Who are Foxbat's Official Henchmen?

OddHat

Re: Who are Foxbat's Official Henchmen?

OK I don't want to step on any toes here or anything' date=' and I'm not trying to cause trouble but what, honestly, is the fascination with Foxbat? He's retarded and childish, and not at all interesting to me as a character. Why do people like him so much?[/quote']

For exactly the reason you don't like him.

He is a light-hearted villain that doesn't require being killed, thrown off a building, or beaten to a pulp. His nature allows GM's to create elaborate, over the top schemes that remind us of the plots of KAOS and SMIRSH. It gives a villain who is supposed to get caught "monologging". He is CLOWN without being too stupid. Foxbat is 4-color comics gold.

Granted he's not everybody's cup of tea, but those that like him, love him.

Besides he hatched a plot to steal the transporter set from Star Trek III and use them to kidnap everyone on the planet and hold them for ransom. Who could not enjoy that brilliant thinking. Ok so his plan had one major flaw. He had a hard time of figuring out who would pay the ransom.

But come on...

In our Champions Campaign my character regards Foxbat as one of the most deadly threats in existence. Even more of a threat than Dr. Destroyer.

And of all the major villains the group has fought (VIPER, DEMON, some Elder Gods, Egyptian Gods in Faerie) Foxbat has come closest to ending the world. Twice. And is the only supervillain to successfully capture the team.

"You can always trust the professional, it's the amateurs that are dangerous"

Played right Foxbat is a good balance between goofy and serious (goofy deliver, serious consequences)

That, and he's just fun to beat up!

That's just it' date=' he's not very funny to me, he's like Carrot Top rather than humorous. He's just... dorky and uncomfortable.[/quote']

I've never got that impression.

He's light-hearted but not stupid. CLOWN was stupid.

Ofcourse, this is all opinions so...

OK I don't want to step on any toes here or anything' date=' and I'm not trying to cause trouble but what, honestly, is the fascination with Foxbat? He's retarded and childish, and not at all interesting to me as a character. Why do people like him so much?[/quote']

In all seriousness and with respect, I believe this is one of those cases where if you have to ask the question, you'll never grasp the answer. ;)

In our Champions Campaign my character regards Foxbat as one of the most deadly threats in existence. Even more of a threat than Dr. Destroyer.

And of all the major villains the group has fought (VIPER, DEMON, some Elder Gods, Egyptian Gods in Faerie) Foxbat has come closest to ending the world. Twice. And is the only supervillain to successfully capture the team.

"You can always trust the professional, it's the amateurs that are dangerous"

Played right Foxbat is a good balance between goofy and serious (goofy deliver, serious consequences)

That, and he's just fun to beat up!

in regards to foxy's quote he has a valid point there

Foxbat is the only villain to get a standing ovation from my players before they arrested him. And no, not for the concert mentioned in news of the world, but for an homage to WKRP in Cincinnatti he did in NYC's Washington Square Park involving a helicopter, and a lot of foxes wearing little self-deploying glider suits. All to the accompaniment of Ride of the Valkyrie, as the Main Fox himself gracefully glided down to street level, exhorting his furry minions to rob anyone wearing corduroy, because as he said, "They've obviously been robbed of their fashion sense already!!! MWUA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!"

Yes, I do loves me some Foxbat. So does my group, so it works out well.

PS: Bring back Leroy' date=' the Amazing Exo-Skeleton Man.[/quote']

I agree!

And who were those other characters in that one 3rd Ed book who served as his flunkies? I remember a martial artist who didn't have any actual martial arts on his character sheet (it was all in a Multipower with comically silly names), as well as a few other guys, and one jawdroppingly gorgeous woman who worked as Freddy's therapist.

That was 4E's Enemies Assemble !

Foxabat's henchmen were

1. Exo-Skeleton Man (FB's right-hand man)

2. Harmonious Fist (martial artist from the future)

3. Agent One (robotics expert, marksman ???)

4. Agent Orange ("Fast Eddy", speedster, FB's driver, SPD 6)

5. Agent X (Big Vic the brick; STR 35 AP)

6. Charly (the stunning beauty and medical doctor)

7. Alex Hampton (FB's servant)

I just loved these guys! Endless hours of fun!