Pathfinder Hero

Sketchpad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pathfinder Hero

Has anyone looked at Paizo's Pathfinder? I'd heard they were doing conversions for True20 and C&C ... too bad they couldn't do one for Hero :king:

I had a chance to look through the first one this weekend. Very nice, but (IMO) overpriced. I'd prefer it with the same material, but with non-glossy paper (and possibly b&w interior illos), $5 to $8 cheaper. After all, selling 6 "tied together" adventures for $20 each adds up to a pretty heft price tag.

It was, however, a pretty nice answer to "adventures don't sell" problem in that the book, while mostly take up with the adventure, also contained some setting information and monster write-ups - potentially making them appealing to people who don't but "just adventures".

It was, however, a pretty nice answer to "adventures don't sell" problem in that the book, while mostly take up with the adventure, also contained some setting information and monster write-ups - potentially making them appealing to people who don't but "just adventures".

Most adventures have almost always been more than just adventures, in my experience.

Erylium

Warning: This Quasit is supposed to be CR 4 according to the book, but a conversion of her abilities pegs her out at near 500 points. She doesn't have a lot of damage potential, but the basic Quasit package gets the kitchen sink to begin with, and shes in some kind of bs supplemental uber class to boot.

It is sad that both Dragon and Dungeon went down after their long run time, but for

me Pathfinder is a indepth adventure and I for one don't want just adventures. Plus

yes at $20.oo each and six issues to complete that one plot seems a bit much for

even me.

Does Hero's System have a support type magizine of sorts and if so what is it called

and whom is the publisher of it?

Penn

Yes; its called Digital HERO, bcs, well, its about HERO and its digital (pdf) only.

Its sold on this website off the main page, its on a token system (you buy a "subscription" of some number of tokens, and can buy any one issue for one token). Its mostly fan based material, but Steve Long has a regular column and Darren Watts often publishes "semi-official" material.

Since its mostly fan-contributed the quality / relevance / style jumps around a bit from issue to issue, but overall its a very useful product. It doesn't have the gloss and glam of Dungeon / Dragon of course, but the content is generally solid and I recommend it as a useful source.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Killer's stuff has been a great boon for me. I am working on a new campaign inthe Pathfinder world and what an aid his works provided me. Thanks a bunch. I think the pathfinder stuff is great. I bought the first one at my local store but I am thinking I'll be getting a subscription so I can make good use of the PDF. I have access to a big printer and I want to print out the mapsto lay out for my party. The Pathfinder series I am hoping to lead into a long campaign. They give you alot in this first one and for the price I think it's just fine. They really used there space well, not repeating stats but simple saying MM pgXX or Pathfinder #1 pg XX. It's great. The added beasts, the goblin song, and the hints of other adventure ideas scattered through out the book is just great. I am very hopefull.

Sorry to fall of the map on this -- its my busy time at work; I've had Weyerhaeuser and OGE Energy doing acceptance testing this week, and Sun Microsystems and ConocoPhillips starts on Tuesday, so I've been programming and helping team members like a mad man the last few weeks. After this I just have Apple's system on my plate. Hopefully Ill have time for hobbies again in a few more weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else using Pathfinder for a hero game. If so how has things gone for you all. I am still working on the campaign and just working up class and racial stuff for my party as well as the magic as I am not running a D20 converted to Hero game. But my players seem very happy

Is anyone else using Pathfinder for a hero game. If so how has things gone for you all. I am still working on the campaign and just working up class and racial stuff for my party as well as the magic as I am not running a D20 converted to Hero game. But my players seem very happy

Still been socked in unfortunately :(

• 3 weeks later...