Dumb Noob Mulitpower Question

teh bunneh

Say I've got a 50-point Multipower. Everything in it is a fixed slot.

Slot One is a 10d6 EB with some -1 limitiation. 50 Active, 25 Total points.

Slot Two is a 25PD/25ED Force Field with some other -1 limitation. So 50 Active, 25 Total.

Can I have them both active at the same time (going off total points for each), or do they each count as a 50-point power WRT the Multipower points allocation?

And can you point me to the 5r page ref for this?

:stupid:

Re: Dumb Noob Mulitpower Question

I don't have my book in front of me, and therefore can't provide a reference, but as far as I can recall it's Active Points. In fact, it's spelled out one way or the other in the description of Multipower; that much I'm sure of.

Now, the real question is, in what kind of Multipower would one Power be on an OAF and the other have some other -1 Limitation that's not OAF?

I don't have my book in front of me, and therefore can't provide a reference, but as far as I can recall it's Active Points. In fact, it's spelled out one way or the other in the description of Multipower; that much I'm sure of.

Now, the real question is, in what kind of Multipower would one Power be on an OAF and the other have some other -1 Limitation that's not OAF?

It's just an example, not a real limitation. :o

Multipowers reserves operate on the Active points.

You might be confusing this with the way Variable Power Pools work.

In VPP's the Pool size is the maximum Active points of any single power but is also the maximum simultaneous limit of Real points.

Since Hyper-Man has already answered the fake question, I'll answer the real one ;):

Lots of kinds. The first that springs to mind would be the classic utility belt. The Pool would be an OIF, some of the slots might be OAFs, others might be OIFs.

Another would be a Magic Pool. The Pool itself might not have any focus limitation at all. But some spells might require a Focus to work. So your Fire Bolt might require a Wand (OAF), wheras your Aura of Protection might require Concentration at 0 DCV to setup, along with Gestures and Incantations.

Multipowers reserves operate on the Active points.

You might be confusing this with the way Variable Power Pools work.

In VPP's the Pool size is the maximum Active points of any single power but is also the maximum simultaneous limit of Real points.

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked. Just wanted a sanity check. :)

It's that damn Cthulhu. I was fine until he moved into the apartment next door ...

Re: MPows, yeah, it's AP, not Real. This is why I (generally) prefer VPPs for characters who have a lot of power and/or can do a lot with the power they have. (See M-Proof and Captain Quasar for examples. :P )

And can you point me to the 5r page ref for this?

:stupid:

And now to answer the one question of the OP that wasn't answered. ;)

5ER, p317.

Under "Cost of a Fixed slot = (Real Points in slot/10)", it says, "When a character uses a Fixed slot, he must always allocate reserve points equal to the Active Points of the power in the slot.".

Under "Cost of Flesible slot = (Real Points in slot/5)", it says, "If a character chooses to assign fewer reserve points to a Flexible slot than the slot's Active Points, he may only use a number of Active Points in that power equal to the reserve points assigned.".

Multipower and VPP are always off of ACTIVE POINTS' date=' not REAL COST.[/quote']

Well VPPs use both Active Points and Real Cost. No power in the VPP can have an Active Point cost of more than the Pool size. And you can have any combination of Powers active whose total Real Cost is less than or equal to the Pool size. :)

Well VPPs use both Active Points and Real Cost. No power in the VPP can have an Active Point cost of more than the Pool size. And you can have any combination of Powers active whose total Real Cost is less than or equal to the Pool size. :)

Sigh. Do you seriously think I don't know that? The CAP is always AP.

Sigh. Do you seriously think I don't know that? The CAP is always AP.

No, I didn't think you didn't know that. In fact I was pretty sure you did. I did however think that there was the possibility that other people reading this thread might not.

2u Unfocused Blast 10d6 EB x3 END

2u Focused Blast 3d6+1 RKA (OAF: Focusing Crystal)