Traveller Hero

TheRavenIs

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Traveller Hero

I feel sorry for you guys who've lost out on your Traveller Hero pdfs from ComStar.

I only have a couple of players and wanted to run a Traveller game that is a bit more heroic then MGT in which the PCs have better skills and more survivability than Mongoose Traveller allows.

I dug out my Hero 5th edition pdf and looked through it (the system always intimidated me with, it seemed really crunchy) and after reading through it was really impressed by the simple internal logic of a system that could allow me to create anything I wanted with pretty much one book.

Luckily enough I'd bought my Traveller Hero pdfs off drivethru and their still available for download.

As for Marc Miller not wanting to many versions of Traveller out there he's quite willing to sell The New Era and Errata ridden copies of Megatraveller and T4 for download so I don't know why he won't let 3rd party copies of Traveller Hero out on the market.

I guess its time for fan resources to take up the banner that ComStar had to let fall.

Just my 0.2 cr.

You just broke my heart. :(

I read that as saying that drivethru has Traveller HERO _right now_. :(

I think I broke my eyes hunting for it.

On the other hand, I was surprised to see that FF&S and 3G3 are still viable products. I know FF&S holds up well (We still use it now and again), but I figured it would have been outdated after all these years. Pleasant surprise. :)

I too got my hopes up and went to that site to look. Nope, no current copies. He must mean his old purchases can still be redownloaded but no new copies are being sold. I looked under Hero and Traveller both.

Still think purchasing TNE and FF&S in the mid 1990's was one of my best purchases ever.

My apologies Duke, I should have expressed myself better.

I think its shame after spending the last couple of days devouring nearly 600 pages of the 5th edition Hero rulebook I'm really into the system.

I want to use the same sytem for all my games and Hero is absolutely beautiful, you can create anything from a puppy dog to a starship using the same system.

As I said above I really can't see why MWM doesn't at least let the Traveller Hero PDFs be sold, you can get other versions of Traveller that way.

But then again I don't know the terms of his contract with Mongoose.

good news folks

there are going to be some limited quantities of the printed TH books available again, through a private sale, there wont be any pdfs available however. how soon I can make them available is unknown, price wont be any worse than standard retail plus shipping. once I have more information I will post it here

ok folks, how much actual interest is there in printed copies of Traveller Hero, if I can make them available at cover price+shipping at worst. I dont know for sure how many copies I can make available but it will be a limited quantity.

a couple of folks have also talked about losing their Com-Star downloaded pdfs, I am at least trying to see if there is a way of fixing that issue, if DTRPG can do this, it should give justification for legit replacements, might involve being able to verify the original purchase, but I am working on that at least

ok folks, how much actual interest is there in printed copies of Traveller Hero, if I can make them available at cover price+shipping at worst. I dont know for sure how many copies I can make available but it will be a limited quantity.

a couple of folks have also talked about losing their Com-Star downloaded pdfs, I am at least trying to see if there is a way of fixing that issue, if DTRPG can do this, it should give justification for legit replacements, might involve being able to verify the original purchase, but I am working on that at least

Count me in!

It is probably not something I should spend money on right now, but I am not going to let this pass me by again.

rep for you, shadowcat!

As I already have the PDFs and run all my games off computer, so I won't be buying.

However I just wanted to say well done to Shadowcat for doing this for the community.

On a side note I've nearly finished my first Traveller Hero scenario, just got to stat up the NPCs.

I'm interested in getting this!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay folks, yes there are now print only sets of Traveller Hero in a very limited quantity available

the 2 book set retailed at 29.99 per book, the 2 book set I will be able to sell for 50.00

again this is a private sale of previously printed books

contact me off list for shipping details etc

ok good news on pdf downloads... for those who have already purchased them but need to re-download them for whatever reason

contact Com-star at this address

As long as they have an account, they can redownload any products that they have previously purchased. Some of their downloads may expire, but if they send an email to me I can reset them. I will need their email adress that matches their account email.

breajr@roadrunner.com

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay folks, yes there are now print only sets of Traveller Hero in a very limited quantity available

the 2 book set retailed at 29.99 per book, the 2 book set I will be able to sell for 50.00

again this is a private sale of previously printed books

contact me off list for shipping details etc

I am sorry to bother anyone, but I sent an email on Oct 19th (via the "send an email" link on Shadowcat's profile), and I have yet to receive any details. Was that the wrong "off-list" contact method? If so, please advise as to a better method (and hopefully, that there are still some left).

weird, I never got it, to be safe, use the following address for everything

shadowcat48li@yahoo.com

Wish I had checked in here yesterday (too busy). I've had this same problem. sent you a PM a couple days ago. Payment was sent your way Monday the 26th.

I'll try the e-mail address, just to be certain.