Spyder from V&V's Most Wanted Vol 1. (Last test post for a while)

proditor

Okay, here he is in all his insane massive DEX glory.

http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/test/spydertest.HTML

This is probably the last test I'll be doing, as I think I have the balance I want in color, composition, etc. etc.

I also know that Spyder was the most requested conversion that I hadn't done yet, so I'm giving him an early showing to thank folks for all the support for my page over the last couple of years. :)

Re: Spyder from V&V's Most Wanted Vol 1. (Last test post for a while)

Dex 42. :P I giggled for half an hour.

Yeah, I went back and forth over which conversion guide to use, and finally I just said "If I'm going to go nuts, I might as well go for the 42." And in case anyone asks, the other guide would have worked it out to 36, so ya know, still pretty crazy.

But yeah....42. Heh. :D

42 ?!?

What was his DEX in V&V?

Where is the converesion guide?

He had a 43 Agility.

Well, I have two of them, one from the back of old V&V Products, and that said use 15 + Accuracy x 3, which would have been 36. The other, by Steve Perrin & George MacDonald with Jack Herman, says use V&V Agility -1 , which got me 42. ;)

Not sure where I got the second guide...here probably.

Yup, here ya go: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=511012&postcount=3

:)

Yep, nasty whichever system you use.

In one game I was in the other players told me of a time where the GM used him against the team. Between his level bonuses powers and the way the combat system works he was practically un-hitable.

Was another case of the GM just not taking into account how many powers interacted and multiplied.

PS I must spread rep. Darn!!!

Thanks guys! :D

I'm doing this mostly for fun, it's kinda therapuetic.

I'm considering hosting some stuff (Like if I can convince Chad to post his V&V stuff too), so SCUBA Hero, let me know if you need a hosting site for your DNAgents conversions. :)

Has anyone done a Champions conversion for Doctor Apocalypse? I'm curious to see how one of the most powerful villains for V&V stacks up against Doctor "You Should Be Crapping Your Tights Right Now" Destroyer.

:ugly:

Has anyone done a Champions conversion for Doctor Apocalypse? I'm curious to see how one of the most powerful villains for V&V stacks up against Doctor "You Should Be Crapping Your Tights Right Now" Destroyer.

I've used him, but my stats are old and I'd have to dig them up. However Doc Apoc is converted, he should be comparable to Dr. D. given the intent he be a master villain.

Note that Apoc's powers are technically in a VPP - he can change them, although it takes a long time. That means you can freely rebuild to suit the scenario and/or the opposition.

I've used him, but my stats are old and I'd have to dig them up. However Doc Apoc is converted, he should be comparable to Dr. D. given the intent he be a master villain.

Note that Apoc's powers are technically in a VPP - he can change them, although it takes a long time. That means you can freely rebuild to suit the scenario and/or the opposition.

Yup, and that's how I wrote up all 2282 points of him.

You can see his sheet at my old site; http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/vandvindex.htm

Or direct link: http://home.comcast.net/~proditor/vandv/destroyers/apocalypse.htm

Be prepared to scroll. A lot.

I'm considering hosting some stuff (Like if I can convince Chad to post his V&V stuff too)' date=' so SCUBA Hero, let me know if you need a hosting site for your DNAgents conversions. :)[/quote']Sure! :D

Just put a "conversion by SCUBA Hero" note.

I've actually only done Surge and Tank. Maybe now I'll get motivated to convert some others...

[edit]

I did those a while back. I'll update them to Hero Designer.

[/edit]

SCUBAHero: It'll probably be a while before we get the new site 100%, so no huge rush. :)

It's odd converting these guys. I just finshed the "M"s, which means I did Motivator and an update to Mountain Man back to back. Talk about odd. Strangely though, they do represent two of the campaign world's upper limits. Motivator for INT (55) and Mountain Man for STR (95).

Here's the big secret btw, Spyder is not the world record holder for DEX....

Live in fear. ;)

Thanks guys! :D

I'm doing this mostly for fun, it's kinda therapuetic.

I'm considering hosting some stuff (Like if I can convince Chad to post his V&V stuff too), so SCUBA Hero, let me know if you need a hosting site for your DNAgents conversions. :)

Well, I'd probably be happy too. But I lost a whole bunch of writeups (ie All the villains) when I converted from Hero Maker to HeroDesigner. :(

But throwing them together wouldn't take that long...

Well I just found someone who beats Spider in the Dex department. Check out Wraith from the Algernon Files Vol. 2.0. Dex 45. I kid you not.

Fortunately the skill levels are not as high, but still DCV 22 when dodging. Tack on a Damage Reduction that requires a dex roll (18- in this case) and he rarely gets hurt.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I just found someone who beats Spider in the Dex department. Check out Wraith from the Algernon Files Vol. 2.0. Dex 45. I kid you not.

Fortunately the skill levels are not as high, but still DCV 22 when dodging. Tack on a Damage Reduction that requires a dex roll (18- in this case) and he rarely gets hurt.

Yeah, but he's from the Algernon Files. And as awesome as Dave's stuff is, he doesn't count. ;)

I can give folks a clue as to the current big bad of the DEX world in V&V, he's from Most Wanted Vol. 3, and he tops out at a 44 DEX iirc.