What should I name my new character?

Dino

I am playing in a "dawn of heroes" style superhero game where my character was a normal person who, along with an unknown number of other people had superhuman powers dropped on her head. Basically a giant alien plot device landed in central park, new york city and sent out some kind of wave that gave seemingly random people superpowers. Before this there were no superheroes in the world.

My character ended up with the full superman package (strength, toughness, flight, senses, and even eyebeams). From what I have seen in the first week, I seem to be as powerfull in relation to the other people affected as Superman is to other heroes in DC. This has combined with my character's charm and natural leadership ability to cause others to look to her for guidance.

So what does a young (25), latina, successfull business owner (nightclub) who has just unexpectedly become the "woman of steel" for her universe call herself?

Re: What should I name my new character?

It depends on her personality, and if she's doing the naming. If the press names her, it could end up as anything. If she gets to pick her own name, somethings she probably wouldn't go with.

Some ideas that come off the top of my head:

Paragon

Zenith

Omega

Icon

Ultra

For a more four color feel (Which some reporter might like) just take one of the above and try to put Lady in front of it or Woman behind it (Omega Woman, Lady Ultra, etc)

Or, since your hero is Latin in origin...

Paragon = Modelo(a)

Zenith = Cenit

Omega = Omega

Icon = Icono(a)

Ultra = Ultra

Alpha = Alfa

Prime = Prima

Ultimate = Último(a)

First = Primero(a)

Divine = Divino(a)

Absolute = Absoluto(a)

Supreme = Supreme

Paramount = Paramount

Epitome = Epitome

Quientessential = Quientessential

Ideal = Ideal

Personally, I like Cenit and Epitome :)

It depends on her personality' date=' and if she's doing the naming. If the press names her, it could end up as anything. If she gets to pick her own name, somethings she probably wouldn't go with.[/quote']

She's naming herself, in an effort to inspire others to go ahead and adopt costumed identities. She is outgoing, smart, and self confident, but never thought of herself as leader, much less a superhero. She's definately on the "with great responsibility" plan.

Some ideas that come off the top of my head:

Paragon

Zenith

Omega

Icon

Ultra

Funny. Paragon is the name of a superman type character in a game I am currently playing in, so that would be a faux pas. Zenith makes me think I'd b e subjecting myself to TV jokes. Omega sounds like a villain name to me.

Are you looking for something iconic (like most given already) or something linked to her background? What is the name of her club? Is she doing the public ID thing or going masked? Is she bilingual or just of Hispanic decent? How well educated is she? How street? Is she religious? Sporty? Fannish? Commercial? Political? What audience is she trying to appeal to? Is she afraid of lawsuits?

Generic -

Sentinel

Guardian

Defender

Avenger

MegaMaid

MarvelWoman

Wondera

Ms Ultra

LadyPower

Super Chica

Squash the spanish if she's supposed to be american. It would make (depending on how "realistic" the game is) for political and social commentary if she gets in with the media... which brings ooliticians... which in turn means everything will get retarded. If more 4-color and without regard to such things... plenty of good suggestions above.

If there's room for more names, lemme pull some out of my butt...

an alternate name.. her first + Power, like Lane Power(s) or whatever.

Sigil, as in symbol for something

Prescience, cuz it sounds cool

Allegory, cuz she is one?

Radiance, though it sounds like a hippy name or a stripper name

Achillite or Achilliess, for the mythical figure and its connotations

Mother, as the S-man is for DC, and isn't it the name for God on the lips of all children?

Progeny, as a child of the accident and as a superior specimen of her kind

... and that's it for now.

Now, there's a point. Let's stop looking at this from the race angle.

She's naming herself, in an effort to inspire others to go ahead and adopt costumed identities. She is outgoing, smart, and self confident, but never thought of herself as leader, much less a superhero. She's definately on the "with great responsibility" plan.
So let's look at why she does the whole superheroics thing. What motivates her? Perhaps we can find some leads there. Deej?