A name looking for an archtype

Great Beyond

So I was typing away, when my fat fingers and dyslixic brain misspelled Skeleton as Skeletron. As I was poised to hit the backspace, it suddenly clicked - holy crap, that's a GREAT bad guys name!

However, it's not exactly screaming a power set to me. Not wanting to throw away a cool name like that, I thought I'd come here and see if the peanut gallery had any ideas. So - have at it! What should the evil Skeletron have to harrass Our Heroes with?

Re: A name looking for an archtype

Brings to mind a android/robot that looks like a metallic skeleton. I could see gadgets too. Get some high tech wizardry with a death motif. Maybe a evaporation ray lat leaves behind emaciated husks that are little more than skeletons with flesh pulled over them. The evil calling card.

I'd go with a man who should have died in an electrical accident' date=' but somehow continues on... an Electrical Energy Projector Skeleton ... powerful blasts of energy and lots of Life Support as befits an artificially created undead[/quote']

This one's awesome. go with it.

So I was typing away' date=' when my fat fingers and dyslixic brain misspelled Skeleton as Skeletron. As I was poised to hit the backspace, it suddenly clicked - holy crap, that's a GREAT bad guys name!

A skintight white jumpsuite with blue flashing lights and a high tech frisbee.

It's like the reverse of Doctor Doom. Instead of tech genius type branching out into magic, you have an ancient lich who, upon emerging into the modern era, applies his divinations and spell enhanced mind to master technology as well. His undead and demonic minions now sport cybernetic upgrades and advanced weapons to complement their unnatural abilities.

All this discussion of undead villains combining sorcery and science has left me very biased toward this topic, because the current issue of Digital Hero (#44) has a long article by me detailing just such a villain, and his minions, undead monsters augmented through combined necromancy and technology. How does this look for a "Skeletron"?

The Master Control Program was not destroyed by Flynn. It simply went dormant. Years later, it became active again. It slowly began it's quest to control all of the "Net. Microsoft was the first. Mac soon followed.

Flynn found out, and reactivate his famous 'TRON" program, but his programming skills had grown obsolete and Tron perished when confronted with a CGI-enhanced enemy.

Flynn knew of two young programmers, Dade "Crash Override" Murphy and Kate "Acid Burn" Libby. The three of them began to figure out ways to defeat the Master Control Program. Together the three were able to create the "NEO" program into the Matrix. It was the best, the one chance to succeed. But even the "NEO" program was stopped. Stopped by the newest weapon in the MCP arsenal. A restructured and corrupt version of the "dead TRON program, the SkeleTRON.