StarGate Hero?

JakSpade

Gurps Version

I know a friend was working on a Gurps version. I'll talk to him and see if he has a Hero version as well, that or if I can pass on the gurps notes to you.

Think it would be a pretty standard "low" sci-fi game, 75+75 characters at most, at least for the human's starting out.

I'm not a member of Stargate Command in Real Life...

... But I play one on Hero Central. Dan did indeed begin a Stargate campaign but one of the other players has assumed GMing duties until such time as Dan can pick it up again or no one wants to play anymore (not likely). Dan does still play in the game, however.

If you haven't checked out the Hero Central site , It's worth a peek. I don't really remember if registration is required, but there ya have it.

So far, we have no hard and fast rules (at least not posted) for SG equipment, races, etc. There is some material generated for it, but I believe it still remains largely in the hands of the GM(s)

I'd describe the site itself but you'd be better off exploring it on your own. And if Dan happens to peek in, he can also give you the general features.

Enough rambling from me...

Charlie

Re: I'm not a member of Stargate Command in Real Life...

Originally posted by Delthrien

... But I play one on Hero Central. Dan did indeed begin a Stargate campaign but one of the other players has assumed GMing duties until such time as Dan can pick it up again or no one wants to play anymore (not likely). Dan does still play in the game, however.

If you haven't checked out the Hero Central site , It's worth a peek. I don't really remember if registration is required, but there ya have it.

So far, we have no hard and fast rules (at least not posted) for SG equipment, races, etc. There is some material generated for it, but I believe it still remains largely in the hands of the GM(s)

I'd describe the site itself but you'd be better off exploring it on your own. And if Dan happens to peek in, he can also give you the general features.

Enough rambling from me...

Charlie

That link just generates a Java error for me...

-DG

Hi there.

I was going to be running a Stargate Campaign and ended up running a Stargate adventure.

There is very little information about Stargate on the Web or around in books, so I ended up winging much of it.

I have several of it made up in the form of Word files. I can email them to howeveer needs them. Just email me at bjgm@redbow.net and tell me you want the Stargate files.

PS: there is one rule though. I want feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

New RPG

If you're looking for more source info, there is going to be a Stargate RPG coming out this August. AEG is going to be publishing the 400-page core book which will be compatible with their Spycraft d20 books (whatever they are).

There is some more info on the GateWorld web site at this link. This is the same company that made the L5R, 7th Sea, and Farscape RPGs. I, personally, don't want to learn a new game system, but I do look forward to more Stargate and SGC info.

Re: New RPG

Originally posted by Rigel

If you're looking for more source info, there is going to be a Stargate RPG coming out this August. AEG is going to be publishing the 400-page core book which will be compatible with their Spycraft d20 books (whatever they are).

The Spycraft d20, produced by the Alderac Entertainment Group is probably one of the coolest d20 games that I've seen come out (besides Swashbuckling Adventures, also by AEG). It's basic d20 mechanics with some of AEG's twists. It handles a four-color espionage style game well, and is easily ported to games like StarWars d20, etc. You should go check it out. I highly recommend it.

There is some more info on the GateWorld web site at this link. This is the same company that made the L5R, 7th Sea, and Farscape RPGs. I, personally, don't want to learn a new game system, but I do look forward to more Stargate and SGC info. [/b]

Thanks a boatload. I had heard that AEG was doing a SG1 game, but didn't know the particulars about what was offered in the book. This article helped a LOT.

Jak

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I'm considering dropping Statgate Command into my Champions game, which is set in Gotham City in an alternate Champions Universe, where alians aren't known to exist and Statgate Command is 30-miles northwest of Gotham, near Eagle Air Force Base.

Would the existance of the Stargate be made public? What extra security would the SGC have? Would they have arrangements with PRIMUS or Batman? Would they have their own superhero team?

Comment is requested.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Would the existance of the Stargate be made public?

I honestly doubt it.

What extra security would the SGC have? Would they have arrangements with PRIMUS or Batman?

PRIMUS or BATMAN might be asked to go through the gate to help out an SGC-Team...of course under strict military guidlines/guidance. Or perhaps an invading Goa'uld or other offworlder would escape to Gotham where they'd become BATMAN'S problem.

Would they have their own superhero team?

If they did it would be of either super-patriotic types and/or military volunteers. On occasion they might have to deal with PRIMUS and/or BATMAN.

Good points, Darth Sarcastic. Thank you.

My idea was to have a President that, due to some bureaucratic mixup, was never informed of the project come by, with news crews, to find out why someone was spending over one billion annually on a "deep space stellar telemetry station". After General Hammond explains everything to him, he thinks it's a joke until SG-1 returns from a mission.

To the dismay of his Secret Service agents, and General Hammond, the President said, "I want to go through the Stargate, General. I was a United States Marine for 20 years. I'm not afraid."

Hammond shook his head, then said, "Fine. I'll choose the planet and have SG-1 brief you on what you can expect."

"Agreed." Since they would be going on the trip, the Secret Service agents, pres and the President's senior staff attended, too.

Hammond chose Cimmeria. The President got a chance to meet Gairwyn.

THe upshot of this, SGC staffers get papers published and find themselves in demand as consultants to museums and various federal agencies. (Spellings and terms taken from the Stargate SG-1 RPG book.)

Note, in this version, Jolinar is still in Samantha (she killed the ashrak) and Sha're (having had Amaunet crushed by Thor's Hammer) are both in SG-1. (Thor's Hammer now makes the same exception for Samantha/Jolinar that it does for Teal'c.

As far as military superheroes goes, there's, according to the Champions Universe book, Victory formerly astronomer, USAF fighter pilot and shuttle astronaut Kristine Griswold. The Joint Chief's could easily have briefed her on the SGC and, since she can travel in hyperspace, and loves to explore outer space, she could've even met the Tok'ra, Asgard or Goa'uld there.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Thought I'd chime in here. I just started working at AEG in their graphic design department. So I'm a little biased. But I started reading their stuff, specifically Spaycraft. And tom my suprise, I love it. Didn't think I'd ever get into d20, but now I see that it's not a bad system, and their's quite a bit you can do with it. And the Spycraft rulebook adds some very interesting stuff to the mix. They also have some great source material. Being a map junkie, I was blown away to see a huge villain organization base mapped out in a book called "African Alliance". It also had great stuff about running deathtraps. Breaks them down into triggers, the trap, and weakness. Just those tables alone are enough to stimulate tons of ideas. Then they have some great stuff on running exciting car chases. All kinds of cool stuff. A lot of great ideas for using in your hero games. A lot of the feats are great for ideas on new power constructs and talents. Anyway, I've also looked at the new Stargate game and it's COOL! Harbound, full-color, and HUGE. It's nice. Also based on some of the new mechanics Spycraft introduced! Check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm running a Dark Champions game and I'd like the public to know about Stargate Command. Any ideas on how they found out? One comes to mind.

The NID leaked the information to the press in hopes that it would be shut down. Their plan was to, using special funds, run it themselves and steal technology so that they could use it on America's enemies The plan backfired. A copy of the NID's plan was stolen from them and the President, angry at what they did. shut the NID down and sent the people responsible for the mess to prison.

Comment is invited.

Yours,

Mark Rand