Damn Birds

Marcus Impudite

Inspired by this Newgrounds game:

It's a peaceful day in Campaign City Park...until gunshots ring out! Running to investigate, you are surpised to find that a park statue, one armed with a musket no less, has come to life and has started taking shots at the pigeons and/or other little feathered miscreants who've been *ahem* "giving him the business" for so many years. So far the disgruntled statue hasn't trained his gun on any humans, but that hasn't stopped the civillians in the park from fleeing the area in panic. WWYCD?

Re: Damn Birds

Anthem would approach it and try to make contact. It if it doesn't speak or respond to her she'd simpy follow and observe until it does something unusual. When police show up she'd report on its activities.

Having a sense of deja-vu, she'd head crosstown to a rooftop she occasionally frequents to see if the gargoyle has come to life there again. If he hasn't, she'd sit there a bit sad for a while before going back on patrol.

Pyrie, not being known for subtlety, would take out her frustrations on the nonliving gunman. She'd force-feed him firebolts until he was a glowing red puddle on the ground.

No, she wouldn't stop to think about collateral damage until well after the fact ^_^;;

Volt would try to talk to it and have it at least lower the gun. Would calm the people down. Then try to figure out what happened, and what to do with the living statue.

Olorin would start by laughing. Then he'd go Volt's route. If it were magic, he'd know. If the statue was pretty much a non-intelligent golem, he'd turn it back into a statue. If it were intelligent and self-willed, he'd help it adjust.

Black Tiger would start by swearing. He'd usher the people away and then try Volt's route.

Futurian: laughs. Then: "Hey guy, would you like a shower? I can help you out there. I don't blame you, I'd do it too. Lower the rifle, will you? People are getting skittish." Once the immediate danger passed, he' go about his business, and not concern himself about the statue's fate.

she'd simpy follow and observe until it does something unusual.

So coming to life just to get revenge on a flock of birds isn't unusual...

Mechano would find the scene ironic, but would try to talk the statue into trying non-violent negotiations instead of killing.

Poltregist would just laugh and watch, invisibly, unless things escalated.

So coming to life just to get revenge on a flock of birds isn't unusual...
More in the way of killing people, asking people "are you the gate keeper?", collecting hub caps for use as frisbee weapons, etc. If he just chases pigeons he's not all that big a threat.

Guest Major Tom

Powerstar: Would try (probably unsuccessfully) not to laugh, before

looking around to see if his former teammate Providence (the Angel of Luck)

has shown up and decided to exercise a peculiar sense of humor at the

pigeons' expense.

Major Tom :king:

Mole would try not to laugh his #@$# off, then approach and try to say "hiya. You want me to get some water or something so we can get you cleaned off. Then maybe you'll feel like talking.err, if you can talk? And if you can't...maybe I can teach you sign? I don't know much, but it's a start. Or writing, can you write?"

Doc Steel, an Iron-man rip-off would just nod, knowingly, salute the statue to show his respect for the great work he's doing (while flying past on his patrol) and fly off, muttering 'Frelling pigeons.' (He was stuck immobile by a spell a short while ago overnight, while he was in his armour. Since the birds took him to be a new statue, well, lets just say he's been the one chasing after anti-pigeon-y wrath before now.

Sir Johnstone orchestrated the whole thing to stop pigeons from dirtying up his employer's statue. Who do you think has to get the dang thing clean all the frelling time? The butler, that's who. Plus, this new animated statue is a perfect guard for the front gate, because noone even pays attention to him. Because it's 'just' a statue.

Alicia Keen: (my only currently active character) Would check to see if the statue was really alive and sapient. If not, she would try to dispel whatever magic was animating it. If so, she would offer it a deal, "Tell you what, I could use a man of your obvious stature. If you agree to behave in a socially acceptable manner, I'll get a mason to chip you off that plinth. If you come to work for me, I'll build you your own pigeon practice range."

White Knite would encase the guy in a force bubble and try empathy and comm. to see if its a person, spell, sfx, etc.

Sandor the Mystic would hope it was sentient, try to buy it as a follower, set it up as the new super-hero. If was really a nuisance or evil, he could melt it down real quick.

Cosmo-Knite is a lawyer, so he would quell it if its just sfx, but he would really try to get the guy citizenship and sponsor him if he were sentient. Helping this musketeer out would be a geat way to get his name on Drudge Report again....