Hero Alliance Sourcebook?

SirKerry

Re: Hero Alliance Sourcebook?

That would be very cool (and retro). I'd like to see the write-ups on the Alliance.

I saw your thread on the Justice Machine sourcebook. I'm thinking that maybe you could to both of these in the same book. I'm not sure that either of these groups would have enough material to fill a book on their own.

Now I'm going to have to go dig out my JM and Alliance issues and reread them. :D

Shame Bart Sears would be out of your price range for some interior art. Maybe a cover? Didn't Ron Lim do some work for this series? If you end up with reproduction rights to the art from the series, this'll be an awfully pretty book.

The series had that almost-but-not-quite-Watchmanesque imbalance of power between Victor and everyone else. Hmmm, could be an odd world to run and play in, but no different that playing in DC with Supes and the people who kick the kryptonite out of the room.

I would say "yes, I would buy it" for NPCs that I can plug into my own games and information on Boston to use for gaming, which I would hope you would include. In case I don't find the other thread, I say "yes" to Justice Machine also, in their own book. No need to Parallel Park. :D

I saw your thread on the Justice Machine sourcebook. I'm thinking that maybe you could to both of these in the same book. I'm not sure that either of these groups would have enough material to fill a book on their own.

Now I'm going to have to go dig out my JM and Alliance issues and reread them. :D

They'll be seperate books (Justice Machine actually already had a 128 pager I think done for it as a Heroes Unlimited sourcebook years ago).

There's plenty of material for a good size sourcebook especially with included adventures.

Kerry

Shame Bart Sears would be out of your price range for some interior art. Maybe a cover? Didn't Ron Lim do some work for this series? If you end up with reproduction rights to the art from the series, this'll be an awfully pretty book.

The license includes reproduction rights for all of the published artwork including the Bart Sears stuff.

Kerry

I'll chime in with assents for both Justice Machine and Hero Alliance. Don't quite agree with the Watchmen-esque characterization of the characters. There were many with very interesting powers' date=' though Victor was certainly the Superman of the setting.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong; my favorite characters were the power-sharing siblings. Victor was just vastly more powerful than anyone else on the roster. Takes a rare group of gamers to play that type of disparity, but can work well as gueststars in a game.

They'll be seperate books (Justice Machine actually already had a 128 pager I think done for it as a Heroes Unlimited sourcebook years ago).

There's plenty of material for a good size sourcebook especially with included adventures.

Kerry

Correct on the JM HU book, I've got that one.

Now I am definitely looking forward to the sourcebooks. Bart Sears earned his cheesecake chops on those books. :celebrate

Realistically, I don't think the licenses are worth much as licenses, per se. After all, neither series managed to hit the big time. But the artwork alone is worth something, and the worlds and metaplots were very interesting. I've used variations on the Hero Alliance theme several times in campaigns.

Kerry

I stand (or sit, actually) corrected. I didn't know about the prior book, and it's been decades since I've read the source material. :o

The same people who did Hero Alliance also did another series that only lasted two issues. The basic idea was that the Mob had gotten organized and assassinated every hero around. The heads of the Eastern and Western mobs kept trophy rooms of the uniforms, as the bodies were stripped and dumped in dumpsters so no martyr cults could form. The story followed a small group of heroes who stole the costumes back and operated as all of their assassinated fellow heroes.

Of course, after showing a bunch of heroes getting killed, all of whom were the fairly standard WASP characters, the group of heroes who assemble include a black basketball player, about 7 feet tall. For some reason, the costumes fit him, and no one figured out that the former white heroes had been replaced by one overly tall black hero.

Lots of holes, but an interesting concept. The various ways the Mob managed to trap and kill the original heroes were interesting, too.

The same people who did Hero Alliance also did another series that only lasted two issues. The basic idea was that the Mob had gotten organized and assassinated every hero around. The heads of the Eastern and Western mobs kept trophy rooms of the uniforms, as the bodies were stripped and dumped in dumpsters so no martyr cults could form. The story followed a small group of heroes who stole the costumes back and operated as all of their assassinated fellow heroes.

That would be Power Factor.

Kerry