Champions Universe: The Unresolved Questions/Plots

Steve Long

Re: Champions Universe: The Unresolved Questions/Plots

I especially want to see

--More... Taipan...

Taipan really has been languishing in hot sleep long enough. He should be out and terrifying superheroes! :eg:

There's also a lot one could do with his mysterious background, particularly given the scope of his noncombat abilities. His great knowledge of various segments of the criminal world, and sizeable contacts in same, could make him a criminal mastermind if he chose that route.

The comic book character is supposed to be a fan favorite.

So there probably is a Seeker running around Babylon, looking for a way to "get back" to the Champions... :eg:

That's a clever and logical use of CU continuity. Repped. :thumbup:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be an Infinitely Secret Civil Crisis of Champions to sort stuff out (or wreak havoc) continuity-wise. What happened with Solitaire and the Vril Society and her mom? When did Freon become a competant non-whining badass? Were the Fuzion rules just a bad dream?

There needs to be an Infinitely Secret Civil Crisis of Champions to sort stuff out (or wreak havoc) continuity-wise. What happened with Solitaire and the Vril Society and her mom? When did Freon become a competant non-whining badass? Were the Fuzion rules just a bad dream?

Apparently there was, in 1985 by current continuity: "The Secret Crisis, a war across space and time involving almost all of the heroes that had ever existed, occurs." (Champions Universe p. 25.)

I think that's how we're supposed to have ended up with the CU we have now. :sneaky:

Why is Oktoberfest called „Oktober"-fest when it actually begins in September?

The historical background: the first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17th with a horse race. In the following years, the celebrations were repeated and, later, the festival was prolonged and moved forward into September.

By moving the festivities up, it allowed for better weather conditions. Because the September nights were warmer, the visitors were able to enjoy the gardens outside the tents and the stroll over “die Wiesen” or the fields much longer without feeling chilly. Historically, the last Oktoberfest weekend was in October and this tradition continues into present times.

from http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/02/content/faq1

More drinking time. :drink:

Those are both 4th Edition versions' date=' now superceded.[/quote']

Yeah, I keep mixing and matching 4th and 5th. Not sure if it is on purpose or not. My players have never seen any of it, though, so it works. I still use all my old villain books and other fun supplements. I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned here. The Monster and Leech are the ones I like the best. Didn't the Monster used to have a crazy 8 ball?

Didn't the Monster used to have a crazy 8 ball?

You may be thinking of the Crimson Claw as depicted on the back cover of the old Champions adventure module, The Great Super Villain Contest. The cover lists a whole bunch of rhetorical narrator-like teaser questions, such as, "Who is the Crimson Claw? What is the Crimson Claw's Dread Secret?" The Claw (a monster in his own right) is shown holding a magic eight-ball displaying the response, "Reply Hazy Ask Later."

(Okay, I defy anyone to come up with a more obscure piece of Champions trivia.) :D

See? I knew this would make for a pretty interesting discussion. ;)

Though I may be alone in this, I am still lobbying for periodic sequels to CU and CU2 covering all these little plot points and background characters. You guys throw out a lot of great ideas, but sometimes it only serves to tantalize folks. Of course, I can only personally account for 2-3 copies of any book.

Yeah' date=' I keep mixing and matching 4th and 5th. Not sure if it is on purpose or not. My players have never seen any of it, though, so it works. I still use all my old villain books and other fun supplements. I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned here.[/quote']This is like my take on the IHA. The IHA is primarily the pollitical arm, but there is a smaller, but better funded, extremist group within them that calls themselves, GENOCIDE! "The only good freak is a dead freak."

What happens when "the magic goes away." Specifically, how does super-tech disappear and all the supergenius lose their superintelligence.

How (especially in terms of politics and the economy) does Earth get from (CU) present day conditions to those described in the Intro to Alien Wars. The explanations I've gotten so far do not suspend my disbelief, they do not hang it by the neck, they shred it into a fine pink mist.

I'd also like to see FULL information on "The Elder Worm." Or at least why they have a name in the singular. ;)

Though I may be alone in this' date=' I am still lobbying for periodic sequels to CU and CU2 covering all these little plot points and background characters. You guys throw out a lot of great ideas, but sometimes it only serves to tantalize folks. Of course, I can only personally account for 2-3 copies of any book.[/quote']

CU:NOTW was for me a nicely-done and welcome update of the Champions Universe, and I would hope that it sold well enough for DOJ to consider another one in the future. However, like this first update it probably won't happen for a few years.

What I'm hoping is that, even though Steve claims he had no ulterior motive for starting this thread, the discussion is reminding him and Darren of all the cool concepts, plots and characters which have been lying fallow in the setting, and sparking ideas for neat things to do with them. :)