[Video] Nazi Robot Attack

shadowcat1313

Re: Nazi Robot Attrack Video

Not bad. There was a guy running around that naval base with Air Force rank insignia, years before the establishment of the AF as a separate service. That was a pretty "joint" base for the times too. The services had a lot more rivalries going on back then than now. Also gotta wonder who thought electricity might be a good weapon against something running on diesel and hydraulics. But not bad.

Re: Nazi Robot Attrack Video

Not bad. There was a guy running around that naval base with Air Force rank insignia' date=' years before the establishment of the AF as a separate service. That was a pretty "joint" base for the times too. The services had a lot more rivalries going on back then than now. Also gotta wonder who thought electricity might be a good weapon against something running on diesel and hydraulics. But not bad.[/quote']

If you did that on purpose, it was beautiful. ;)

Re: [Video] Nazi Robot Attack

?

Worrying about an incorrect rank insignia seems funny to me in a video about a giant Nazi robot wading through the ocean to stomp a military base.

BTW -- pay careful attention to what comes out of the crate when the third P-51 is shot down and crashes. :D

Yeah, I had to rewind to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. :)

Worrying about an incorrect rank insignia seems funny to me in a video about a giant Nazi robot wading through the ocean to stomp a military base.

Well, I was going to say something about a robot that size wading through the Atlantic, and on diesel power at that, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was coming down on the clip. Because it was pretty cool, even with all the nits.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen enough M48 and M60 tanks with german markings (Battle of the Bulge anybody?) on them to not worry too much about the little stuff.

But that was a very nice piece of work. The maker should be encouraged to do a whole "Sky Captain..." style movie.

Well' date=' I was going to say something about a robot that size wading through the Atlantic, and on diesel power at that, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was coming down on the clip. Because it was pretty cool, even with all the nits.[/quote']]

As I recall in my giant robot version of World War II the Japanese had four (gigantic) mecha delivery submarines. They'd cruise up to the coast, lower the mecha out of the hold, the mecha would walk ashore and wreak havoc. They were not using diesel power of course, but then those robots didn't really seem to be using diesel either.

]

As I recall in my giant robot version of World War II the Japanese had four (gigantic) mecha delivery submarines. They'd cruise up to the coast, lower the mecha out of the hold, the mecha would walk ashore and wreak havoc. They were not using diesel power of course, but then those robots didn't really seem to be using diesel either.

A submarine insertion would make sense.

IIRC, those robots were either running on diesel or coal. They had smokestacks. Diesel seems more appropriate for the time. I would watch it again, but I'm already staying up later than I should to type this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Celt

I am in awe of the Nazi war machine! And the creaters' skills are frickin' great!

Yeah, I caught the in-joke when the crate burst open as well. Any other homages anyone caught?

• 2 weeks later...