Adventures Into Darkness Arrives Jan. 12!

Darren Watts

What's that, you say? Well, Ken Hite and Hal Mangold say it best...

http://atomicovermind.com/blog/?page_id=350

That's right- a complete Hero Golden Age/Lovecraftian Horror setting book, created by Ken Hite and adapted to Hero by Darren Watts. Available as a PDF in our very own store starting next Monday. Unsubstantiated rumors persist we may have some print-on-demand hardcopies in time for Dundracon as well.

Trust me, gang, this book is a hoot and a half. If you're at all a fan of either Golden Age comics or H.P. Lovecraft, do not miss it. dw

Re: Adventures Into Darkness Arrives Jan. 12!

What's that, you say? Well, Ken Hite and Hal Mangold say it best...

http://atomicovermind.com/blog/?page_id=350

That's right- a complete Hero Golden Age/Lovecraftian Horror setting book, created by Ken Hite and adapted to Hero by Darren Watts. Available as a PDF in our very own store starting next Monday. Unsubstantiated rumors persist we may have some print-on-demand hardcopies in time for Dundracon as well.

Trust me, gang, this book is a hoot and a half. If you're at all a fan of either Golden Age comics or H.P. Lovecraft, do not miss it. dw

OMGOMGOMG WANTWANTWANT!!!

Could you, perhaps, maintain posession of at least one hard copy should I not arrive at DunDraCon terribly early Friday night?

Much appreciated!

OMGOMGOMG WANTWANTWANT!!!

Could you, perhaps, maintain posession of at least one hard copy should I not arrive at DunDraCon terribly early Friday night?

Much appreciated!

Heh. Well, assuming they're there at all (offer not guaranteed, but we're trying real hard), the dealer room doesn't open until Saturday morning, so you should be fine. dw

I noticed that this book was not mentioned in Steve Long's weekly update on the home page today. This has usually been the case when third-party and licensed HERO products come on sale. IMHO the company is missing out on potential sales from people who visit the home page to check announcements, but don't always trawl the discussion forums.

I can respect if Steve prefers to confine his updates to in-house business; but Adventures Into Darkness is a new HERO System product and is now in the store, and a sale is a sale. ;)

I noticed that this book was not mentioned in Steve Long's weekly update on the home page today. This has usually been the case when third-party and licensed HERO products come on sale. IMHO the company is missing out on potential sales from people who visit the home page to check announcements, but don't always trawl the discussion forums.

I can respect if Steve prefers to confine his updates to in-house business; but Adventures Into Darkness is a new HERO System product and is now in the store, and a sale is a sale. ;)

Fair cop. Steve usually writes about whatever he's thinking about and working on, and this is a rare product that Steve had absolutely nothing to do with, so it slipped his mind to even mention it. I should have poked him about it myself, and will try to remember to do so this week. dw

Say' date=' aren't most or all of the Nedor Comics heroes in Public Domain?[/quote']

Yes, although there are some interesting issues surrounding The Terror in particular. Ken talks about this in his "Afterword for Perplexed Readers" in the book, where he reveals the real historical details that he's been mucking with. dw