Speculation on Hero Releases in 2099

JmOz

Re: Speculation on Hero Releases in 2099

I wouldn't worry about the end of the world just yet. I was talking to this cockroach the other day and he said' "You humans - what does it take to kill you?".

Funny guy.

I'm pretty sure that the human race has gone beyond evolution. We'll still be here when the sun goes out. We may need to trim the numbers a shade, or discover a decent method of interstellar travel, but we'll still be here.

We'll probably even find a way to survive the sun going out.:celebrate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....climate change is a slow process. The evidence does point out that we have rapidly sped it up.

Its my understanding that if the oceans were 2 degress warmer (on average) that would be enough to cause dramatic change. Its a matter of a chain reaction. If we manage to raise the temperature 1 degree warmer (as a whole planet), that would be enough to cause the methane vents at the bottom of the ocean to open....those causing the temperature to rise another degree. At that point the normal ocean cycles that regulate the earths temperature would change. "Global Warming" isnt going to cause places to get warmer, its goig to stop the "evening out" of the temperature. We will have places that are extremley hot and extremly cold.

Let me sight some real world proof. If you look at the temperature records FOR THE ENTIRE TIME WE'VE BEEN RECORDING TEMPERATURE, and you had to guess what was the top 10 highest temperatures for a given location you would think they would be fairly random right? like...one in the 20s...one in the 40s or whatever....wrong....7 of the records are in the last 10 years! That means that almost every year we reach a new time high in a given region! (Note: the 7 to 10 is for the region I live in San Diego, yours may be better or worse).

Anyways....this isnt the type of discussion for a Heroes forum....:)

Sorry guys for ruining the mood

I saw those predictions too, but I seem to recall also reading that there were times int he Earth's history when the temperature was much mich higher than it is at the moment. We had all these huge lizards thundering about the place. It'll work out. You'll see :thumbup:

I mean, no need to be silly about it: cutting down on carbon emissions is a good thing. Finding alternative fule sources is a good thing. Looking after the planet is a good thing.

Alcohol is a great thing.

Sorry. Getting off topic there :D

Hey, no problem, the thread begs for that kinda thing.

I still think what you're worrying about is no different then the monks who were convinced they had absolute biblical proof that the world was scheduled to end in the year 1000 (never mind Y2K), though. Biblical evidence was deeply respected at the time, afterall.

Personally, I'd love to witness the end of the world, I understand the impulse, it's the ultimate form of closure.

I still think what you're worrying about is no different then the monks who were convinced they had absolute biblical proof that the world was scheduled to end in the year 1000 (never mind Y2K), though. Biblical evidence was deeply respected at the time, afterall.

Personally, I'd love to witness the end of the world, I understand the impulse, it's the ultimate form of closure.

Yes, well, we'll be keeping you away from the button then...:P

I love that phrase "Biblical evidence was deeply respected at the time"

Unfortunatley it still is. lol.

There is too much suffering in the world...maybes its best we cut our losses and end this game. You know? I mean seriously if we cant get our *#@# together then we should go away. You first though. lol.

Just kidding, life is cherry. Believe in Jesus.

"Jesus loves you, but I'm right here baby" - My shirt.

I really like religion. Not because I actually believe in most of what religions have to say - at least not the details - the big messages are often OK - but because I have to wander what sort of freaky God/Gods/Spirits/Energy Fields would want people to jump through those kinds of hoops. Dance, monkey, dance!

I was brought up catholic and boy oh boy there's some weird stuff in there, but I don't think any major or minor religion is free from strangeness. Some things should never be written down.

Anyway, back to the end of the world ....:D

Sorry Sean...that link is not a source I can depend on. No trust in THIS government and no trust in the bible (that goes for the other post). :)

Is it still paranoia if they really ARE out to get you? :)

OK, I'll give you that one but just type 'hottest shade temperature' into a search engine and there's enough contradictory evidence out there to calm you down. Oh and do the Chuck Norris thing - you could do with a laugh.

Can anyone else remember the excitment of the late 70's early 80's where we were told that we were at the beginning of another Ice Age?

Seriously though our history of recorded temperatures is a very small snapshot to be basing conclusions on.

Can anyone else remember the excitment of the late 70's early 80's where we were told that we were at the beginning of another Ice Age?

Seriously though our history of recorded temperatures is a very small snapshot to be basing conclusions on.

yup, why I laugh at the global warmings

This thread seems to have drifted into NGD territory. Shall I move it?
Only if people continue to post along these lines. I'd like to drift back, actually. Failing that, just let it die.

Like, I sort of like the Digital Age Hero idea...

And going to my idea of a currently-copyrighted setting giong Public Domain by 2099 and getting a HERO sourcebook in that year, I think the most likely dandidate would be Dune. (Middle-Earth would likely have gotten its book long before.)

Yeah....Dune is awesome....Heroes with a Dune setting.

Note: Regardless of my strange perceptions of reality, I did not aquire them from "hype" or "hysteria" or "alcohol"....I dont buy into myth. Its all science base. I dont care how many other people believe what I believe. To site someone 1000 years ago believing the world would end AS A REASON to not believe it is a logical fallacy!

Second, all you nay sayers....what research have you done? Seriously? If your not interested in the subject thats fine, you can still have an opinion on it; however some opinions are more valid than others (think about that for a minute, yes its true).

I understand that you're passionate about the subject, but please start a thread in NGD if you haven't already. I'd like this one to stay here.

On the subject, Flesh HERO, rules for expanding the default computer character into one of the now defunct human race, since we downloaded ourselves into pure data forms in 2075. Increase your Characteristic list from the four you have now to the original 14! Coming soon!