Traveller Hero

TheRavenIs

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Traveller Hero

Got mine yesterday! Had hoped to devour Book 1 after the kids went to bed, but shortly after that, a plumbing issue became something of an emergency, so I haven't even made it through the Races section yet.

So far, extremely impressed! Nice, clean layout, and the brief sketches on races are enough to let those unfamiliar with them to make characters and get started. Even better, each and every entry features a direct reference to sources for more detail on the particular race, etc.

On the downside, I'm going to have to break down and buy Dark Champions just so I can read the stuff on page 150, because it comes up a _lot_! :lol:

Excellent job, guys!

Really looking forward to reading the rest, but I've got to devote the rest of the weekend to kids and classwork, so I won't be blistering through it at quite the pace I had hoped.

Been comparing and contrasting it with my TNE version books from GDW. I love the fact that so many details, including the virus strains, are included. For only 2 relatively thin books, so many details have been packed into them that I continue to be impressed. Kudos Shadowcat, your writing (and that of Randy and Rob) is outstanding!

Zhodoni and Droyne, together at last! :)

I'm hoping to have mine by Wednesday....an offhanded post on Facebook got several players in the DnD game I'm in asking "when's the game start?" So, time to dust of GMing skills.

Got mine yesterday! Had hoped to devour Book 1 after the kids went to bed, but shortly after that, a plumbing issue became something of an emergency, so I haven't even made it through the Races section yet.

So far, extremely impressed! Nice, clean layout, and the brief sketches on races are enough to let those unfamiliar with them to make characters and get started. Even better, each and every entry features a direct reference to sources for more detail on the particular race, etc.

On the downside, I'm going to have to break down and buy Dark Champions just so I can read the stuff on page 150, because it comes up a _lot_! :lol:

Excellent job, guys!

Really looking forward to reading the rest, but I've got to devote the rest of the weekend to kids and classwork, so I won't be blistering through it at quite the pace I had hoped.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a small quantity of the 2 book sets available through private sale, I still have a coupe left, at 50.00 a set, no shipping charges in the US

I can take orders via paypal or regular mail, payment by anything but personal check

Missed the first go-round due to poor timing.

Thanks for the chance at the second, much appreciated. My compliments on the conversion.

I prefer Hero as my gaming system of choice, but have been playing Traveller since 1979, this sourcebook is invaluable.

If we ever meet, I owe you a glass of Eiswein.

I wonder if there is a way to implement the built-in plot hooks of Mongoose Traveller character creation in Hero. It would also be nice to see a "character-point-total-based-on-age" method, where you start with a set number of points to build the initial character with one term of experience. A starting pot, if you will. Then, you get an additional allotment of points for each additional term (spent on a term by term basis), until you reach the standard amount of experience points for the given campaign.

I don't know. I guess that kind of limits characters a bit. Maybe it provides a little structure. Then again, maybe random character generation and point-based character generation should never meet...

• 2 months later...