Dr. Destroyer

kidsavior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry

Gary, According to page 237 in the Fred, I get my full ocv/dcv(moving at combat speed flight)

and i do have a few levels

5 over all

3 with movethrus

base ocv of 10

Spd of 7

Mr Vimes, I wouldnt be stuned from his attack

Again i must state hes semi-retired, and the rest of the Team are new recruits(almost 400 points now)

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Patriot

Gary, According to page 237 in the Fred, I get my full ocv/dcv(moving at combat speed flight)

and i do have a few levels

5 over all

3 with movethrus

base ocv of 10

Spd of 7

Your OCV doing a 70" Move-through (including levels and base) would be 4. That is 10 base +8 levels -14 for Move-Through.

Dr. Destroyer would have a 14 DCV against that Move-Through. You would hit him if you rolled a 3. :)

And Dr. D's primary attack will do 105 STUN on average. His secondary attack (which he shoots at the same time) will do 70 STUN on average. Your 61 PD and Damage Reduction means you take 33 STUN from the primary attack and 7 STUN from the secondary attack. If your CON is more than 33 you are ok. If it is less, you are Stunned. Either way you take 40 STUN per hit.

Guest Keneton

This is to Patriot. . .

Doc D has an 8 Speed and when you move through and your DCV is like 3 hell go to your head with 30d6 at a 10 ocv counting the -8 and push. You will take an average of 105 Stun-61 Defense=44 x2= 88 Stun-25%Reduction equals 66. If that doesnt stun you then cool. I would rapid attack you then. Of all Doc D's power the most terrifying thing is the 60 Presence combined with the rep and oratory. This is an easy 18 Dice Presence attack in the right circumnstance.

My character Keneton is over 1000 points and ShadeJA that post here is over 2300. HeroWeapon in nearly 2000 and Horror Hunter about 2200.

Your chracter does seemvery powerful which is cool in my book. Please see my ER in the Free stuff and rate hime. From what you say so far he seems like about a 125 ER. Doc D rates at 213 and is th highest rated so far. After Him would be the Demon Lord from the Bestiary, The Lemurian Golem, or Takofanes.

Its cool to hear about other powerful heroes.

:D

Originally posted by Gary

You have a -14 OCV if you're doing a movethrough at 70". Odds are that you'll miss even with an explosion attack.

You can't miss your own hex. It's an automatic hit. Flight doesn't require a to-hit roll to end up in a hex (like leaping) so it's impossible to miss with that attack. Unfortunately all he gets is the explosion part, not the velocity or the STR... so it doesn't matter, anyway.

In our game Dr. D was long dead... we killed him when he tried that hypno ray thing back when he was a wuss.

Then it turned out not to be him... but he's dead, anyway of old age.

I still don't understand the "oh no, I have to go underground and hide" bit in CKC.

My old character, Omega Man, could tackle the CKC version, I think. I'd have to view the sheet again. For the current group, there's not much need for a DD-like character.

We don't allow the multiple attacks bit. Even still, I believe it's against the spirit of things, if not the letter, to just fire off multiple energy blasts like that. Or maybe that was a discussion on multiple attacks with martial arts needing different bases. I don't recall. Kinda moot for me, anyway.

RE: Telios. Huh. Thanks for pointing that out, I guess I was still in that "Dr. D's supposed to be the smartest in the world" mode. 'Course, I haven't yet decided what (if any) role Telios plays in the NeoChampion Universe (my campaign)... That may be something I have to correct.

RE: PRE 60. Again, it goes to show how different some campaigns are. I have an NPC named "The Creep" that's designed as a 250-pt "Level 1" nova -- who's main power is a 60 PRE (30 of which normal, 30 of which costs END) combined with a PRE Suppression field.

Guest Keneton

Re: EF Rating

Originally posted by Patriot

Had a question about it, in the 3rd colum, where it says capabilities, if you have an EB, do you put 1 or the number ofd6 it is?

Add 1 for each ability that you possess. He's going to be a doozy! If you have Hero Designer you can e-mail patriot to me and I will rate hime for you. He sounds really cool. I love the tuff guys with some real EP!!

:D

Of course if I created my Dad on 18Quadrillion points with attack and defense numbers that rival nuclear half lives, he could probably beat up your Dad too.....

Sorry, just ranting.

Dr. Destroyer is really powerful in comparason to the Champions Universe standards. If you don't follow those standards then of course you can beat him up. If you want to be better than the standards, you just buy yourself above them.

I mean, just cause Galacticus would whup my buddy from sophomore year in high school, that doesn't mean that my buddy couldn't kick some serious 16 year old butt when he got going.

The evil Doctor is a great villian. If anything I am reluctant to use him because of his reputation for unrivaled evil. I mean you could trot out lesser baddies like Firewing or Dark Seraph whenever you needed somebody dramatically bad, but I always feel like the evil plots I generate for my players aren't worthy of Dr. D.

I generally want to use him more, I just don't want my players to loose their fear of him.

Originally posted by Klytus

Asside from his staggering power, do folks out there actually LIKE Dr. D as a villain? If so, why? And if not, why not?

I like Dr. Destroyer quite a bit, but I do not actually use him as a "fighting" villain in my games. In my game if Dr. Destroyer has to do it himself then he has already failed. In my world you will encounter Destroyer-bots (robots which look like Dr. Destroyer which are sent by him to do certain tasks), one of his superpowered henchmen (Gigaton or Rakshasa), a mercenary supervillain (who might or might not know he is working for Dr. Destroyer), or some of his operatives (field agents, Black Talons, Destroids, etc).

I currently have a couple of sub-plots dealing with a multifaceted Dr. Destroyer plan. My players think these events were nothing more than random crimes. They have not started to put it all together yet. I also have two sub-plots dealing with Dr. Destroyer hunting down both Menton and Teleios that will eventually spill over into the player's laps.

Originally posted by Monolith

I like Dr. Destroyer quite a bit, but I do not actually use him as a "fighting" villain in my games. In my game if Dr. Destroyer has to do it himself then he has already failed.

I think this is the best way to handle Dr. D. In his earliest inception he was just a Dr. Doom clone, but now he has trancended that into more of a God-Like character. I think the massive stats should serve as a deterent (as is befitting a God-like being) while DD is used as a mastermind whose fingers can be found in every pie... very Kaiser Soze.

Originally posted by Jhamin

Of course if I created my Dad on 18Quadrillion points with attack and defense numbers that rival nuclear half lives, he could probably beat up your Dad too.....

Do you have a point other than dishing on people who happen to play at different power levels? I'm sure there's a thread around here about supers devoted to stopping muggings in the park and having a tough time of it. Maybe you'll like that better.

Klytus asked...

Asside from his staggering power, do folks out there actually LIKE Dr. D as a villain? If so, why? And if not, why not?

Nope. I think he's pretty lame. All that power, all those agents, all that gear... and he still doesn't win. Why did he hide? How is he so lame that half the heroes in the world manage to foil his every plot (because, after all, he can battle teams and teams of heroes and slaughter them, right)?

He's kind of boring, in my opinion. I can find no reason for such a bland character to get such status (as laid out by the power level). I also take a firm dislike of writing characters up as "the best." Dr.D is the most powerful threat, Menton is the most powerful human mentalist, etc. They're not among the best, they are the best. Too much spoonfed stuff. Just a nit I have to pick with the writing.

We killed him in his first appearance in our game (way, way back). He kind of came back when Classic Enemies was released, but was never really much of a problem. Now he's just dead of old age.

I was considering dusting him off for a side campaign I was thinking about running, but he'd need to be toned down. You can't provide much characterization for him if you have to keep him hidden away (because he can slaughter standard level heroes). He needs to be more Doom and less Darkseid.

I'm finally back, although I had to change my SN to avoid confusion with a similar SN, mine formerly being Bulls-Eye. On to the show...

Dr. Destroyer is regarded as 'the' major enemy of the campaign I'm in. I believe whether or not he is used by a particular GM depends on the player's mindsets and how the GM uses Dr. Destroyer. I, for one, will not be using the new statistics from CKC - the campaign simply doesn't support that power level. I'm aware some campaigns do and more power to them. I do have to say, however, that I very much enjoy the new picture of him and really wish that the picture could be colored in somehow. Is anyone out there willing to do that? Anyone?

I've always liked Dr. Destroyer. He's got that Darkseid/Thanos thing going now. You don't defeat him, you defeat his plans. And when you do finally defeat him, you know you've reached the pinnacle of being a superhero. He's the shiny brass ring, the top rung of villainy.

As for him hiding out? Well, from the backstory, it sounds like when he was in Detroit, -every- superhero in the world pretty much came to battle him. And he was at his old power level, so no 30D6 + 20D6 MPAs...

I figure he went into hiding just to let things cool down, as well as to uppower his suit.

Dont get me wrong

I love Dr.Destroyer as a villian , but have only used him a few times

Im about to use him for the first time since 5th ed came out.

Hold the world hostage by threatening to blow-up the Ross Ice shelf in the Antartic (causeing massive flooding and loss of life around costal areas) around the world.

Mwahhh Haah haa......*cough cough*

Originally posted by Acroyear

Nope. I think he's pretty lame. All that power, all those agents, all that gear... and he still doesn't win.

Following the official timeline, I believe DD has only appeared 3 times. I would call killing 50000+ innocents and a dozen superheroes a big victory from a 'villain' point of view.

Originally posted by Acroyear

I was considering dusting him off for a side campaign I was thinking about running, but he'd need to be toned down. You can't provide much characterization for him if you have to keep him hidden away (because he can slaughter standard level heroes). He needs to be more Doom and less Darkseid. [/b]

Or more of Lord Saker, one of my favorite villains. He was able to ignore an alien invasion that had targeted him as one of the prime threats to their success...