For FREEDOM!

Hermit

Originally posted by JmOz

There were a couple a while ago, on the old boards.

I agree the game is a blast, i still load it up from time to time just to thump on some thugs...

BTW do you know if there is any plans for an expansion (LET FREEDOM RING)

Rats. I hope Ben can find the old info.

And I don't know. I surely hope so.

Oh, what the heck

By the way, just curious, and NOT putting up a poll (Must make... ego check)... but for those of you that know the game...

What is your favorite character?

I'd have to go with "The Ant" myself. I hate ants, but this little Spiderman inspired fella is great. Versitile powers, and I even like his personality.

I believe there is going to be an expansion, or another product set in the universe. This is just what I've gotten over the rumor mill. But where this was a very 1950's superhero world, the rumor mill has it that the next one will be more sixties or seventies. I'm not sure how they're going to change the art style. Maybe go for a more Ditko look.

Re: Oh, what the heck

Originally posted by Hermit

By the way, just curious, and NOT putting up a poll (Must make... ego check)... but for those of you that know the game...

What is your favorite character?

I'd have to go with "The Ant" myself. I hate ants, but this little Spiderman inspired fella is great. Versitile powers, and I even like his personality.

So hard to choose. I was grinning like an idiot from the moment I started playing the game and I had to force myself to stop playing it and 'Make it last'...

For combat effectiveness I liked Bullet and Minuteman

For Personality and Storyline I liked the Ant and Manbot.

So... Manbot.

What really makes FF great is the open-ended architecture. Fans have created hundreds of new skins and meshes, and some folks have even released fx packs, so you can set the special effects of your custom powers. But the thing that really extended the life of the game for me are the mods: Fantastic Four, JLA, Avengers, X-Men, Suicide Squad... Folks have written multi-episode adventures with original plots and voices. You can download them from

http://www.freedommods.com/ff-spm.html

--d

Last I heard, the guys at Irrational Games wanted to do three games.

One set in the 1960's for a pure Silver Age story.

One set in the 70's or 80's.

And one set in a 'Dark Knight Returns'-style grim 'n' gritty future.

I had a stone-solid gas playing Freedom Force. I just wish Irrational would bring out an expansion containing additional missions.The only problem I had with the game was I WANTED MORE!!!!

Oh, and I dug Minuteman the most... but I liked all of 'em.

Pol.

(Yeah, even crummy old Mentor with his silly voice)

Arrgh! That game was too short! More, more!

My favorites in order are Man'o'war, Liberty Lad (fast, nimble and well-rounded), The Alche-Miss (the most underrated of them all, and a snappy one), Eve (I love the concept as well as the hottie) and the Ant. Man-bot has a great depth of character, but was kinda frustrating to play.

If you got the Character Extension pack, check out for Iron Ox. This guy's voice characterisation is a blast!

I liked this game a lot, too. From the stock guys, I like Bullet... but MM did more than his fair share of work.

I used my own creations whenever possible. With a little monkeying around, I had a devastating giant robot (you know the one), a cyborg T-Rex, a cyborg giant ant, and a couple guys that used the Timemaster dude model. I also had a one-shot wonder speedster and flying blaster... both of them tended to one-hit most of the usual guys in the game (so we excluded them in the replay).

In multiplayer it was always a blast to bring in the robot, t-rex, and the giant boss guy... few people, at the time, knew you could swipe those files and use them for custom characters.

Originally posted by Acroyear

I liked this game a lot, too. From the stock guys, I like Bullet... but MM did more than his fair share of work.

MM - 300 percenter -Smash... that was nasty cobo. On the final mission when you had to go from gear to gear refighting all the baddies, that one knocked Pan off the edge and ended that fight in one hit... :D

Custom Characters

Originally posted by Nucleon

If you got the Character Extension pack, check out for Iron Ox. This guy's voice characterisation is a blast!

Actually, it was that voice I used when I tinkered with character creation. I picked Minute Man as a basic template, choose the red color for his costume, altered a few powers (especially their names), put Iron Ox's voice for him... and behold, REDCOAT was born!

"Can't let those damn colonials show us up, eh wot?" ;)

Originally posted by Jhamin

I eventually had to stop bringing El Diablo along on missions just to prolong the game. His explosive fireballs were a thing of beauty.

Aah, El Diablo...

What a frustrating character; He can't fly while using his power, nor can't he be assign to an ennemy using his tongue of flames because he always end up stunning himself with that "Hot Tempered/ trait of his.

That was quite mortal (for him) with the Inferno power, which has too short a range when he overpowers, and that is quite often. If Man-Bot isn't here to transfer power to him, I end up using him as a low-threat grounded, hand-to-hand fighter.

• 2 years later...

Re: For FREEDOM!(Freedom Force)

Ok, despite the fact it has been out for awhile, only in the last 2 months have I been able to play and enjoy "Freedom Force" by irrational games. I've had a ball.

I'm sure someone somewhere has already asked this, but...

Does anyone have HERO style write ups for these guys?

When searching for HERO writeups of characters from any source, I always seek to draw first from the Well of Surbrook :hail: :

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsvideogame/videogamechar.html#FREE