WW2 Guns and Vehicles

Ryhope Wood

Hi all

I am after stats for common German and Russian guns and vehicles for a horror one-shot I am writing. I have searched other threads but the only recommended sources are:

(1) Golden Age Champions (Gold Rush Games) - OOP

(2) Hero Plus supplements e.g. Unknown Eagles pdf - OOP beyond torrent

(3) Convert from GURPS WW2

Now I have (3), lots of them in fact, but would appreciate some pointers on converting equipment vehicles from Gurps 3E (4E if you include High Tech) to Hero 5E.

Do you think Hero Games would consider re-releasing some of the OOP material such as (1) and (2) as pdf only?

Thanks

Ian

Re: WW2 Guns and Vehicles

The Hero System Vehicle Source Book has the stats for:

M3 "General Lee" Medium Tank

M4A2 "Sherman" Medium Tank

Panzerkampfwagen V Panther

Willys Jeep

Douglas DC-3

Bell P-39N Airacobra

Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

Consolidated B-24H/J Liberator

Lockheed P-38L Lightning

Messerschmitt BF 109G-6

North American P-51D Mustang

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IA

Iowa-class Battleship

Type VIIA U-Boat

Also check out this link to the vehicle write-ups on Susano's website. Surbrook's Stuff Vehicle Adaptations.

There have also been various WWII vehicles posted to these forums. For example here is a write-up for an M3 Halftrack.

Pulp Hero has a pretty extensive collections of weapons (most of the WWII rifles, pistols, submachine guns, machine gus, etc.).

Thirded for Susano's website. Many WWII vehicles are fully statted there.

In addition, I recommend the following website for stats for other vehicles, and for many types of firearms, in use during the Pulp era up to and including WWII: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/6532/

This webpage includes notes for converting weapon stats from GURPS 3E to HERO 5E, as well as full conversions of weapons from GURPS Ultratech (3E version): http://www.geocities.com/ac_jackson/hero/ultrahero.html

I second Edels recommendation of Surbrooks Stuff for finding stuff' date=' if you need something really specific or funky, I will see what I can do.[/quote']

Oh yeah, there's all of those HD files you sent me that I managed to forget about. I need to get back to them.

there are 2 versions of GAC

first was by Firebird games and was for 3ed champions

and Hero did an updated version for 4th

I have both

the vehicles section in both lack any russian vehicles(though through lend lease there was a lot of american equipment given to the russians)

Hi all

I am after stats for common German and Russian guns and vehicles for a horror one-shot I am writing. I have searched other threads but the only recommended sources are:

(1) Golden Age Champions (Gold Rush Games) - OOP

(2) Hero Plus supplements e.g. Unknown Eagles pdf - OOP beyond torrent

(3) Convert from GURPS WW2

Now I have (3), lots of them in fact, but would appreciate some pointers on converting equipment vehicles from Gurps 3E (4E if you include High Tech) to Hero 5E.

Do you think Hero Games would consider re-releasing some of the OOP material such as (1) and (2) as pdf only?

Thanks

Ian

Actually Susano does have 3 ww2 soviet tanks on his vehicles site

T-34/76

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/ww2/ussr/t_34_76_tank.HTML

T-60 Light Tank [includes the experimental glider variant]

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/ww2/ussr/russian_t60_light_tank.HTML

T-27 Light Tank

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/ww2/ussr/russian_t27_light_tank.HTML

I kept meaning to get around to some of the heavies like the T-35 and the JS and IS and KV series, but never got to them

here is a link to XML files that where done for the Combat Mission computer games

the links are near the bothom

CM:Beyond Overlord covers the western front from D-Day to the end of the war

CM:Barbarossa to Berlin covers the invasion of Russia to the fall of Berlin from the eastern front

CM:Afrika Korp covers north africa,Italy,Greece,Crete

the armor values are in mm,plus spaced armor if any and slope of the main armor in degrees

gun values are by Gun/ type of shot/muzzle velocity(the higher it is in this game the more accurate+optics and other factors)/Blast factor/penatration at 100m/500m/1000m/2000m and angel of attack 0deg/30deg/60deg

these games are the best WW2 tank & infantry sims I have seen

the values given on the excel sheet are averages for those ranges

under the hood the game computes to the meter for range,wind,weather,shot type ,and angel of attack to the degree

I hope these list help you with what ever vehicles you want to do

main armor+spaced armor/slope

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/

here is a link to XML files that where done for the Combat Mission computer games

the links are near the bothom

CM:Beyond Overlord covers the western front from D-Day to the end of the war

CM:Barbarossa to Berlin covers the invasion of Russia to the fall of Berlin from the eastern front

CM:Afrika Korp covers north africa,Italy,Greece,Crete

the armor values are in mm,plus spaced armor if any and slope of the main armor in degrees

gun values are by Gun/ type of shot/muzzle velocity(the higher it is in this game the more accurate+optics and other factors)/Blast factor/penatration at 100m/500m/1000m/2000m and angel of attack 0deg/30deg/60deg

these games are the best WW2 tank & infantry sims I have seen

the values given on the excel sheet are averages for those ranges

under the hood the game computes to the meter for range,wind,weather,shot type ,and angel of attack to the degree

I hope these list help you with what ever vehicles you want to do

main armor+spaced armor/slope

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/

These games rule, by the way. Perfect fog of war, highly realistic morale rules, unsurpassed armor penetration rules.

What a great feeling to sneak a Sherman up close enough to a Tiger to take it out. And the first game I ever beat the computer, I was sure I was losing...it was only after the game was over and I could see every unit on the battlefield that I realized that every single enemy unit left was beat all to hell and back, and my small handful of remaining combat-effectives were a decisive factor by then.

Great games...can't beat them.