twisted thinking that got the Pharoah where she is today.

And Question Man ? Thanks for those links. Obviously we can't use the Isis pic from Jeff Dee for obvious reasons. But that Ra you attached is really wonderful.

I had thought I could not get into Deviant Art. Restrictions etc. But I can so it seems. Interesting.

At the risk of sounding a bit silly, what about a gorilla mummy? It's not impossible that a gorilla could have found its way into a pharaoh's menagerie, and since the Egyptians had no problem mummifying animals, it would be plausable that an unusual beast like that would have been mummified when it died.

OK, that might be too Silver Age. Maybe Pharaoh just has some mummified cats roaming her throne room, for atmosphere.

How's this for a grand plot: some of the ancient Egyptian obelisks were enchanted with the power of the sun god Amon-Ra, able to fly across the sky as the hawk does, and bring down the fury of the sun upon their targets.

I.e. mystic ICBMs. :eg:

Oh that is so going to be one of the things the Pharoah does.

You will be repped once I get to the PC that lets me do this.

It was bought for me as a Late Birthday present and there are two locations in there the Pharoah can use. Then again I also have Pyramid in the Sky as well.

Hmm... as you know, Pyramid in the Sky didn't use a "mythic Egypt" mystical background for the main villain and his crew. If you're willing to expand your Pharaoh and her crew into the realm of the technological, you might want to take a look at The Algernon Files: The Fires of War, which features Dr. Scarab, an an ancient Egyptian-derived villain who uses advanced Atlantean technology including a flying pyramid.

Since your Pharaoh is female and claims to derive her powers from the Egyptian gods, I recommend looking at Digital Hero #15. "You Gotta Have Character" for that issue profiles Hatshepsut, most powerful of Egypt's few female Pharaohs, and uses her purported divine ancestry as the basis for a Champions-level writeup for her. The article also suggests a rationale for her appearing in the modern world.

Another immediately-accessible alternative was posted by John Taber to these forums a while back: a "super-level" Hatshepsut which he used for his own campaign. His post can be found here, but since it was in HTML format it now appears very scrambled. However, I was able to clean it up somewhat and repost it below (hopefully John won't mind). However, you can still see the attached drawing of Hatshepsut in John's original post.

Take it away, Mr. Taber:

-------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I was surprised to see a write up of Hatshepsut in DH this issues. The reason I was surprised is that I had just used her for a Champions game! The story involved a little girl, Nenet, who touches an Egyptian mummy and gets possessed by our favorite Eqyptian Pharoh. The story is intriguing as the heroes have to save Nenet by taking out Hatshepsut carefully. Fun stuff.

Here are the writeups for everyone I used in the story. Attached is a picture I used.

ENJOY!

Hatshepsut

Player:

Val Char Cost

8 STR -2

23 DEX 39

28 CON 36

10 BODY 0

18 INT 8

20 EGO 20

20 PRE 10

20 COM 5

10/25 PD 8

10/25 ED 4

6 SPD 27

8 REC 0

56 END 0

39 STUN 11

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

1 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 166

Cost Power END

38 Gifts Of Ra (Egyptian God Of Sun and Light): Elemental Control, 76-point powers

30 1) Ray Of Ra's Might: Energy Blast 12d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) 3

48 2) Ra's Rage: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (-1 DC/2"; +3/4), Double Knockback 2x KB (+3/4) (206 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), No Range (-1/2), Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2) 21

30 3) Claws Of The Sun: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) 3

38 4) Ra's Glowing Embrace: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED/10 Mental Defense), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (60 Active Points)

38 5) Riding Beam: Flight 25", Improved Noncombat Movement (x8), Rapid Noncombat Movement (+1/4) (75 Active Points) 7

19 6) Awaken Servants Of Ra: Summon 140-point Mummies (x4 Number Of Beings), Amicable Slavishly Devoted (+1) (76 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2) 8

7 Ra's Protection From His Rays: Flash Defense (10 points) (Sight Group) (10 Active Points); Only Works Against Light Based Sight Flash Attacks Limited Type of Attack (-1/2)

4 Nanet Inside Her Head: Duplication (creates 5-point form), Cannot Recombine (+0), Altered Duplicates (All of Duplicate's points spent differently; +1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (4 Active Points) [Notes: Nanet can be detected with Mental Senses and affected by Mental Attacks.]

7 Hears Nanet Inside Her Head: Mind Link (One Specific Mind), Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Power Can't Be Turned Off Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 259

Cost Skill

3 AK: Egypt (INT-based) 13-

3 Bribery 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 CuK: Egyptian People (INT-based) 13-

3 KS: Egyptian Politics (INT-based) 13-

3 KS: Egyptian Religion (INT-based) 13-

3 KS: Political Intrigue (INT-based) 13-

5 Oratory 14-

3 Persuasion 13-

7 PS: Pharoah (PRE-based) 17-

1 SS: Embalming 8-

3 Seduction 13-

1 Survival (Desert) 8-

3 Trading 13-

1 WF: Blades

Skills Cost: 45

Cost Perk

40 Follower (Stone Guardian Cat Statue) (200 Base, 150 Disad)

Perks Cost: 40

Cost Talent

20 Gift Of Tongues (Universal Translator) 13-

Talents Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 530

Val Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Egyptian Pharoah Garb Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

15 Enraged: If Nanet Begins To Take Control (Nanet Makes 3 Ego Rolls) Uncommon, go 8-, recover 8-

25 Hunted: D.E.M.O.N. 14- (Very Frequently), More Powerful, Harshly Punish

20 Hunted: Local Superheroes 14- (Very Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish

20 Physical Limitation: Does Not Understand Modern Culture Frequently, Fully Impairing

20 Psychological Limitation: Hears Voices In Her Head From Nanet (Causes Distractions) Very Common, Strong

20 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant Very Common, Strong

15 Psychological Limitation: Demands Respect Common, Strong

10 Psychological Limitation: Wants To Please Gods Uncommon, Strong

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2x STUN Darkness Powers Uncommon

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2x BODY Darkness Powers Uncommon

165 Villain Bonus

Disadvantage Points: 330

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Hatsheptsut's Stone Guardian Cat Statue

Player:

Val Char Cost

60 STR 30

20 DEX 30

30 CON 40

20 BODY 20

8 INT -2

8 EGO -4

20 PRE 10

12 COM 1

25 PD 3

25 ED 5

5 SPD 20

14 REC 0

60 END 0

55 STUN 0

9" RUN 6

0" SWIM -2

12" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 157

Cost Power END

30 Body Made Of Stone: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

11 Body Made Of Stone: Damage Resistance (11 PD/11 ED)

27 Body Made Of Stone: Density Increase (1600 kg mass, +20 STR, +4 PD/ED, -4" KB), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

4 Body Made Of Stone: Knockback Resistance -2"

47 Body Made Of Stone: Life Support , Eating: Character does not eat, Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents, Longevity: Immortal, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing

30 Tireless: Reduced Endurance on STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points)

9 Tireless: Reduced Endurance on Runnings, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (9 Active Points)

6 Keen Eyesight: Enhanced Perception (+3 to PER Rolls for Sight Sense Group)

5 Tail: Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 169

Cost Skill

15 +3 with HTH Combat

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Tactics 11-

3 Teamwork 13-

Skills Cost: 24

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages

25 Distinctive Features: Large Animated Cat Statue Not Concealable, Extreme Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

25 Hunted: D.E.M.O.N. 14- (Very Frequently), More Powerful, Harshly Punish

15 Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing

15 Physical Limitation: No Senses Except Sight Frequently, Greatly Impairing

10 Physical Limitation: Animal Intelligence Frequently, Slightly Impairing

25 Psychological Limitation: Must Obey Hatsheptsut Very Common, Total

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective Of Hatesheptsut Common, Strong

10 Psychological Limitation: Thinks It Is Still A Breathing Cat Common, Moderate

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2x BODY Water, Sonic, or Earth Based Powers Uncommon

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2x STUN Water, Sonic, or Earth Based Powers Uncommon

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Nenet Rateb

Player:

Val Char Cost

8 STR -2

8 DEX -6

8 CON -4

8 BODY -4

13 INT 3

8 EGO -4

8 PRE -2

14 COM 2

2 PD 0

2 ED 0

2 SPD 2

4 REC 0

16 END 0

16 STUN 0

5" RUN -2

2" SWIM 0

1 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: -17

Cost Skill

2 Animal Handler (Felines) 11-

3 Computer Programming 12-

3 CuK: Pop Culture (INT-based) 12-

3 KS: Ancient Egyptians (INT-based) 12-

2 KS: Cats 11-

1 Language: Arabic (Basic Conversation)

1 Language: Heiroglyphics (Basic Literacy)

1 Seduction 8-

1 TF: Skating (iceskating or rollerskating)

Skills Cost: 17

Total Character Cost: 0

Val Disadvantages

10 Physical Limitation: Magically Linked To Egyptian Royal Blood Line Infrequently, Greatly Impairing

15 Social Limitation: Teenager Very Frequently (14-), Minor

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Disadvantage Points: 25

Base Points: -25

Servants Of Ra (Mummies)

Player:

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

11 DEX 3

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

5 INT -5

0 EGO 0

15 PRE 5

2 COM -4

20 PD 16

16 ED 14

3 SPD 9

6 REC 0

0 END -10

30 STUN 5

4" RUN -4

1" SWIM -1

2" LEAP -2

Characteristics Cost: 36

Cost Power END

20 Mighty Fists: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

12 Undead: Damage Resistance (20 PD/4 ED)

15 Undead: Automaton (Cannot Be Stunned)

31 Undead: Life Support , Eating: Character does not eat, Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Longevity: Immortal, Self-Contained Breathing, Sleeping: Character does not sleep

10 Tireless: Reduced Endurance on STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (10 Active Points)

4 Tireless: Reduced Endurance On Running, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (4 Active Points)

1 Tireless: Reduced Endurance On Swimming, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (1 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 93

Cost Skill

10 +2 with HTH Combat

1 Language: Arabic (Basic Conversation)

Skills Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 140

Base Points: 75

Experience Required: 65

• 1 year later...

why not have the mummy look human as imhotep did in the mummy but looking like a bald brendan fraiser" give him elemental powers over sand and earth

That would make the Mummy too powerful. The Pharoah is the one with the power as the heroes will discover to their displeasure.