Nature + Fire = What?

Ocelot

Re: Nature + Fire = What?

Yeah' date=' knowing what it's not would help...Fire+Nature......Digestion is a sort of "fire"...so is a Fever......so is Rot[/quote']

Consumption of matter and energy for fuel/building materials is another of the defining qualities of Life. Might justify Transfer and Absorption.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They give you Hunted: Smokey The Bear 14- (As Pow' date=' NCI, Maul). :eg:[/quote']

Mad props.

I think I'm going to go with "Combat." I took a look at all my old red/green gold M:TG cards, and that seems to be the dominant theme.

The magic governs the combination of the ferocity of fire with the preservation instinct of nature. Spells that make one stronger and more vicious in combat, more capable of incredible acts of desperation and a will to survive.

I think I'm going to call it Eyeofthetigeromancy.

Look for it in a few weeks, when I drop a rather sizeable campaign on the forums.

Thank you all SO MUCH for all your help.

Pitching in late here:

The first thing that sprang to my feeble little mind was rebirth.

There are certain species of pine trees including the mighty sequoia that can't germinate their seeds without fire.

There's also an old Chinese legend where a prospective suitor to a rich man's daughter. Naturally he was given three impossible tasks to perform. One of these tasks was "Kill something and bring it back to life." In the tradition of such tests he chopped down a tree, killing it, and then making a fire which was "alive."

If I was you, I'd go with "Transformation"

If life isn't one of the 8 basics, then yeah I'd definitely think that'd work well for the combo.

Life is growth, but also consider that disease is alive, thus wouldn't disease be under the provision of life? Bacteria as well.

Ooh, lemme quess on the elements:

Fire

Earth

Water

Air

Spirit

Nature

Magic

Taxes

Was that it?

They give you Hunted: Smokey The Bear 14- (As Pow' date=' NCI, Maul). :eg:[/quote']

We have a very unauthorised poster at work (the Smokey people are quite uptight about the depiction of Smokey), it has an extremely angry looking Smokey and underneath it says put out your smokes or Smokey will crush your butt.

Inquiring minds were right. The whole thing'll be posted down the road' date=' including all 36 combination elements.[/quote']

*blink blink*

Taxes are really one of your elements?

*blink blink*

and upon further thinking I had figured it would be divine (didn't put that originally cause for some reason i was thinkin Spirit=Divine, when really Spirit=Shaman, Nature=Druid, Magic=Mage, Divine=Priest).

We have a very unauthorised poster at work (the Smokey people are quite uptight about the depiction of Smokey)' date=' it has an extremely angry looking Smokey and underneath it says put out your smokes or Smokey will crush your butt.[/quote']

But what about Smokey the Bugbear?

"Only YOU can prevent Forest Elves!"

Sorry, old thing your post reminded me of from DnD days.

I realize I'm coming in late. However, that's never stopped me before...I would have gone with things in nature that in some way burn. So, the kinds of spells Nature + Fire would get you would be...

1. Animal Venoms (they don't actually burn your skin, but they feel like they're burning)

2. Plant Poisons (contact with causes burning in the skin/eyes, poison oak, ivy, etc.)

3. Infections (really just small animals getting inside and causing a fever)

4. Dragonfire and other dragon related stuff

5. Any other fire-related creatures you have in your world (phoenix, elementals, demons, etc., so long as its a natural animal with fire motif)

*blink blink*

Taxes are really one of your elements?

*blink blink*

and upon further thinking I had figured it would be divine (didn't put that originally cause for some reason i was thinkin Spirit=Divine, when really Spirit=Shaman, Nature=Druid, Magic=Mage, Divine=Priest).

Wow, I think I may have repped you for nothing. I thought you were making some play on the joke about Death and Taxes.

The eighth Primal Element is Death, people. It's Death.

Wow, I think I may have repped you for nothing. I thought you were making some play on the joke about Death and Taxes.

The eighth Primal Element is Death, people. It's Death.

I actually was making a play on death and taxes, it was later that I thought that divine might be separate from spirit. Who knows, though. :confused: