Hadoken!

Ok folks, simple power build question (I hope)...

I'm envisioning a Martial strike or HA that does damage, then throws an opponent back to a degree way beyond the normal distance associated from the damage done. I could name a hundred movie moments where the KB done by an attack would have to be caused by an attack that'd kill the target long before they ever hit the wall behind them.

I think I want to build this as a MPA, adding a TK attack to the standard Martial strike or HA... to make it more complex, what if a character had more than one Martial Strike/HA/HKA and they could apply the "TK knockback" to some or all of them? Would it be best to make multiple MPAs like this:

MPA 1: (HA1 + TK power 1)

MPA 2: (HKA1 + TK power 2)

MPA 3: (Martial Strike + TK power 3)

etc.

Or is there a way to have a single TK power that could be applied to multiple attacks like this:

(HA) + TK power 1

(HKA) + TK power 1

(Martial Strike) + power 1

Can the single TK power have a "trigger: Anytime I successfully deliver a melee attack" on it?

Re: Hadoken!

I suppose you could buy a separate attack power with a high amount of dice and/or Double KB, and then take the Limitation "Only to Calculate KB" on them. I'd rate that a -1 1/2 to maybe a -2. You could then use them in a Multiple Power attack, combining them with other attacks.

I suppose you could buy a separate attack power with a high amount of dice and/or Double KB' date=' and then take the Limitation "Only to Calculate KB" on them. I'd rate that a -1 1/2 to maybe a -2. You could then use them in a Multiple Power attack, combining them with other attacks.[/quote']

Here's a couple of ways it can be done but the seperate 'power' in both cases is still going to be about the same cost and utility as just buying x2 KB on the primary attack.

The numbers including limitation values are just estimates for example purposes.

100 Shock & Awe Attack!: (Total: 120 Active Cost, 100 Real Cost) Energy Blast 12d6 (Real Cost: 60) plus Touch Group Flash 10d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (60 Active Points); Linked (EB; -1/2) (Real Cost: 40) - END=12

84 Shock & Awe Attack v2: (Total: 120 Active Cost, 84 Real Cost) Energy Blast 12d6 (Real Cost: 60) plus Energy Blast 8d6, Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Only To Add Knockback; Does No Direct Damage (-1), Linked (Energy Blast; -1/2) (Real Cost: 24) - END=12

Yeah even something weird like HKA 1D6 (2D6 w/str) X2 KB can make a big boost to KB in a multi attack, add in "Stun only" and/or "stun mod of 1" if you want as well.. thats an average of 14 KB + Base KB -3D6...if you take "no body" the GM has to "OK" it as no body/stun only attacks don't normally do KB

I thought of a pretty simple solution; STR (only for knockback)... I'm thinking that's around a -1 1/2 lim or so... thanks for all the input guys.

Since KB isn't dependant on STR you're either Linked to an attack or using a Multiple Power Attack.

Either way: Hand Attack; Only To Cause Knockback is both simpler, more appropriate, and cheaper.