The Really Big Book

Edsel

Re: Re: Fry's good service!?

Originally posted by GamePhil

No, my wish for customer service as good as Fry's is not laughable. It is tragic. There is a difference, one which it seems you failed to appreciate.

My fault. I forget that subtle irony is often hard to see in text.

Phil,

I understood :)

Catseye

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we have a Fry's here in San Diego, about midway btwn where I work and where I live on Aero Dr off the 15. I NEVER go there. The customer services is THE WORST. Product strewn all over the place. half the crap on the shelves is returned product, a quarter of it mislabled, and it takes a half an hour to check out of there if you actually buy something.

Erm...oh yeah, fantasy forum...something vaguely OT...uh......."We hates it, my precious!"

Re: Fry's good service!?

Originally posted by lemming

I don't want to defend Gamescape, since the Palo Alto store always creeped me out, but seeing the wish for Customer Service as good as Fry's laughable.

For what it is worth,

I will toot the horn of my friends comic/RPG/game center FLGS of Distant Realms in Fremont (about two blocks from Senario Games on Fremont Avenue in the Alder Shopping Center). My friend is very much into customer service, documentation and running things like a business. I watch as the store workers go wide eyed at all of the paperwork they need to do sometimes but when it comes to a question from a customer, an answer is just two mouse-clicks away.

They have been musing over the idea of opening more stores in other areas and, if it happens, at least the Bay Area will have some more professionally run gaming stores.

Okey, tooting over.

Re: Re: Fry's good service!?

Originally posted by MarkusDark

(about two blocks from Senario Games on Fremont Avenue in the Alder Shopping Center).

Holy crud, that's within a mile of my apartment! Do you have the phone number? It doesn't seem to show up on yellowpages.com and my phone book is missing.

Re: Re: Re: Fry's good service!?

Originally posted by GamePhil

Holy crud, that's within a mile of my apartment! Do you have the phone number? It doesn't seem to show up on yellowpages.com and my phone book is missing.

510-739-1101

They are relatively new and their Hero stock is slowly growing (thanks to me. :) ) BTW, they have an 'extra' copy of FH that they are trying to unload as they have limited shelf space at this moment and like to have just single copies of each out on the shelves.

I will actually be down there at 7pm running (or closing) a Champs game I run every Tuesday night.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fry's good service!?

I will actually be down there at 7pm running (or closing) a Champs game I run every Tuesday night.

I'd drop by if only to put a face to the name, but I twisted my ankle this morning and can only limp around. Maybe next week.

Thanks for the number, I must check them out.

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Old Man

I have now seen FH in person and will refer to it as the FHonebook from now on.

Oh, this is too good.

FH-One-Book = FHonebook. Good one, ol' man.

Sounds like you're both hooked on FHonics.

Well, I just got my copy today, and hadn't seen the book in person up until now. Sweet mother of crap! This thing really is huge. It's going to take a long time to digest it all, but I'm sure it will be fun. I've been looking forward to this, and I'm sure I will not be disappointed.

Originally posted by Catseye

Um, not being from around here I think Steve missed the gag.

In the SF bay area Fry's is notorious for bad service.

(Try Googling for "I Hate Frys" Steve, there are whoel web pages devoted to the subject.)

Suggesting that someone needs to work to get to Fry's level of service, at least around here, is a true insult.

Catseye

While WAY out of date this is my favorite Fry's article.

http://www.gshotts.com/HUMOR/BreakfastAtFrys/breakfas.htm

Since that was written, the Sunnyvale Frys moved about 4blocks away and now has a Museum of Technology motif and the Fremont Frys has moved under some scary, big, buzzing high voltage backbone towers. It's motif is Electricity, of course.

Here in the Bay Area Frys is renouned for their attension to Ad errors, Long lines, and Clueless Salespeople who ignore you.

Tasha :)