You Are President!

Adventus

Guest Major Tom

Re: You Are President!

Powerstar: Assuming that the election was completely on the up-and-

up (no supervillain mastermind trying to frell things over royally, etc.),

he'd do his best for the nation, with his first act being the selection of people

who are far more politically astute than he is (he's an astrophysics major, not

a political science major) who are willing to put the nation's best interests

before their personal agendas. As far as the age requirement goes, he more

than qualifies (physiologically, he's 25, whereas chronologically he's 87).

Major Tom :cool:

Cheeta: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I an honored and humbled by receiving the unsought honor of being elected President of the United States of America. My first official act is to appoint NFL veteran Senator Rick Santorum my vice president. My second act is to order a full inquiry into the death of Pat Tillman as soon as I find out which agency investigates the military. My third act is a Nixon-like pardon for any crimes that Orenthal James Simpson may or may not have committed; enought is enough, people, let it go! And my final act will be to resign and return to playing football as soon as my Vice President is confirmed by the Senate and sworn in! Thank you and good night."

Talion: His first action is appointing someone to find out who's been using mass mind control on the American public.

Maybe it was Zero - he's a world-class mentalist :D

Of course, he's also hugely defensive of his real identity and powers, so I'm somewhat baffled how he could end up in this position - unless he was somehow involved in a plan that needed him as VP and then the meat-puppet Prez got himself killed somehow?

First things first, get delegating, and start using his mentalism to dig out anything that can undermine his opponents, and embarrass his government. Use that information wisely. Extremely good telepathy would come in handy in diplomatic areas too, I suspect.

But he'd definitely need some good advisers. And with any luck he could get his mother accidentally shot by the Secret Service.

Vitus? No. No no no. No way in hell does an extra-dimensional gnoll wizard qualify. Which is just as well, since it's not like he needs yet another reason to have to hang around this arse-end of reality like an irritible dingle-berry, to drive him psychotic. Well. More psychotic.

Arachne is only 16, so she doesn't qualify. :hush:

Batroc would love the job! But she's not an American citizen, so she doesn't qualify either. :(

Gabriel Shaw is only in his mid-20s now, but in 20-30 years I could certainly see him running for president. He's got the wealth, the smarts, the acumin, and the old-money contacts to do it. The question is, in 20-30 years will he still be a hero, or will he have followed his father down the dark path? :sneaky:

WHITE-KNITE:

He's heroic, charismatic, and empathetic. He's a cop and a public servant already. He'd really have to weigh being tied down to the Oval Office. He'd say yes if he felt he could get the right cabinet. He'd want his own personal smarts back up with wiser and older people
(plus a ten-year old kid to point out the obvious loop-holes)
to really do something for America.

:eek: Oh no! An evil overlord just got elected President! joint.gif

You have to love write in voting! :sneaky:

In November, in the Election, after the votes are tallied, you have been elected President!

You were not running but you are still elected The President

This of course is easy to get out of if you can show you don't meet the minimum requirements. i.e at least 35 years old, A Natural born American.

What would you do if you do qualify?

Version One is neither 35 years old (closer to 2) nor a native born yank (not even a native of this dimension) so he's out. He wouldn't take the job anyway, his memories are mostly artificial so he doesn't regard himself as having enough life experience to handle such an important job.

Caliente: The circumstances of her birth are rather murky, and the matter is a sore point with her. She would instantly announce that she refuses to be inaugurated, that she will not be on the planet on the day thereof, and she utterly refuses to serve at all. Hopefully, if this announcement is made early, and forcefully, enough, the matter of her status as a native born citizen will not arise.

The Blaze: She is too young (being 28 years old). Unfortunate; a President who can "slice time" would get so much more done. ;)

Lana Wanna: "Wait! When did I develop the power to control minds in an area beyond where I can be seen?" She would not long puzzle over that, as her thoughts turn to the "unofficial perks" of the Presidency.

You have to love write in voting! :sneaky:

In November, in the Election, after the votes are tallied, you have been elected President!

You were not running but you are still elected The President

This of course is easy to get out of if you can show you don't meet the minimum requirements. i.e at least 35 years old, A Natural born American.

What would you do if you do qualify?

Mean-a Tina===She'd wonder why something beside her latest Master Plan worked. But she'd jump on the chance, appoint her most trusted underlings to Cabinet posts and head of the CIA, FBI, etc. Then she'd grab as much money, high tech weapons, etc., as possible. She'd make sure her public image was spotless, ruin the reputation of as many Superheroes as she could (esp., the ones that have been the biggest problems), and put some teeth in the MetaHuman Registration and Oversight Law.

IOW, have the kind of fun only a Mastermind could have. :eg: :eg: :eg:

Mean-a Tina is a Supervillianess from a campaign where ~1/2 the players have Svillains and ~1/2 Sheroes and we switch off from time to time. It's very 4-colour, almost camp. Mean-a Tina is my current character.

Badger- I think barely qualifies. (probably mid-30s). Resign. (Note: Mother was Irish citizen, who had moved to America. Father alien (in more way than one). Note: Has a deep hatred for politicians and journalist. He really doesnt want to even save them, when they are in danger (he'll do it, but he doesnt have to like it), so I really couldnt see him ever become one.

Frosty Bob- Born in America check. Age-near 100 check. Frankly, the job would bore him. His only interest is to shoot stuff (hey Republican :rolleyes:) drink beer, and pick up women (Hmm, Bill Clinton?). He'd probably resign. Or start up a war, and personally lead it. He's virtually immortal so death is rather unlikely. :D

Radon- Say hello to the death penalty for Super-Villians. Fully nuclear power for the country. Say goodbye to the 'Vocal minority' ruling democracy. After a few years, say hello benevolent dictatorship.

Paladin- Would remove any power the church has over american politics. Make it illegal for organizations benefiting from religious tax exemption to 'donate' any funds to political groups. then would resign as soon as the changes were done.

Centurion would probably respectfully decline, he's already Tai-Pan of the Hong Kong City-State and will be for another 189 years. Conflict of interest. On the other hand he might just accept as the odds are against the US and HK being at cross purposes.

Nighthawk would find out which of his enemies arranged his election, take him out, expose the plot, and step aside for the run off between the next highest vote-getters in two weeks.

Patriot would accept the honor and serve to the best of his ability. He would probably end up serving two terms and be considered one of the country's top four presidents along with Washington, Lincoln, and FDR.

Stuart MacLeod isn't qualified, he was born in Scotland. 800 years ago.