Dr. Who

Thud

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dr Who

I'd call the TARDIS an effect rather than try to buy it with points. In the series, it's the plot-device which provides the reason for how the Doctor shows up at the beginning of the new adventure. Often it's unclear *why* the Doctor has showed up when and where he did. I often get the feeling that the TARDIS takes the Doctor where he's needed most. Which in Game Terms means the TARDIS is a GM fiat that puts the PCs at the start of the adventure.

The Doctor himself has "good" physical stats, a couple of LS powers because he's a Time Lord, superhuman INT, EGO, and PRE. KS's and SS's out the door. I'd almost be tempted to just make up a skill, name it "Knowledge of EVERYTHING" and buy it up to 25- (or more) and apply modifiers depending on the question the Doctor's player is asking. The skill should be reliable enough to mimic the Doctors Encyclopedic Knowledge of Almost Everything, but low enough that on occasion, he honestly doesn't know, or can't recall a specific detail or situation. That's when the Psych Lim "Obsessively Curious about what he doesn't know" (Unc/Tot) comes into play and he grins at his companion and walks out the TARDIS' front door.

Keep an eye on what gadgets the Doctor uses regularly. The Sonic Screwdriver is a definite must write-up. I'd base it around a Minor Transform for its physical abilities (unlocking doors, fixing machines, etc...) add in hordes of dice of Mental Control for machines and computers, and give it a few senses (Detects, and N-Ray Vision) to illustrate it's diagnostic properties. He also has that Psychic Paper, which could be built on Mental Illusions, with the limitation that it appears as what the viewer expects to see so long as it is something that would normally appear in the size and shape of the paper (Badges, licenses, authorizations, etc...)

Maybe a small Gadget Pool for everything else he comes up with in his pockets.

and the connection he had with Reinette in Girl In The Fireplace, and translating alien languages for his companions, and knowing when the TARDIS is nearby and sharing info with his previous selves and wiring his brain up to various computers even without the neural implants etc etc etc.

His Grandaughter Susan was doing it first, but still.

Regeneration (Resurrection only) 12 charges that never recover.

unless the High Council want to trade your potential to an evil future version of yourself, or you're an evil renegade Time Lord they can find a use for, or you transform yourself into a transparent snake thing and steal someone's body, or just steal someone's body, or earn (in your own mind) regeneration perpetual, etc etc etc

unless the High Council want to trade your potential to an evil future version of yourself' date=' or you're an evil renegade Time Lord they can find a use for, or you transform yourself into a transparent snake thing and steal someone's body, or just steal someone's body, or earn (in your own mind) regeneration perpetual, etc etc etc[/quote']

Potential 'Torchwood' (series) and/or 'Utopia' (Dr Who episode) spoiler:

Or one of your companions wills that you are "alive again"....and has

the power of the TARDIS core behind her to back it up and make it

permanent..In otherwords, like what Rose did to Jack Harkness.

-Carl-

Does anybody have a writeup of the most recent Dr Who?

I'm wondering how it would be done.

Somewhere (at home...and I'm at work at the moment :straight: )

I have a rather old write-up of The Doctor. It was (as I recall)

a translation from the Doctor Who RPG that was out during the late

1980's / early 1990's. I originally found it on the usenet group

rec.arts.frpg.super (I think that was the group name...anyone else

recall those groups ? :ugly: ).

Just from memory it included:

Respiratory Bypass: Life Support (extended breathing, immune to

gasses, etc) -- In the 1970's version (and in Aliens Of London with

the Slitheen as I recall) he shows times where he survives in gas

filled rooms where humans are soon overcome.

Regeneration: Self Only, only to original level of stats, uncontroled,

triggered by being at or near death (negative BODY), not recoverable,

[side effect - changes appearance and adds/eliminates some quirks]

Distinctive Features: Two Hearts (detectable by common senses,

easily concealable (don't let them use a stethescope on you or give

you an MRI...)

Martial Art: Venusian Karate (ok...this was basically only for the

John Pertwee version...but I suspect that the current one could still

be given it (or equivalent))

Not certain on the stats included....I like the already mentioned

'Skill: Seems to Have Knowledge On Every Subject'.

I'm pretty sure it had increased CON, based on the two hearts....

As I said, I don't have it at hand...But it might be somewhere here

on the forums (engages search mode....searching for 'Time Lord

Package'.....)

Ahah! Here is something:

http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

And the package in question (as far as I can tell) is attached below.

It is for 4th edition and will need to be adapted for 5th..but a brief

moment with HDv3 would take care of that. :thumbup:

There are some other search results for 'Time Lord Package' that

you might want to take a look at...just drop the phrase into the

search function.

Ok....work now....more later. :D

-Carl-

Here's a question for you -

Just last night, me and my group were discussing healing and stuff, and the subject of a Time Lord style regeneration came up. Now putting aside the obivous disads of disorentation and a swap of face and psych disads, I wondered aloud what a "Can only be used after death" disad was worth (a pretty hefty minus, I would guess). One of the others was all "Oh, you'd have to pay for that. That's an advantage".

I'm still not sold on that. I mean, your'e actually, physicaly dead - that's a pretty extreme set of circumstances to go to for a power to fire. Trigger, I guess - but it still seems that a power that requires you to sing with the choir invisible before you can use it is a negitive thing, not a good thing.

Here's a question for you -

Just last night, me and my group were discussing healing and stuff, and the subject of a Time Lord style regeneration came up. Now putting aside the obivous disads of disorentation and a swap of face and psych disads, I wondered aloud what a "Can only be used after death" disad was worth (a pretty hefty minus, I would guess). One of the others was all "Oh, you'd have to pay for that. That's an advantage".

I'm still not sold on that. I mean, your'e actually, physicaly dead - that's a pretty extreme set of circumstances to go to for a power to fire. Trigger, I guess - but it still seems that a power that requires you to sing with the choir invisible before you can use it is a negitive thing, not a good thing.

You are both right, you would need to pay for the resurection adder, but then you would put a lim on that that says only activates after death, I would call it a -1, -2 if it only works while dead. That is to say at the -1 level you would heal until you get full body

Dr Who

Howdy,

Here's a version I did of the Fourth Doctor... maybe people will find it useful. I think I converted him from another system and then mucked about, but I can't remember. It was the start of my attempt to build all the characters I recruited for a NGD game about a new comic book a while back (Tempus Presidium if you want to search for it on the boards). He's not exactly balanced :)

[b]The Doctor - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
15    STR     5   15      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [1]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
30    CON     40   30      15-
16    BODY    12   16      12-
50    INT     40   50      19-       PER Roll 24-
50    EGO     80   50      19-       ECV: 17
50    PRE     40   50      19-       PRE Attack: 10d6
14    COM     2   14      12-
10    PD      7   10             10 PD (0 rPD)
10    ED      4   10             10 ED (0 rED)
5    SPD     20   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
69    REC     0   69
60    END     0   60
39    STUN    0   39
8    RUN      4   8"                END [2]
3    SWIM     1   3"                END [1]
4    LEAP     1   4"                4" forward, 2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 286[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
125     [b][i]The TARDIS Is Full Of Useful Things[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool, 100 base + 25 control cost,  (150 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), VPP Can Only Be Changed In TARDIS (-1/2) - END=
17     [b][i]Voluminous Pockets Full Of Surprises[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool, 10 base + 7 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=
    Other Gadgets - END=
13     -29)  [b][i]900 Year Diary[/i][/b]: KS: The Doctor's History (21 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 30- - END=
16     2)  [b][i]Right Tool For the Right Job[/i][/b]: +3 with all non-combat Skills (24 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=
10     3)  [b][i]Jellybabies[/i][/b]: Aid  INT, EGO, END, STN 1d6, INT, EGO, END, STN simultaneously (+1) (20 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) - END=0
56     [b][i]Sonic Screwdriver[/i][/b]: Multipower, 84-point reserve,  (84 Active Points); all slots OIF (The Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver can be taken away, it just never seems to be taken.; -1/2) - END=
3u     1)  [b][i]Loosen or Tighten Screws, Move Bolts or Jammed Doors[/i][/b]: Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (82 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to unscrew, open, or move; -1), No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0
1u     2)  [b][i]Open any lock, lock and lock[/i][/b]: Minor Transform 1d6 (Closed Lock Into Open Lock), Improved Target Group (Reversible; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0
1u     3)  [b][i]Disrupt Inorganic Matter I[/i][/b]: Tunneling 1" through 2 DEF material, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
1u     4)  [b][i]Disrupt Inorganic Matter II[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 point, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (vs inorganic only; -1), No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) - END=0
5u     5)  [b][i]Set Off Mines And Explosives I[/i][/b]: Dispel 12d6, any potentially explosive power one at a time (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (81 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
5u     6)  [b][i]Set Off Mines And Explosives II[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6, Explosion (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); OIF (Explosive Substances Or Focii Of Opportunity; -1/2) - END=0
      - END=
15     [b][i]Lucky[/i][/b]: Luck 3d6 - END=0
15     [b][i]Perceptive[/i][/b]: +5 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
20     [b][i]Venusian Aikido[/i][/b]: Find Weakness 11- with HTH - END=0
36     [b][i]Venusian Aikido[/i][/b]: Multipower, 90-point reserve,  (90 Active Points); all slots No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) - END=
4u     1)  [b][i]Death Touch[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense (Non-Humanoid Physiology, Full Hard Body Armor; +1), Does BODY (+1) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) - END=0
3u     2)  [b][i]Paralyzing Touch[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 5d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense (Non-Humanoid Physiology, Full Hard Body Armor; +1) (87 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) - END=0
      - END=
    Gallifreyan Physiology - END=
27     1)  [b][i]Gallifreyan Physiology[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: 1600 Years; Safe Environment: Time Vortex; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) - END=0
40     2)  [b][i]Recovery[/i][/b]: +20 REC - END=
16     3)  [b][i]Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
15     4)  [b][i]Tumbling[/i][/b]: +30 PD (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Very Limited Type of Attack (Knockback and falling; -1) - END=
      - END=
40     [b][i]Recovery[/i][/b]: +20 REC - END=
16     [b][i]Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
26     [b][i]Healing Trance[/i][/b]: (Total: 85 Active Cost, 26 Real Cost) +20 REC (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2) (Real Cost: 16) [b]plus[/b] Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) - END=0
      - END=
43     [b][i]Gallifreyan Mental Powers[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 86-point powers - END=
29     1)  Ego Attack 6d6 (Additional Class of Minds: Alien class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2) - END=3
29     2)  Mind Control 12d6 (Additional Class of Minds: Alien class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2) - END=3
44     3)  Telepathy 12d6 (Additional Class of Minds: Alien class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points) - END=3
      - END=
    Will of a Time Lord - END=
10     1)  [b][i]Fearless[/i][/b]: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (vs Fear only; -1) - END=
10     2)  [b][i]Fearless[/i][/b]: +20 pts Mental Defense (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (vs Fear only; -1) - END=0
16     3)  [b][i]Mental Resistance[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (26 Mental Def.), Hardened (+1/4) (16 Active Points) - END=0
1     4)  [b][i]Mental Resistance[/i][/b]: Hardened (+1/4) for up to 6 Active Points of Natural Mental Defense (1 Active Points) - END=1
27     5)  [b][i]Mental Resistance[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (30 points total), Hardened (+1/4) (27 Active Points) - END=0
15     6)  [b][i]Pain Resistance[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
15     7)  [b][i]Pain Resistance[/i][/b]: Mental Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
15     8)  [b][i]Pain Resistance[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
      - END=
    Time Lord Powers - END=
30     1)  [b][i]Perceive The Flow Of Time And Disruptions To It[/i][/b]: Detect Time A Class Of Things 19- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Rapid (x10):  x10, Sense, Tracking - END=0
30     2)  [b][i]Time Immunity[/i][/b]: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); Only Works Against Very Limited Type of Attack (Time and aging based attacks; -1) - END=0
10     3)  [b][i]Time Immunity[/i][/b]: Power Defense (20 points) (20 Active Points); Only Works Against Very Limited Type of Attack (Time and aging attacks; -1) - END=0
5     4)  [b][i]Time Immunity[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (20 Power Def.) (10 Active Points); Only Works Against Very Limited Type of Attack (Time and Aging Powers; -1) - END=0
30     5)  [b][i]Time Immunity[/i][/b]: Time Effects Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% - END=0
40     6)  [b][i]Use Time Rift[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Point in Time), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (100 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (Only to enter time eddies and follow time travelling beings or objects; -1 1/2) - END=0
170     7)  [b][i]Time Lord Regeneration[/i][/b]: Multiform (2,215 Character Points in the most expensive form) (x12 Number Of Forms), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; +3/4) (810 Active Points); 12 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4), Linked (Time Lord Regeneration; -1/4) - END=[12 nr]
124     8)  [b][i]Time Lord Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing BODY 14d6 (standard effect: 42 points), Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; +3/4), all powers and characteristics simultaneously (+2) (619 Active Points); 12 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Linked (Time Lord Regeneration; -1/2), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4) - END=[12 nr]

[b]POWERS Cost: 1219[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Venusian Aikido
4      Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 45 STR to Disarm
4      Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 50 STR vs. Grabs
4      Martial Flash:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 8d6
3      Martial Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 45 STR for holding on
4      Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 9d6 Strike
3      Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4      Nerve Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 4d6 NND
16      +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 50[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
50      +5 Overall
3      Acting 19-
3      Breakfall 13-
3      Bureaucratics 19-
3      Climbing 13-
3      Combat Driving 13-
3      Combat Piloting 13-
3      Computer Programming 19-
3      Concealment 19-
3      Contortionist 13-
3      Conversation 19-
3      Criminology 19-
3      Cryptography 19-
3      Deduction 19-
3      Demolitions 19-
3      Electronics 19-
3      Forensic Medicine 19-
3      High Society 19-
3      Inventor 19-
3      Jack of All Trades
2      1)  PS: Astronautics (3 Active Points) 13-
2      2)  PS: EVA Operations (3 Active Points) 13-
2      3)  PS: Engineering (3 Active Points) 13-
2      4)  PS: TARDIS Repair (3 Active Points) 19-
3      Lipreading 19-
3      Lockpicking 13-
3      Mechanics 19-
7      Navigation (Air, Hyperspace, Land, Marine, Space, Temporal) 19-
3      Oratory 19-
3      Paramedics 19-
3      Persuasion 19-
3      Power:  Build/Repair/Tinker 19-
3      Scholar
2      1)  KS: Antiquities (3 Active Points) 19-
2      2)  KS: Astrogation (3 Active Points) 19-
2      3)  KS: Earth Society and Culture (3 Active Points) 19-
2      4)  KS: Engineering (3 Active Points) 19-
2      5)  KS: Force Field Systems (3 Active Points) 19-
2      6)  KS: Forgotten Lore (3 Active Points) 19-
2      7)  KS: Galactic Society and Culture (3 Active Points) 19-
2      8)  KS: Gallifreyan Society and Culture (3 Active Points) 19-
2      9)  KS: Human Psychology (3 Active Points) 19-
2      10)  KS: Runes and Writing (3 Active Points) 19-
2      11)  KS: TARDIS Systems (3 Active Points) 19-
2      12)  KS: Trivia (3 Active Points) 19-
3      Scientist
2      1)  SS:  Archaeology 19- (3 Active Points)
2      2)  SS:  Biology 19- (3 Active Points)
1      3)  SS:  Block Transfer Computation 11- (2 Active Points)
2      4)  SS:  Botany 19- (3 Active Points)
2      5)  SS:  Chemistry 19- (3 Active Points)
2      6)  SS:  Cybernetics 19- (3 Active Points)
2      7)  SS:  Exobiology 19- (3 Active Points)
2      8)  SS:  Genetics 19- (3 Active Points)
2      9)  SS:  Geology 19- (3 Active Points)
2      10)  SS:  Mathematics 19- (3 Active Points)
2      11)  SS:  Physics 19- (3 Active Points)
2      12)  SS:  Psychology 19- (3 Active Points)
2      13)  SS:  Robotics 19- (3 Active Points)
2      14)  SS:  Zoology 19- (3 Active Points)
3      Security Systems 19-
3      Shadowing 19-
3      Sleight Of Hand 13-
3      Stealth 13-
10      Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Marine, Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 19-
3      Systems Operation 19-
3      Tactics 19-
3      Trading 19-
3      Ventriloquism 19-
28      WF:  Beam Weapons, Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Early Firearms, Emplaced Weapons, Energy Weapons, Siege Engines, Small Arms, Blowguns, Boomerangs and Throwing Clubs, Electric Whip, Energy Blades, Homemade Weapons, Inertial Gloves, Nets, Staffs, Stun Rods, Whips

[b]SKILLS Cost: 262[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
75      Advanced Tech
15      Money:  Filthy Rich
4      Reputation:  Helpful meddler (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +4/+4d6
293      Vehicles & Bases

[b]PERKS Cost: 387[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      Absolute Time Sense
18      Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)
4      Environmental Movement (no penalties in time eddies and vortices)
3      Lightning Calculator
5      Resistance (5 points)
4      Speed Reading (x10)
24      True Jack Of All Trades 15-
20      Universal Connections 11-
20      Universal Pilot
20      Universal Scholar 19-
20      Universal Scientist 19-
20      Universal Translator 19-
20      Universal Traveller 19-

[b]TALENTS Cost: 181[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Time Lord (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Simple Tests)
20     Hunted:  The Daleks and other enemies of the Time Lords 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  The Time Lords 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Absent-minded (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Arrogant (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Dislikes authority/being told what to do (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Helps those in need (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Intellectually arrogant (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Irrepressibly curious (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Protects the weak (Common, Moderate)
15     Unluck: 3d6
10     Vulnerability:  2 x STUN Attacks targetting the left ganglion (-8 to hit) (Uncommon)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 145[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 2040
Total Exp Available: 2040
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 2385

And here's a version of the TARDIS too, for good measure:

[b]TARDIS - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
25    STR     0   25      14-       HTH Damage 5d6  END [2]
5    DEX     -15   5      10-       OCV 2 DCV 0

99    BODY    86   99      29-

2    SPD     5   2                 Phases:  6, 12

0    RUN      -12   0"                END [0]
0    SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
0    LEAP     0   0"                0" forward, 0" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 77[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
261     +58 DEF, Hardened (x2; +1/2) (261 Active Points) - END=
85     [b][i]Bigger Inside Than Out[/i][/b]: +17 Size - END=
34     [b][i]Time Engine[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Point in Time) (60 Active Points); Linked (Dematerialisation Circuit; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=0
75     [b][i]Spatial Transporter Matrix[/i][/b]: Multipower, 112-point reserve,  (112 Active Points); all slots Linked (Dematerialisation Circuit; -1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=
7u     1)  [b][i]Nearspace Transport[/i][/b]: Teleportation 30", No Relative Velocity, x32 Noncombat, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (112 Active Points); Linked (Dematerialisation Circuit; -1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=0
1u     2)  [b][i]Farspace Transport[/i][/b]: Teleportation 1", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Megascale (1" = a LONG way; +10 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (23 Active Points); Linked (Dematerialisation Circuit; -1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=0
48     [b][i]Dematerialisation Circuit[/i][/b]: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=0
333     [b][i]Internal Defense System[/i][/b]: Suppress 20d6 (standard effect: 60 points), all technological offensive powers simultaneously (+2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (500 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) - END=0
46     Life Support  (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) - END=0
39     [b][i]Medi-Bay[/i][/b]: Healing 5 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (165 Active Points); OIF Immobile (-1 1/2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
10     [b][i]Four More Medi-Bays[/i][/b]: Custom Power (10 Active Points) - END=0
33     [b][i]Environmental Sensors[/i][/b]: Detect Air, Gravity etc A Large Class Of Things 9- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid (x10):  x10 - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 972[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
55      +11 with DCV
43      Lockpicking 30-
40      +5 with all non-combat Skills

[b]SKILLS Cost: 138[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
316      Universal Translator 14-, Ranged (+1/2), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4), Increased Maximum Range (0"; A Looooong way; +10) (316 Active Points)
23      Universal Scholar 14-

[b]TALENTS Cost: 339[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Hunted:  The Time Lords 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
20     Hunted:  The Daleks and other enemies of the Time Lords 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 30[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 1296
Total Exp Available: 1314
Exp Unspent: 18
Total Character Cost: 1526

and the connection he had with Reinette in Girl In The Fireplace, and translating alien languages for his companions, and knowing when the TARDIS is nearby and sharing info with his previous selves and wiring his brain up to various computers even without the neural implants etc etc etc.

His Grandaughter Susan was doing it first, but still.

Since I don't know as much about the Doctor as I'd like, did they ever say what happened to his granddaughter? She was only ever seen with the William Hartnell Doctor, right? And did they ever mention the Doctor's children?

Ed

Since I don't know as much about the Doctor as I'd like' date=' did they ever say what happened to his granddaughter? She was only ever seen with the William Hartnell Doctor, right?[/quote']

Left him near the start of the second season, remaining on "future earth" after the Dalek invasion. Only reappearance was in the 20th anniversary "Five Doctors" special.

And did they ever mention the Doctor's children?

No. It's never been clear whether Susan was a biological granddaughter, or that was just a term of endearment.

It's never been clear whether Susan was a biological granddaughter' date=' or that was just a term of endearment.[/quote']

IF these quotes are reliable....( from the Wikipedia page Re: Susan

Foreman AKA Susan, The Drs' 'grand-daughter'):

"The original outline for the series did not intend for the pair to be related,

but writer Anthony Coburn created the family tie as he was

disturbed by the possible sexual connotations of an old man

travelling alone with a teenage girl."

And

"In the commentary to the BBC's DVD release of An Unearthly Child, actress

Carole Ann Ford points out that these suggestions that Susan was

not the Doctor's biological granddaughter were only first put forward

in the 1990s. She reveals that little background information on

Susan's character or past history was provided to her by the

production team, and so to inform her performance, she would often

discuss and invent ideas about Susan with co-star William Hartnell."

So that would mean that, as far as the series writers were

concerned, they were blood relations. Of course, from my memory

(and it IS admittedly haphazerd at times :o ) the entire backstory

of The Dr and The Time Lords didn't really start to come to the

foreground till well into the tenure of the second Dr....Darn, wish

I had my copy of "The Discontinuity Guide" at hand. Great book...

Of course, it was written and published prior to the newest

incarnations of The Dr (it came out in 1996 as I recall). So it would

not have mentioned (again from the Susan Foreman Wikipedia entry):

"In 'Fear Her', the Tenth Doctor states he 'was a Dad once', but does

not elaborate further."

Soooo......Shrug.

The Wikipedia page I am referencing is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Foreman

My $.02US. As always, YMMV.

-Carl-

By the way, to anyone looking to weave The Dr into what we

know of 'the real history of the middle part of the 20th century'

I'd strongly recommend taking a look at the novel "Who Killed

Kennedy ?" by David Bishop. Excellent fodder for the gaming

imagination, IMNSHO. :thumbup:

EDIT: The book (and a commentary by the author) can be found,

in PDF format and free of charge, here:

http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/wkk/

-Carl-

Left him near the start of the second season, remaining on "future earth" after the Dalek invasion. Only reappearance was in the 20th anniversary "Five Doctors" special.

No. It's never been clear whether Susan was a biological granddaughter, or that was just a term of endearment.

It's only fan reluctance to consider the Doctor as having a sexual side that has led to the debate! He called her grand-daughter, she called him grandfather. Fans: "Ooh, I wonder why he calls her that, perhaps it's an alien term meaning 'carrier of slippers' or something"- and all manner of wankery (including some which has passed into print & audio) has been evolved to explain it.

However - nothing in the TV show has ever contradicted the plain reading of the title. In fact in "The Empty Child" episode recently:

Dr Constantine: Before this war begain, I was a father and a grandfather. Now I am neither. But I am still a doctor.

The Doctor: Yeah, tell me about it (A british phrase meaning "I know how you feel")

Timelords don't reproduce sexually. It's been established in the various novels. They have "looms" where they shape biomass and add biodata and memory to create an individual. Basically all of them are immortal test tube babies.

Relationship names such as mother, father, daughter, cousin are used to denote houses or factions within their society - not the age or blood relation of the individual.

If taken in the light of the novels (which are cannon) - the Doctor would be a parental mentor figure for her. More closely equivalent to an adopted daughter. Which is about as close as Time Lords ever get to each other.

Links to resources for Doctor Who roleplaying-

Timelord Hero writeup

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ianmcdonald/ftp/other/HEROpackage.txt

Alternate RPGs

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/doctorwhoeyespy/universaldoctorwho.html

My Faction Paradox to Amber

http://www.curufea.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakka=RulesFactionParadox

References-

http://www.geocities.com/willbswift/index.html

http://www.gallifreyone.com/

http://mypage.iu.edu/%7Eadashiel/wod/archive/time_lords_2.html

http://drwhouni.pbwiki.com/

It is, however, still up in the air as to how canon the "early" books are in terms of the actual show. So theorhetically RTD could toss out the whole looms bit.

"So many parts...some of them hardly used!"

(Just remember "hardly" and "never" are two different words! :D:smoke:)

He has included a lot of cannon though. Including many of the old adversaries, information on Gallifrey and the Academy. But really it depends on what you want to include as a GM. There is no reason why you have to stick to what one particular writer has done.

That's kinda what roleplaying is all about - the "what if?" in a setting.

Also, the books are that early - they're mostly about the eighth Doctor.