Spreading Good WIll

Adventus

Re: Spreading Good WIll

A Cosmic Entity has come to Earth and selected you(and your team) to spread goodwill across the globe. He says if the mood of the earth does not change it will be destroyed.

WWYCD?

Heck, changing attitues was the whole point of the game I'm currently in. It seems that every victory we have is overcome by a GM fiat setback. I'm about ready to walk. And now it seems that the world really is in danger of being destroyed because we never are allowed to succeed.

Anyone GM's running a game in St. Louis? Preferably not Iron Age?

I've just started a new campaign (hasn't started yet, but we've done 'describing the characters we'll be making') and my character is perfect for this. Aside from being immortal and indestructible (He's one of the incarnations of life, looks like a male Poison Ivy. Whenever he gets killed, another body is formed out of nearby plant-life.), he has no actual powers. He does, however, have enough charisma, comeliness and social skill to persuade bad guys to turn over a new leaf. He's supposedly doing it to stop the loss of life that having a lot of bad guys causes, but he empathises with the people he talks to as well. So presumably he would just keep doing what he does, with a little more 'convincing the public that this is a good thing'. Of course, he does occasionally talk his target into something else like, rather than convincing Harley to become a superhero, he'd just try convincing her to dump Mr. J and hook up with Ivy.

(He's one of the incarnations of life' date=' looks like a male Poison Ivy. Whenever he gets killed, another body is [i']formed out of nearby plant-life[/i].), he has no actual powers. He does, however, have enough charisma, comeliness and social skill to persuade bad guys to turn over a new leaf.

:D New Leaf! I get it! :ugly:

I also thought I'd have this whole 'It's not easy being green' theme going, where I have my character put up motivational posters and things of his role models, She-Hulk, Kermit, various kinds of Orcs & Orks, Hulk, Skrulls, Plant-man, Poison Ivy, Beast boy, and so on. Plus he'd paint his room in the team base light green with dark green curtains/furniture/carpet.

Read past first paragraph for the kicker.

Well the character I am working on right now, a multi-billionaire, respected by the world for creating jobs around the world, eliminating poverty in his home city, buying companies that own sweatshops just to give the workers decent pay, and funding development for the tools that brought tyrants to justice. He has spread goodwill across the globe. Where his face and name is, everyone follows. And with his Harvard degree in hand, and a nice seat in the Senate, there is talk of a very successful run for President of the US.

Problem is: He is the leader of the more powerful gang in the world. Each sweatshop, each technology investment, each third world country made more powerful, each work in bringing in money for him, adding to his resources. All of it being used for secret underground projects to raise his army, to make himself more than a man, to become a god so he can bring the world under his rule.

World domination through a process of good will, conspiracy, business loop holes, and the most advanced technology in the world to bring down those who would stand in his way. To be worshiped, to own the world, to be immortal.

So what would he do? Spread as much goodwill as he can. How could he let some mystical force destroy his favorite toy.

If you can just find a way to convince every country that their team won the World Cup' date=' and every American city that their team won the Superbowl, the entity would be on his way to his next target.[/quote']

Ooh, massive mental illusion, "your team won"! I like that.

Zero, world-class mentalist, would be putting in some very busy days down at the UN....

Vitus would shrug "Suits me" and leave. Or else put into play some of his more extreme plans. He'd be happy, and everybody else would be dead. Thus raising the average level of goodwill in the world to a maximum.

A Cosmic Entity has come to Earth and selected you(and your team) to spread goodwill across the globe. He says if the mood of the earth does not change it will be destroyed.

WWYCD?

Rally the population of earth to join together to attack and destroy the cosmic entity, thus both changing the mood and defeating the threat. The stick is that if they don't all join with a common purpose and work together they will be destroyed, and the carrot is that if they do defeat the cosmic entity, after a really decent party, they can get back to sticking it to each other.

Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

What?

Rally the population of earth to join together to attack and destroy the cosmic entity, thus both changing the mood and defeating the threat. The stick is that if they don't all join with a common purpose and work together they will be destroyed, and the carrot is that if they do defeat the cosmic entity, after a really decent party, they can get back to sticking it to each other.

Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

What?

Darn it, I still can't reputize you.

Lucius Alexander

Peace on earth, good will towards palindromedaries

• 2 weeks later...

Vigil would tell him to go find an entertainer. "I fight injustice. I can bring a thug to justice, prevent a murder, or bring evidene of government corruption to light. It's not fair to expect me to make people happy too. THAT'S NOT MY JOB!

"If I could make people happy, I'd start with myself."

Raoul deBasouville, on the other hand would just say "Sure," thow a bunch of epic parties, and all the food and drink would be laced with euphorics. At the height of the celebrations, he'd turn to the entity and say, "'s 'at good 'nuff?" (since he'd be thoroughly smashed too...)

+5 PRE, Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (8388608" Radius; +6 3/4) (44 Active Points)

That should cover the planet, and pretty much everyone will have their PRE increased. The sfx of the PRE they gain is: the increased self confidence that comes from feeling at one with the world and all its inhabitants.

Alternatively, and much cheaper:

Mind Control 1 point (Bacteria class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Area Of Effect (8388608" Radius; +6 3/4) (16 Active Points); Set Effect (Feel goodwill; -1/2)

You'll note that it only affects bacteria, which probably don't mind feeling goodwill anyway, but there's a lot more of them than us, and a lot more biomass.

Then there is the one where you summon loads of Matt Damon in his 12th film role, liquidise him and then smear the resultant goo over the entire planet.

What?

I would guess the thread origninator didn't want to restioct things to just Champions characters...

Nope. Just posted into the wrong forum. It should be iin the Champions forum.

Also, did the entity say IT was going to destroy the earth? NO! It just said the earth would be destroyed but did not say how.... or who......