Villains who are Homages to Heroes

Cardinal

I was going through the Viper book the other day and was reminded how Scott Bennie* had created many of the villains with powersets, etc. so that they were homages to heroes from the comic books. IDHMBIFOM, but here are the ones I remembered off the top of my head:

Villain (Source Hero)

Oculon (Cyclops)

Viperia (Supergirl)

Freon (Iceman)

Are there any others I missed?

Also, has anyone done something similar in a campaign and how did it come out (whether it be using a comic hero as the basis for a villain, or comic villain for the basis for a comic villain)?

* While I know that Scott wrote Viper with Steve Long, my memory was that he was also involved in the creation of many of the long standing Viper characters from earlier generations. If I blew my KS: Hero Games History roll, I apologize. I would love to hear the real story.

Re: Villains who are Homages to Heroes

Both Brick and Diamond are Thing homages. Brick was from way back in 2nd Edition, while Diamond is a 5th Edition character from the CU's FF homage team.

Professor Muerte's flunky Giganto was yet another one. Technically he's still around in the current CU.

Re: Villains who are Homages to Heroes

I used to think Grond was the Hulk tribute but here lately I see Grond more as an Abomination and Ripper as the Hulk.

Actually, I don't think we have too many "smarter" ugly bricks floating around. Odd.

Yeah ... the Abomination was a spy; as far as I know, he never went stupid. I need to run an adventure where Ogre or Grond become geniuses.