Anyone want to try to build this?

I handled a modified airwolf style bell chopper with twin pop-out vulcans this way:

4d6 RKA, AF 10, AE Line...

Considering these things have an obscene rate of fire it means: everybody in the 2 hex wide area in front of the chopper gets hit with 10 20 MM Rounds per phase -- A Lot (Unless They Dive For Sufficient Cover (Like The Team Brick)

I'd just do an area effect attack with an autofire equal to the number of times you estimate each character should be hit

Cynical me

From what I've read on Metalstorm, the largest ammo capacity is currently 540 rounds. That gives you an amazing 0.00054 seconds of withering firepower :rolleyes:

I think the best use for this type of technology might actually be in small arms. A shooter can fire small bursts without recoil tossing off aim - the last bullet is out of the gun before the barrel begins to move.

I'm impressed that it uses the caseless amunition we've seen in games for so many years. I didn't think we were actually close to getting it. I wonder about accuracy though. By having the rounds stacked in the barrel, you lose a lot of it's length for the first few shots. I guess quantity makes up for quality in this case.

1,000,000 rounds/min = 16,666 rounds/sec, So...

Metal Storm: RKA 2d6, Autofire (16,666 Shots, +7). 4 Clips of 550 Charges Each (+1), (AP 270); OAF Bulky(-1 1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (RC 90)

No point in paying for a rate of fire you don't have ammo for, just call it a SFX...

Metal Storm: RKA 2d6, Autofire (550 Shots, +4). 4 Clips of 550 Charges Each (+1), (AP 180); OAF Bulky(-1 1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (RC 60)

That's a start. Don't forget to buy enough skill to hit with all of the shots...

WF: Assault Rifles/LMGs (RC 1)

1000 CSL: Assault Rifles/LMGs (RC 2000)

Maybe autofire alone isn't the best way to do this :P

Originally posted by Narthon

I'm impressed that it uses the caseless amunition we've seen in games for so many years. I didn't think we were actually close to getting it.

Caseless ammo has been workable for at least 15 years. That G11 rifle from Twilight: 2000 is real, and came out in '88. There isn't a whole lot of caseless weapons around out there because most governments already have stocks of small arms that they're not planning on replacing anytime too soon, and private citizens are generally barred from something with the high rate of fire that caseless ammo would give....