Build your Super Self

1EyedJack

Re: Build your Super Self

I'd definitely want flying, like Nathan's power. First thing I'd do is fly around in public, but disguised in a goofy bright colored costume. Then the world would know supers exist. (Dunno why nobody's showed their powers in public for the last 16 years but now the world knows!)

I'd go public and make sure I was proven not to have superpowers. That way, if anybody saw me using them, "I know I can't believe CNN claimed my powers were faked."

Of course, if I ever became super powered, I'd have so much fun just shifting with multipower slots or cosmic power pool.

what?

Personally it would depend on what my power was. Probably I'd try to find a job where I could put it to good use -- not necessarily something to make myself rich, but just to pay the bills and make a decent living. If it was something I thought local law enforcement or other public service agencies could use I'd also contact them to put it at their disposal.

How much of a hero can you be with just one power?

I'd LOVE to be able to fly--that would be AWESOME!

But if that was my only power, and nothing else about me changed . . . I can't see how it would make me an effective crimefighter. I could maybe do some search and rescue work, I guess, but a helicopter would be more useful, in that it could carry a lot more.

On the other hand, it might inspire me to get in shape and learn some martial arts or something.

But in general, I think a single power in an otherwise normal person would be better suited for a unique job than being a hero.

I always thought if I got superpowers it would probably be Funky Martial Arts and a sonic attack. I train anyway and my Kia is as loud as feck.

I don't know if I would go out of my way to stomp crime but I wouldn't let anything go by that I noticed either.

I see myself becoming your typical Brick. I'd Try to get the ball rolling with City Protectors. I'd hire a manager and try to find a cool city to pay me to be their protector. I'd help during disasters. In between disasters I'd be a one man utility crew. I see lots of uses for a brick in helping a city.

I'd also protect the city from any less-than-moral supers who may want to use their powers for quick gains in MY city. If you choose to become a supervillian, just stay out of my stomping ground.

Grimble

If I could only have one power it would be a really impressive safe teleport that I could bring others along with, if I wanted.

No more commute.

Cheap holidays.

Massive commercial potential.

I mean flying SOUNDS fun, but I wouldn't want to spend all that time picking bugs out of my teeth. Offensive powers look flashy, but use them and you are almost certainly going to get arrested unless you get licenced to use them in public, and, really, an energy blast is a pretty limited use thing. You'd get bored.

Mental powers could be fun, but they are a bit, I don't know, devious and invasive.

Full spectrum life support could be darned useful too (for those all night parties that go on for 100 years), as could a really impressive shapeshift power.

Basically it would have to be something you couldn't simulate with technology.

So, TP, LS or SS for me please, in that order.

First act as a superhero? Well TP (self and others) is the ultimate rescue power, so it would be that: rescuing someone from a dangerous situation, getting them to hospital, that sort of thing.

The problem though is this: do I become a superhero, or just Average Joe who helps out when he can? I'd have to go for the latter, but I can already see the begging letters come in, so I probably would want some sort of disguise/mask thing going.

There are far more people who need transporting to safety than I could ever manage alone, so for the sake of my sanity I can't dedicate myself to saving everyone. A little selfishness is no bad thing.

Moreover if everyone knew I could teleport, I could never blame being late on traffic :)

If I could only have one power I guess it would super INT/Tech Mage so I could build any thing I wanted and wear what ever super power I felt like for the day! Plus I could easily become a google-aire with my ground breaking inventions nothing to super but at least 15-20 years a head of the competition!:):thumbup: My own stuff eons ahead of everything!

I can'nt :help: myself we're hypothetically talking real life not role play so it's the most logical choise! I would have to be all I could be.

If I could only have one power I guess it would super INT/Tech Mage so I could build any thing I wanted and wear what ever super power I felt like for the day! Plus I could easily become a google-aire with my ground breaking inventions nothing to super but at least 15-20 years a head of the competition!:):thumbup: My own stuff eons ahead of everything!

I can'nt :help: myself we're hypothetically talking real life not role play so it's the most logical choise! I would have to be all I could be.

Why not just invest 10 points in wealth :)

Really, INT in Hero doesn't do that much.

Super-healing. The ability to heal any condition in anyone, including old age, disease, or cosmetic applications large or small. Interestingly, a power like this would also have offensive applications, such as by healing "old age" a little too far...

Then I'd start a world tour of hospitals, etc. I'd hire my talents out for as much money as I could get for them, and use the vast bulk of the proceeds to fund causes I am interested in, such as in the sciences, and medical research for finding permanent cures to those conditions that are too wide-spread for my healing powers to make much of a dent in.

I realize I'd probably get a Hunted: Everyone 18- pretty quickly, but the rest of the money would go towards hiring bodyguards, agents, lawyers, and other superheros. It would be worth it.

Mega scale teleport with lots of extra mass and a few floating locations, maga scaled senses, full life support, Instictive astrogation, and reasonable offensive and defensive capablities. I'd start by helping NASA get some things done and the go off exsploring the cosmos

I have this weird desire to have superstrength and toughness, especially because I don't look the type. But if I did, I'd totally wind up as a villain, or at least I would be considered one, mainly for ripping the wheels off of cars that cut me off in traffic.

Why not just invest 10 points in wealth :)

Really, INT in Hero doesn't do that much.

In the real World INT would do a lot but you're right in Hero it means zip, so if I was going to build Super INT/Super Tech by system I would buy a VPP for skills to represent my ability to learn anything at mastery levels instantly and another VPP to represent my ability to build any super tech I wanted. To top it off I would buy the maximim amount of wealth that I could (which I think is 11 or 20 I'm not sure) to represent unlimitted resources at my disposal.

I have this weird desire to have superstrength and toughness' date=' especially because I don't look the type. But if I did, I'd totally wind up as a villain, or at least I would be considered one, mainly for ripping the wheels off of cars that cut me off in traffic.[/quote']

Thats Why I'd want teleport. Hey look I am a world class super hero.... but I'm stuck in traffic.

Ugh. There is that.

Oddly, the last time I had the chance to build myself with powers for a game, I chose to take shapeshifting and "super charisma." If I had to chose again, I think I'd take intangibility and invisibility. I think I have issues.

And I'd STILL be stuck in traffic.

1st act Hmmmmm......... Some way to Impersonate "The Vengeful God" and I would put on a world wide display Implying "VERY" bad things happening if you continue to kill each other in my name. 2nd Act: Invisible in Womens Lockers rooms Huh? Huh? You were thinking it. :)