Strange But Useful Powers.

SSgt Baloo

I was looking in another part of the board and I saw "Summon Vehicles" in the title of a thread. I got a silly mental image and an idea for an odd, but useful ability:

Summon Taxi:

The character, with but a sharp whistle and an upraised arm, is able to summon a 50-point vehicle complete with skilled driver/pilot (50-point character). The vehicle appears seemingly from nowhere and is capable of taking the summoner from where he is to where he's going, within the limits of the point constraints.

Note: the player is advised to have several vehicle/pilot combo handy to save the GM trouble.

Re: Strange But Useful Powers.

Summon Maid.

Change Environment (dirty and messy to clean and organized) with Gradual Effect and a Physical Manifestation (the maid.)

Lucius Alexander

Summon Palindromedary: with the incantation Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas

"Stop trying to hit me and Hit me!" or "Your Mama...."

Mind Control, Noisy, Limited Range, only works on Men (it's a testosterone thing), Set Effect (target shifts all levels to OCV, and concentrates all attacks on poor l'il me), no effect on the deaf.

Summon Taxi:

The character, with but a sharp whistle and an upraised arm, is able to summon a 50-point vehicle complete with skilled driver/pilot (50-point character). The vehicle appears seemingly from nowhere and is capable of taking the summoner from where he is to where he's going, within the limits of the point constraints.

Not a power. It's a EveryMan Talent for Pulp Heroes....:thumbup:

Summon Taxi:

A variation I did for one of my characters was Summon Servants:

Summon up to 16, 75 pt normals, Any normal (+1/2)

So it wasn't game breaking I put OAF "calling card", unfortunately this meant that the character was mostly able to summon door to door salesmen.

Not a power. It's a EveryMan Talent for Pulp Heroes....:thumbup:

Maybe. What if your pulp hero is standing in the middle of the Sahara Desert? Will raising his hand and shouting "TAXI!" instantly bring a Checker™ Camel* to his aid?

* No more than 20 Drachmas carried as change. Rates are as follows: 2 shekels for the first ¼ mile, 6 shekels per additional mile. Your driver is Achmed. This business is certified by the Timbuktu Chamber of Commerce. Timbuktu. Come for the oasis, stay for the camels.

You ever been in that situation where you really just wanted a thing of flowers for you significant other? Or maybe it is to make you look suave in front of the ladies. Well here is a power I actually have on The Rose:

A Rose by Any other Name: Major Transform 1d6 (air into Rose), Improved Results Group (any color rose; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (26 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), All Or Nothing (there is no such thing as Half a Rose; -1/2), Gestures (flick of the wrist(always looks cool); -1/4)

I slapped this in a multi-power of Teleportation trix (I essentially summon one from my personal Garden) so it only cost me 1pt.

La Rose

Maybe. What if your pulp hero is standing in the middle of the Sahara Desert? Will raising his hand and shouting "TAXI!" instantly bring a Checker™ Camel* to his aid?

* No more than 20 Drachmas carried as change. Rates are as follows: 2 shekels for the first ¼ mile, 6 shekels per additional mile. Your driver is Achmed. This business is certified by the Timbuktu Chamber of Commerce. Timbuktu. Come for the oasis, stay for the camels.

:nonp:

This would be a problem...............

Here's one inspired from a scene in The Last Action Hero.*

Squeaky Clean:

Instant change (or transform -- I 'm not completely familiar with 5ER yet). Change from dirty/unkempt to clean/well-groomed.

Whenever the character finds himself to be in less-than-presentable condition, he may quickly clean/repair his clothing, remove smudges, comb his hair, etc. To do so he must brush himself off, or in the case of sticky/wet messes borrow a handkerchief or other object with which to wipe himself clean.

Arnold Schwartzenegger's character falls into a tarpit and gets covered with viscous black goo. When he climbs out, he borrows someone's handkerchief to clean up. Seconds later he hands back the (unrecognizably-soiled) hanky. He is now spotlessly clean and well-groomed again.

I was looking in another part of the board and I saw "Summon Vehicles" in the title of a thread. I got a silly mental image and an idea for an odd, but useful ability:

Summon Taxi:

Note: the player is advised to have several vehicle/pilot combo handy to save the GM trouble.

This would be modeled as a TP with Extra Time and the appropriate SFX. You COULD do it as a summon, but then you have to deal with all the real world effects that go with it. TP makes more sense (intervening obstacles, extra time, yadda yadda)

• 2 weeks later...

<Slice!> TP makes more sense (intervening obstacles' date=' extra time, yadda yadda)[/quote']

Maybe so, but this ain't a serious thread.

[/hijack]

Wow! You like me! You really like me!!

The character emits pheromones that make him/her utterly irresistable to the opposite sex (and, depending on where you get your figures, about 5-10% of the same sex.) :nonp:

Mind control, based on CON (vs ED?), area effect, explosion, built in command: "OhmiGAWD!! Is that guy/gal ever SEXY! Me so (Beep)y me love you long time!", only works against people who might (theoretically) be attracted to the character if he/she was the last other person on earth. [And probably some other modifiers I can't think of right now. Feel free to demonstrate an alternate build.]

Dirty-Old-Man Vision

The character mentally undresses others without their knowledge. This power could be used to discover who's behind the mask, but DOMV is rarely used by people who look at faces.

N-ray vision, only works against clothing and garments, blocked by Mental Defense.

Summon Taxi:

Heh, that's pretty much the modus operandi for the PC superhero group in my former campaign. They had limited movement powers among them and when they built an organization they included a taxi company that could pick them up wherever they were in NYC and get them where they wanted to be. We never wrote it up as a formal power, but it would be akin to this.

Wow! You like me! You really like me!!

The character emits pheromones that make him/her utterly irresistable to the opposite sex (and, depending on where you get your figures, about 5-10% of the same sex.) :nonp:

Mind control, based on CON (vs ED?), area effect, explosion, built in command: "OhmiGAWD!! Is that guy/gal ever SEXY! Me so (Beep)y me love you long time!", only works against people who might (theoretically) be attracted to the character if he/she was the last other person on earth. [And probably some other modifiers I can't think of right now. Feel free to demonstrate an alternate build.]

Alternate Build:

+30 COM, Major Side Effect (-1, Major, Always): Distinctive Features (Extreme, Concealable w/ Major Effort, 20 pts.) & Hunted by Men and Women who finds him/her utterly irresistable (Less Pow, 14-, Minor, 10 pts). 7 real points.

Turn this power on. Suddenly, everyone realizes that you have a 40 COM. As a Side Effect, everyone realizes that you have a 40 COM and you become hunted by waves of normal people. Side effect is cancelled by washing the pheromones off or being beaten by an ugly stick.

Still a clever player can figure out how to use 40 COM as a massive complimentary roll to Interaction Skills, but they have to be quick about it.