The Battle of the Century

JmOz

Okay we have had Superman vs Thor, Batman vs Cap, I think if I dug around I could find Dr Fate vs Dr Strange but now is the battle to end all battles:

The evil villain Dust Bunny has set two unbeleivable powers of good against each other, who will be victorious

In this corner we have Javis, first the Butler to the Invincible Iron Man but would become famous as the Butler to Earth's Mightiest Heroes

AND IN THIS CORNER

We have Alfred, the faithful butler to probable the hardes master posible that of Bruce Wayne...

Originally posted by Patriot

How old are they?

I dont know jack about Jarvis, but Alfred Did know how to box

Only time I've ever seen Jarvis in any kind of action scene, it was against the Masters of Evil, and... well, he was kinda tied up at the time. So it wasn't exactly a fair fight.

I think it was basically implied that he had no combat ability. But if you hit him, the Avengers get pissed off. So the outcome of this fight really depends on whether Iron Man's present. ;)

Yes, Alfred has always been shown as being a man of (many) hidden depths. Jarvis is quite resilient, calm and strong-willed, but Alfred has all that, plus (depending on who's writing), commando training (never seen this particular one, but sounds reasonable), intelligence community training (episode of B:TAS called something like "The Lion and the Unicorn"), field medic skills (always sewing up young master Bruce) and acting abilities, including disguise.

If you attack Jarvis, you might get the Avengers on your back, but if you hurt Alfred, Batman would be on you before you could say "knife". I'm not sure that would be much better.:)

Originally posted by Lupus

Only time I've ever seen Jarvis in any kind of action scene, it was against the Masters of Evil, and... well, he was kinda tied up at the time. So it wasn't exactly a fair fight.

That's because they FEARED him!

Mr Hyde: "Make sure he's secure so he can't kick my arse, I'm gonna clip him one."

Didnt Mr Hyde beat Jarvis to within an inch of his life?

My money is on Batman's go to guy, Alfred. Behind every great vigilante is a strong but silent butler after all. :eek:

Seriously though, Alfred is the type who could force Jarvis to collapse from mortification with a mere raised eyebrow and a foreboding sniff. Its all about PRE baby; and where do you think Bruce Wayne learned his trademarked "Make the baddy go wee in his pants" stare? Thats right, his surogate guardian, Alfred.

Alfred all the way, i mean if, by some miracle, Jarvis beat up Alfred, then he would have batman to deal with, then if the Avengers did come the JL would come, and in the long fight that would follow (with the Avengers winning) Alfred and Jarvis would recover, Alfred would beat Jarvis up again, retreat to the batcave and come back with the Bat-mech or something to help the JL, which at this time would be unconcious, but the Avengers would be too worn out to fight much more so Alfred would defeat the Avengers.

:D

Originally posted by Insaniac99

Alfred all the way, i mean if, by some miracle, Jarvis beat up Alfred, then he would have batman to deal with, then if the Avengers did come the JL would come, and in the long fight that would follow (with the Avengers winning) Alfred and Jarvis would recover, Alfred would beat Jarvis up again, retreat to the batcave and come back with the Bat-mech or something to help the JL, which at this time would be unconcious, but the Avengers would be too worn out to fight much more so Alfred would defeat the Avengers.

:D

Of course, once Stark saw the Bat-Mech he would become convinced that his technology was ripped off to make it, and go on a rampage afterwards to wipe it out, along with every other power suit in existance. Eventually he'd end up in the Valiant Universe and X-O Manowar/Eric the Visigoth would give him a Claymore enema and then Axe would come along and steal the Iron Man armor.

This would force Rhodes to seek revenge with War Machine, and after he accidentally laid waste to a bunch of Eggbreakers he met on accident, he would finally find Axe, but just when Axe is about to take over his suits on board systems, Solar Man of the Atom would suffer a random brain fart for some reason that for a brief moment sunders time, space, and dimensional boundaries, leaving War Machine stranded in 40000 AD. Magnus Robot Fighter would then mistake him for a bot and smash his head in.

Jarvis had better think about that the next time he wants to get scratchy with Alfred.....

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

...but Alfred has all that, plus (depending on who's writing), commando training (never seen this particular one, but sounds reasonable)...

only in a comic book would it be reasonable for Batman's butler to have formerly been a british commando... ;)

there was an issue of the Avengers, where Jarvis defeated a robot (or something) with an umbrella... i believe this was back when he also wore an eyepatch (result of the Mr. Hyde beating).

but seeing as how they're both British, it's probably safe to assume that, in the tradition of John Steed and other exemplars of merry ol', they are equals when the weapon of choice is an umbrella.

anyway, my money's on alfred.

Originally posted by Kara Zor-El

Actually, according to a back up story in Avengers #201, Edwin Jarvis was in the army and a boxing champ. :)

Real battle of the century: One piece swimsuits or two piece? lol

hmmm... i think i'd rather see Alfred and Jarvis duking it out while wearing two piece swimsuits.

There was an Avengers issue many years ago (at least 10, more like 20) that featured Jarvis. It had to do with a neighborhood bully. The folks wanted Jarvis to call the Avengers, but he had a great comeback line:

"The Avengers' handle problems that threaten the world or even the entire galaxy. They count on us to deal with lesser problems by standing up for ourselves and for each other"

He then punched said small-time thug several times:

Thug: "How'd you do that?"

Jarvis: "Quite easily, actually, having been two-time boxing champ on my ship in the Navy."

Originally posted by Arthur

There was an Avengers issue many years ago (at least 10, more like 20) that featured Jarvis. It had to do with a neighborhood bully. The folks wanted Jarvis to call the Avengers, but he had a great comeback line:

"The Avengers' handle problems that threaten the world or even the entire galaxy. They count on us to deal with lesser problems by standing up for ourselves and for each other"

He then punched said small-time thug several times:

Thug: "How'd you do that?"

Jarvis: "Quite easily, actually, having been two-time boxing champ on my ship in the Navy."

That's it! :D Back up story in Avengers #200 or #201. I'm thinking 201. :)