Is there a Janes Ships of the Terran Empire?

Sir Ofeelya

Re: Is there a Janes Ships of the Terran Empire?

I have the new High Guard along with the New Traveller by Mongoose

there are plenty of options that out do the old traveller

I believe there are ship for the Terran Empire in the Ultiamte Vehicle book

I got the new Traveller just for building ships

I'm using as a guide for how much space is needed buy various systems

then converting the ships to Hero System

Thanks - I was thinking of getting both those products at some stage.

GUPRS Traveller had a fan produced pdf book called 101 Starships which was totally awesome. I was kind of hoping someone had done something similar for Star Hero, for those of us who are terminally time-strapped.

Can I assume that you have access to Hero Games's Terran Empire sourcebook, and would like more starships than are included with that book? In that case, from published Fifth Edition books your best bet would be the Spacers Toolkit, which contains a large number of fully-statted and illustrated starships with backgrounds for the Terran Empire setting, both Terran and alien, of different sizes, styles and functions.

You might also check this excellent HERO sci-fi fan website, Star HERO Fandom.com. The section converting Babylon Five in particular has several starships.

There are also a number of starship conversions from various sources posted here on the Star HERO forum.

Thanks guys to all your comments and suggestions. What I have been doing is taking ships from the FGU Space Opera setting and converting them. I figure that what they "do" is more important than nuts and bolts. Once I got past that designing ships seems a little easier in Hero.

Thanks guys to all your comments and suggestions. What I have been doing is taking ships from the FGU Space Opera setting and converting them. I figure that what they "do" is more important than nuts and bolts. Once I got past that designing ships seems a little easier in Hero.

ok, what books are you working from, I have all 3 Seldons compendiums here, and have tinkered with doing some conversions over the years, be happy to compare notes.

was also looking at tinkering with some stuff from Silent Death someday

but thats a definite someday project.

Just about finished the Denoba-class Spice Runner. In Space Opera, ships can move pretty fast. This one clocks along at 45Ly per day max speed. That is something like 16,000Ly/Yr. I was wondering what limitations to put on the engines to keep speed down to a cruising speed of 75% of Max Speed without using considerably more fuel (END).

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering what limitations to put on the engines to keep speed down to a cruising speed of 75% of Max Speed without using considerably more fuel (END).

The canonical way is to buy the last level of FTL Travel with Increased Endurance Cost. You might also use Ablative to reflect the increased strain of sustained operation at full power.