Three Villains, one picture, no ideas.. One Contest...

penemue

Hey all, I posted this image in my Campaign thread, but I thought it had a sort of life all its own. I drew a daily drawing of these three villains together. I designed them almost 20 years ago, but never did anything with them.

The Challenge:

What origins, names, powers, writeups would you give the characters?

They can be a team, individual heroes, etc.

Point range should be between 300-400 points (my campaign is 250 points starting).

AND... just to prove I'm appreciative, I'll award the best three writeups with personalized drawings of your favourite characters doing whatever it is they do. So? Contest closes February 18th. That's three weeks.

Villainy.jpg

Re: Three Villians, one picture, no ideas.. One Contest...

The man in white at the Top:

Professor Prometheus

A man who grew up son of the Volcano man, an evil mad scientist from the Pulp Era sort of set young Thomas into the role he knew he would have to play. But unlike his father he was very crafty. He knew elaborate schemes didn't work as well as it did back in the 1930s. So he became known throughout the criminal underworld as the mass supplier of solar energy powered weapons, rivalling Waylord Talos.

But he had a plan. With his resources he had a huge orginisation, and recruited two super villains as his lieutenents for his biggest plot ever. To destroy the Earth with the power of the sun itself, leaving the remenants of humanity as his servants.

A intelligent inventor, he has many devices with which to equip his limited amount of agents, he is still very fond of death traps. Every base he builds can become a death trap or a bomb at will. It has led him to have huge debts at times, but his vast assortment of weaponry has helped him stay in the black by the end, for now.

The man in black

Reverend Lucifer

He couldn't believe it. As he sat in his hospital bed, he couldn't believe the fate God had given him. He had died for two minutes, but when he was there he saw no pearly gates. He saw only the vast flames of hell. God had forsaken him, him the holiest of men, a devoted priest. There was only one thing to do. He had to abandon all his teachings. It didn't matter anymore, there was no heaven for anyone, he could do what he liked.

And since he knew the true nature of the soul, he could control hell fire, by feeding it with those who are as damned as he (which is everyone in his mind).

He was found by the professor, and after seeing his plan to cover the world with the sun's light, he only had one thing to say. "Let's spread the good word."

The demon guy

The Devil's Skin

Ralph Lane didn't know what was happening to him, but as he lay strapped to the floor, he was still bruised from his father. "Your a devil, be clensed." His father was a priest, and who found his son's appearence horrific. He hurt the boy, and shut him up for most of his life.

As the words of his father were burned into him, he realised his father must be right. He couldn't be good. He was evil. Let him be evil. Finally, when he was 17, he heard gunshots from above. Then a strange man came down. He said blasphemous things. How he wasn't a monster, how he was just a poorly treated boy.

That wasn't true. He was a devil. Thus he must act. He grabbed the man's head once he was let go, and then twisted it till it came off. "I must do it for I am evil." He showed this truth to the other men on the floor above him, as well as to the woman who kept calling herself 'mother'.

Prometheus found the boy causing havok in the state of Kansas, and offered to let him bring the appocalypse on earth. "If that's what a devil would do, I will do it."

The Devil's Skin was born with inverted skin, with his muscles and tendons showing on the outside. His father thought he was a monster and locked him away, beating him every day, leaving huge marks on his painful skin. But he was a mutant, and had incredible endurance, strength and healing. He wears a mask now under Prometheus, and lives to serve his purpose as a 'devil'. He has actually no connection to magic. He's just had a very bad 17 years.

He is a SINGLE villain.

His name is "The Evolutionite!"

In his old man form, he is incredibly intelligent, but physically weak.

In his young black man form (The base form), he is fairly smart and capable of using the old man's devices, but doesn't understand a whole lot of science himself.

In the monster form (When he's wounded or badly injured), he transforms into a monstrous powerhouse of crushing physical power.

Oooooo... I like the name Devil's Skin. However I might take that a different direction.

In the pic above he looks anguished...

Perhaps he was a misguided youth or young adult who innocently dabbled in satanic ritual (perhaps a girl was involved) only to find himself in a position beyond his control...

Told by the leader of his trendy black-clad cabal that the old, leathery mask and roughly sewn together body suit was simply a costume for the upcoming ritual, he donned the macabre outfit, eager to please his peers and impress his crush. Little did he know that the suit itself was the actual skin of Satan; bequeathed to his followers as a symbol of his demonic love. Upon donning the Satan's Skin suit (think a grim, whole-body version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre) he was possessed by the Devil himself! Forced by compulsions from below sanity he slaughtered everyone in attendance, all the while fixed to the sight of his own butchery, unable to pull away from the unholy horror he committed.

He awoke the next morning three cities to the north, naked and shuddering against the brisk early morning breeze. For a moment he was confused, but calm. Until the nightmarish flood of the gruesome reality of his actions shook him to his core... But how did he get here? Where were his clothes and that horrible skin suit? Where was all the blood...

Clothes stolen off a drying line allowed him to roam the downtown streets of the sleepy northern town. There an early newscast, silently visible through the picture window of a recently opened diner, confirmed his atrocities of the previous night. He watched dumbstruck as pictures of reporters fresh on the scene of his slaughter reported to the world his grisly handiwork.

To this day he remains enshrouded in the skin, unable to remove the horrible aberration. It often appears when he is happy or content, bent of the destruction of his psyche and, perhaps... more.

Cue old TV Hulk music as he walks off down a dusty road to nowhere........

Sorry, I couldn't stop. :)

Guest Major Tom

He is a SINGLE villain.

His name is "The Evolutionite!"

In his old man form, he is incredibly intelligent, but physically weak.

In his young black man form (The base form), he is fairly smart and capable of using the old man's devices, but doesn't understand a whole lot of science himself.

In the monster form (When he's wounded or badly injured), he transforms into a monstrous powerhouse of crushing physical power.

I would've gone with something like Dark Trinity myself, given the theme of this post, and combining it with the Reverend Lucifer and Devil's Skin IDs

from CoreBrute's post (you'd have to change Professor Prometheus' name

to something slightly more infernal, though).

Major Tom :eg:

DEMON

Morbane: Tanner Ban

Recruiter: Lazrus Jones

Vessel: John Scott / Astir

The Morbane has come up with a plan to wipe out XXX in Hudson City. With the aid of one of DEMONs best recruiters they have scoured the streets rounding up volunteers and those who might be compatible to harbor a demons soul. They have half a dozen such vessels now and wait only for the heroes to show up providing themselves as vessels for even more power demon servitors.

Villain One

Phantom

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

13 CON 6 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

6 COM -2 10-

4 PD 1 Total: 4 PD (0 rPD)

4 ED 1 Total: 4 ED (0 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

26 STUN 1 Total Characteristic Cost: 70

Movement: Running: 5"/10"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 1"/2"

Swinging: 3"/24"

Teleportation: 7"/14"

Cost Powers END

57 No such person.: Mind Control 6d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Telepathic (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Cumulative (144 points; +1), Continuous (+1) (187 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Set Effects: Only commands like "Ignore me" "Forget me" "Destroy evidence of my existence" etc. (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4), Mandatory Effect EGO +10 (-1/4)

7 Mental Defense (10 points total)

25 Luck (Usually takes the form of people looking the other way, detectives losing evidence or overlooking clues, etc.) 5d6

14 I wasn't there: +5 with DCV (25 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Limited Power Not Vs. mindless things like automata (-1/4) 2

3 The subtle effects of his power have long range.: Anonymity

12 You don't really want to hurt me.....: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

21 Danger Sense (self only, any danger, Discriminatory (Specifically to tell if it's an Area Effect Attack), Function as a Sense) (32 Active Points); Limited Power Psionic: only for intentional dangers posed by people with thinking minds (-1/2) 13-

11 I'm not there: Teleportation 7", Position Shift, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Half Phase Action to reset, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; Danger Sense detects an Area Effect Attack; +1/4) (24 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 2

Notes: He was never really where you thought he was....

10 I knew that was coming: Defense Maneuver I-IV

7 +2 with interaction skills (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Power Not effective against characters with 10 or higher Mental Defense (-1/4) 1

2 Swinging 3", x8 Noncombat (13 Active Points); Requires A Climbing Skill Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests & Situational Modifiers, Must make roll again for every arc; -1 1/4), OAF (-1), Limited Power Must stop after each arc to detach grapnel, and cast it again (-1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, One phase to throw grapple and check it's secure, one phase to swing.; -3/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 1

Perks

3 False Identity ((several))

3 Contact: Major Mentalist or Occult Villain (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Contact is blackmailing the character) 11-

1 Money: Well Off (Being rich is less useful than you think, if no one remembers who you are.)

2 Bases (Hide outs, bolt holes, and safe houses)

Skills

International Jewel Thief

3 1) Climbing 13-

3 2) Stealth 13-

3 3) Concealment 13-

3 4) Shadowing 13-

3 5) Breakfall 13-

3 6) Acrobatics 13-

3 7) Lockpicking 13-

3 8) Sleight Of Hand 13-

3 9) Security Systems 13-

3 10) Electronics 13-

3 11) Acting 13-

3 12) Disguise 13-

2 13) Computer Programming (Security Systems) 13-

3 14) Streetwise 13-

3 15) Contortionist 13-

3 16) High Society 13-

2 17) Forgery (Documents) 13-

3 18) Seduction 13-

3 19) Trading 13-

3 20) Combat Driving 13-

3 PS: Appraise Jewelry 13-

0 PS: International Jewel Thief (everyman profession) 13-

3 Linguist

0 1) Native: Language: English (imitate dialects)

2 2) Language: French (idiomatic)

2 3) Language: German (idiomatic)

2 4) Language: Italian (idiomatic)

0 5) Language: Yiddish (fluent conversation)

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Germany (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Great Britain (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) AK: New England (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) AK: Western Europe (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) CuK: European cultures (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 256

Total Cost: 326

200+ Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

5 Age: 40+

15 Hunted: Major Mentalist or Occult Villain 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Social Limitation: Person without a past - no one knows him, no documentation except forgeries, etc. (Occasionally, Major)

5 Hunted (somewhat ineffectively): Law Enforcement agencies who don't know who they're really looking for. But sometimes a dogged investigator comes too close for comfort.... 8- (As Pow, Character is very hard to find., Capture)

10 Psychological Limitation: Loner (Common, Moderate)

5 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret: Is actually an international jewel thief (Occasionally, Major, Not Limiting Among Criminals)

10 Psychological Limitation: Resents the villain who is blackmailing him. (Common, Moderate)

46 Experience Points

(4 points unspent)

Total Disadvantage Points: 326

Background/History: Anton Sophiony had always been a very successful criminal, eventually specializing in stealing that most concentrated and portable form of wealth, gems and jewelry. He knew he was good, and he knew he was lucky. But in other ways, unlucky. Partners might stick around for one job, but eventually drifted off. He faded into the crowd, easily overlooked - useful for getaways, but annoying when trying to get service in a restaurant or store. And he had a good reason not to trust banks - he's lost track of how much money he's lost because when he returned, they had no record of his account and tellers denied ever seeing him before. He now keeps money in safe deposit boxes - show up with the key and you can usually get to your money. It was when he finally decided to retire that life got really strange....what do you do when you buy a house and then next week the real estate agent is showing it to someone else and doesn't remember that you bought it already?

Then things got worse. An arrogant egoist with the power to back up his pretensions shows up to tell him what he already knew but did not want to admit - his success was largely due to his own unconscious psychic powers. He couldn't read minds, exactly, nor make someone do what he wanted, but his awareness and influence on the psychic plane was pervasive - and only someone with a powerful or well defended mind could resist the compulsion to deny his existence. Just his luck that the one person who does not find him totally forgettable, is a cunning villain who carefully assembled all the evidence needed to prove that Anton Sophiony, the man nobody knows, is really the mysterious Phantom, the thief no one ever saw, let alone caught....and now the "invisible jewel thief" becomes the invisible pawn in a game not of his choosing.....

Quote: I was never here. I was never anywhere. I am nowhere now.

Campaign Use: Pawn of a master villain

Appearance: Who knows. I certainly don't remember what he looks like.

Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Villain Two

Pandemonium, AKA Bedlam, AKA Scaredevil

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10/40 STR 0 11- / 17- Lift 100.0kg/6400.0kg; 2d6/8d6 [1]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

13 CON 6 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

5/25 INT -5 10- / 14- PER Roll 10-/14-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

4 COM -3 10-

4/14 PD 2 Total: 4/14 PD (0/10 rPD)

4/14 ED 1 Total: 4/14 ED (0/10 rED)

4/6 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

8/18 REC 6

26 END 0

22 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 50

Leaping: 1"/2"

Cost Powers END

40 Psychoactive Pheremones: Elemental Control, 80-point powers

Notes: The common defense for the NND powers would be things like; holding one's breath, self contained breathing, totally non-human physiology, etc. Sometimes a person can be spared because of which way the wind is blowing. The Touch of Hell should be harder to defend against; force fields, powered armor, or anything else forming an effective chemical barrier would be necessary.

11 1) Hallucinations: Mental Illusions 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Explosion (-1 DC/3"; +1), Cumulative (72 points; +1), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1) (90 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Based on CON (-1), No Range (-1/2)

11 2) Compulsions: Mind Control 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Explosion (-1 DC/3"; +1), Cumulative (72 points; +1), No Normal Defense (+1), Continuous (+1) (90 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Based on CON (-1), No Range (-1/2)

11 3) Babbling: Telepathy 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Explosion (-1 DC/3"; +1), Cumulative (72 points; +1), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1) (90 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Based on CON (-1), No Range (-1/2)

23 4) Feeling no pain: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED/20 Mental Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Limited Power Does not stop first point of BOD damage from a Kiling Attack (-1/2), Limited Power Only half DEF is Resistant (-1/4)

21 5) Myself am Hell, and where I fly is Hell: Change Environment 8" radius, -2 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -2 to Sight Group PER Rolls, -1 to Smell/Taste Group PER Rolls, -1 to EGO Roll; to act other than according to Compulsions power, -2 INT Roll and all Skill Rolls based on INT, -2 OCV, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (130 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Pheremonal; will not work vs Self Contained Breathing, effected by environment (wind direction, etc.) (-1/2), Explosion (-1/4)

19 6) Blackouts: Sight, Hearing and Mental Groups, Spatial Awareness and Combat Sense Flash 0 1/2d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1), Range Modifiers Apply (-1/4), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1), Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (11" Radius; +1) (126 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Based on CON (-1), No Range (-1/2)

16 7) Hysterical Strength: (Total: 110 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) +30 STR, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (70 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Side Effects (Drain 2d6 STUN & END, Delayed Return: 1 Hr; -1 1/4), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Activation Roll 14-, Burnout (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 5) plus +10 REC (20 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Linked (Hysterical Strength; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) plus +2 SPD (20 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Linked (Hysterical Strength; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) 14

12 8) Touch of Hell: Drain 1d6, Sticky (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (12 points; +3/4), CON, PRE, EGO, INT simultaneously (+1), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (87 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Gradual Effect (5 Minutes; -3/4)

7 9) Soul Stealing (Addiction): Major Transform 1d6-1 (Person into person with addictive dependence on Pandemonium's powers + Psych Lims, Cold Turkey), Partial Transform (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Sticky (+1/2), Area Of Effect (7" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (80 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Activation Roll 8- (-2), No Range (-1/2)

25 10) Cunning Lucidity: (Total: 99 Active Cost, 45 Real Cost) +20 INT (20 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Lock Out Cannot manifest if any other pheremonal power has manifested in the last 10 minutes; after use, another such power cannot manifest for 5 minutes. (-1), Gradual Effect (5 Minutes; -3/4), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Find Weakness 11- with STR attacks (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Does Not Apply Against Living Things Affects Walls, Locks, Doors, Bars, etc. (-1), Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 5) plus Rapid ( x10) with Sight Group (5 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Acting 14- (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Contortionist 13- (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Deduction 10- (14-) (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Conversation 14- (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Security Systems 10- (14-) (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Lockpicking 13- (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Cramming (5 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2), Limited Power New knowledge forgotten as soon as another pheremonal power manifests (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Tactics 10- (14-) (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Interrogation 14- (3 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus +1 Overall (10 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2), Single Minded Only useful for tasks related to escaping confinement (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus +3 with Interaction Skills (15 Active Points); Linked (Ghastly Clarity; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) 2

20 Luck 4d6

3 Mind of Madness: Mental Defense (25 points total)

1 Restless Devil: Life Support (Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

Fight Like a Devil

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Charge +0 -2 4d6 / 10d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove

3 Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 20 STR / 50 STR for holding on

4 Escape +0 +0 25 STR / 55 STR vs. Grabs

Perks

35 "Coven": Followers

Notes: Pandemonium's powers are potentially addictive; there are usually a number of people nearby who have fallen under his influence to a greater or lesser extent, and who suffer from such delusions as thinking they have sold their souls to him, that his powers are divine in nature and they worship him as a "holy fool," that they are under a curse and their families will die if they don't help him when he needs it, etc.

Talents

1 Rapid Healing (5 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), Activation Roll 10-, Burnout (-1)

Skills

3 Climbing 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

7 Concealment 12- (16-)

3 Stealth 13-

3 Persuasion 14-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 286

Total Cost: 336

200+ Disadvantages

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect PRE attacks (Common)

15 Unluck: 3d6

20 Psychological Limitation: Delusions (thinks he's the Devil, or possesed by the Devil; sometimes other delusions) (Very Common, Strong)

15 Physical Limitation: Hallucinations (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Hunted: Assorted law enforcement agencies 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)

25 Enraged: Berserk More or less at random (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 8-

10 Psychological Limitation: Sudden Terrors (Uncommon, Strong)

Total Disadvantage Points: 336

Background/History: Everyone knew Tommy Bethlehem wasn't wrapped too tight, as they say. No one but his mother cared to be around him much. In retrospect though, maybe it would have been best if they'd been more neighborly, maybe checked on him in the weeks after his momma died. Maybe grief finally drove him off the deep end, or maybe it had been her influence all those years that kept him from finally going over the edge. When he walked into town wearing that ridiculous devil outfit he'd obviously sewed together himself, everyone knew with a sick dread that he had gone well and truly crazy. Several hours later everyone stared at the ruins with stunned disbelief, not wanting to acknowledge that, somehow, he had made everyone else go crazy too.

Personality/Motivation: Even in his moments of seeming clarity, Pandemonium is never free of the influence of the powerful drugs his body produces and exudes. When he has actually been captured, Cunning Lucidity is likely to come upon him once he's had a chance to calm down, and he can seem quite sane and reasonable during these periods; but all his efforts will be bent upon gaining his freedom. At other times he may be in the grip of rage, terror, or a delusion such as thinking that in order to avoid his own damnation he must "trick" other people out of their "souls."

Quote: I know how much you hate him. I want to see you destroy him. I can give you the power if you give me your soul. Or I can wait and take your soul anyway when you die, damned by your helpless smoldering hatred....

Powers/Tactics: Pandemonium is the victim of his own mutation, a metabolism that produces a wildly varying cocktail of drugs. Because he has at best a tenuous control of these powers, they are as likely to hinder him as to help him much of the time. His abilities are especially likely to flummox conventional mentalists who try to apprehend or control him before figuring out that his powers actually have a biochemical basis.

Campaign Use: Mad villain

Appearance: His true appearance is a pathetic clown wearing a clumsily stitched together devil costume. Most people who have encountered him, however, remember him as enhanced by the hallucinogenic cloud that surrounds him as a much more imposing and darkly diabolical figure.

Lucius Alexander

Villain Three

Reverend Chuck

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

11 STR 1 11- Lift 114.9kg; 2d6 [1]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

30 PRE 25 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

8 COM -1 11-

3 PD 1 Total: 3 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 0

24 END -1

24 STUN 1 Total Characteristic Cost: 62

Leaping: 1"/2"

Cost Powers END

10 Sidewalk Preaching: Summon 8 150-point Humans, Loyal (+1/2) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, Character May Take No Other Actions, -2 3/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; Usually much fewer and weaker than maximum possible; -1), Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2), Requires An Oratory Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points, RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. (crowd average) EGO Roll contests; -1/2), Limited Power Tasks must be reasonable - within broad definitions of "reasonable." (Organizing a march to protest an unpopular policy is easy. Organizing a lynch mob would be -4 to the Oratory roll at least. Getting even one person to take their clothes off and streak down the street is probably not possible.; -1/4) 7

7 Let's Clean up this Neighborhood: Change Environment 1" radius, -1 Stealth and Concealment (Better lit, fewer places to hide), Long-Lasting 1 Season, MegaScale (1" = Neighborhood, park, similar urban area; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Week, Only to Activate, -2 1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Week; -2), OIF (Not Accessible: Even if you steal their tools today, they'll be back at work tomorrow.) Expendable (Difficult to obtain new funding; Tools and funds; -3/4), No Range (-1/2), Requires Assistance Needs four full time volunteers, or equivalent man hours of part timers. (Assistants do not need to also have the power.; -1/4) 5

21 Give me a chance to change your mind. No, give yourself a chance to change your heart.: Major Transform 2d6 (Opinion (or psych lim) into different opinion (or psych lim)), Improved Results Group (Any opinion or attitude; +1/2), Partial Transform (+1/2), Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (105 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Persuasion Skill Roll And Another Appropriate Skill Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests (Exact skill is situational), No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/2), Limited Target (Must speak the language and at least be listening; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 10

Notes: To utilize this power requires a Persuasion roll and another roll as appropriate to circumstance - such as Oratory or Seduction, although something like a Knowledge skill could apply if the topic in question falls under the skill. It is usually resisted with an EGO roll although an INT or Deduction could be used to point out faulty logic or a Knowledge skill used to question the facts.

7 First Aid: Healing BODY 1d6 (10 Active Points); Requires A Paramedic Skill Roll (-1/2) 1

Jailhouse Rock

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 Takedown +1 +1 2d6 Strike; Target Falls

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Escape +0 +0 26 STR vs. Grabs

2 Weapon Element: Blades, Clubs

Perks

21 Membership of the Family Temple: Contact (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Contact is slavishly loyal to character), Organization Contact (x3) (21 Active Points) 11-

5 Contact: The Mayor (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources) 8-

1 Money: Well Off

5 The Family Temple: Bases

25 Inner Circle: 4 Followers 75+75 pts

30 Devoted Following: 32 Followers 25 + 50

Talents

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

2 Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only for putting names to faces (-1 1/2)

Skills

4 CK: I know this city inside out 14-

Preacher Man

3 1) PS: Preacher 15-

3 2) Oratory 15-

3 3) Bureaucratics 15-

3 4) Conversation 15-

3 5) High Society 15-

3 6) Persuasion 15-

3 7) Paramedics 13-

Sordid Past

4 1) PS: Car Thief 14-

3 2) PS: Pimp 15-

1 3) PS: Drug Dealer 8-

3 4) Seduction 15-

3 5) Streetwise 15-

3 6) Trading 15-

2 7) WF: Blades, Handguns

2 8) +1 with Handguns

3 9) Stealth 12-

3 10) Concealment 13-

3 11) Combat Driving 12-

3 12) Shadowing 13-

3 13) Lockpicking 12-

3 14) Mechanics 13-

3 15) Electronics 13-

4 16) Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games) 13-

2 17) +3 with Electronics; Limited Power Only for hotwiring cars (-1 1/2)

3 I don't forget stuff quickly. Scholar

1 1) KS: Makes and models of cars 11-

2 2) KS: Religions 13-

1 3) KS: Street Drugs 11-

2 4) KS: Who's Who among the city's powerful people. 13-

5 I'll learn what I need to know: Cramming

5 +1 with PRE based skills

3 +1 with Oratory, Persuasion, Seduction

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 254

Total Cost: 316

200+ Disadvantages

10 Social Limitation: Public ID (Occasionally, Major)

5 Hunted: The Press 8- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with control (Common, Strong)

5 Hunted: Friends and relatives of Family Temple members (trying to get them out, etc.) 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Mildly Punish)

30 Dependent NPC: Up to four at a time: Temple members or street people or just people in need that Reverend Chuck is helping to deal with problems ranging from poverty to addiction to abusive spouses 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)

10 Hunted: Certain Suspicious Police Officers 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Social Limitation: Ex Convict (Occasionally, Major)

5 Enraged: When "Betrayed" by someone he thought was under control (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

5 Distinctive Features: That street preacher look (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Total Disadvantage Points: 316

Background/History: Charles David Jones grew up in a troubled family in a poor and crime ridden neighborhood. From early childhood to young adulthood, he was always in and out of the legal system. But when he came out after being put away for nearly a decade, he was a changed man. Shunning his old friends and old ways, he started preaching on street corners - and people listened. Soon he had a following and a church of sorts, and even the ear of the mayor who has more than once appointed him to task forces to address various social issues. But nasty rumors still haunt Reverend Chuck. Some police officers say that there's as much vice as ever in neighborhoods the Reverend claims to have turned around, it's just more subtle, as if the old criminal anarchy had given way to a more organized approach. One reporter lost her job after alleging that one of the Family Temples held a stockpile of arms and ammunition. Even people who work with him trying to solve the city's problems call him a control freak. And a lot of people think there's something creepy about the way his "family" are so.....loyal. But he's done and continues to do a lot of good for this city. No one can deny that.

Personality/Motivation: Is Reverend Chuck the leader of a dangerous cult? Is he heading towards some violent climax of mass suicide or a hopeless last stand ending in death and destruction, the path so many so called spiritual leaders have gone before? Is he a clever con man taking over the criminal underworld by driving out the competition and taking it over? Or is he what he claims to be - an example of moral regeneration, a repentant ex sinner now reformed?

Quote: What I need to know is - can I trust you? When the chips are down, can I be sure I know what you'll do?

Campaign Use: Even I'm not sure - is this a hero or a villain? I guess the question is, which do you need him to be?

Appearance: The Reverend's shades, clerical collar, beads, and goatee make him an unmistakable figure wherever he goes.

Lucius Alexander

My inclination is to call them Body, Mind, and Soul.

Body (lower left) is the team brick. Let him loose on a hero, and the hero had better have good defenses or he'll soon look like a plate of strawberry Jell-O. He was nasty business even before he became a vampire, and even in that state he's more interested in tearing his targets limb from limb and then lapping up the spilled blood than in drinking it fresh from the artery. Only his two teammates, using their respective powers, have been able to consistently bring him out of his berserk rages.

Mind (top) is the team mentalist. He's not just powerful; he's also clever and sadistic. It's not enough that he can read your mind to find out your worst fear, and make you live it. His mental hallucinations can make you see the range for your grenade to get to him when it's actually the range for your grenade to get to your teammate. Or he can exacerbate intra-team conflicts by subtly altering the way certain remarks are worded. He's not only willing but eager to put innocent lives into the middle of battle.

Soul (lower right) is also a mentalist of sorts, but he messes with the choices you make. Primarily, though, he's a magician, and can summon up all sorts of demonic nasties to get between you and him. And if all else fails, he's a more-than-decent hand-to-hand fighter from his days in prison.

It'll take me a while to get write-ups.

The guy in the devil suit is a tough one to peg' date=' and ain't nobody going to beat Lucius on Reverend Chuck. But the guy up top, I think I have a line on him...[/quote']

I appreciate comments like saying I "raised the bar" but I will say that if anyone beats me, it will probably be one of you that see the three as a team.

I took them all in different directions because they just didn't "jell" for me as a team. But if someone can put them together as an organic whole, that will be terrific.

The best idea I could come up with was a single master villain pulling all their strings - explicit with the Phantom Thief, obviously possible with the Poor Devil, and possibly a nasty surprise with the Rev.

And about the Reverend...hm, maybe I'll just wait and see if anyone can see what my influences were. But they're probably really obvious.

Lucius Alexander

Trying a bacandforthtrian tagline for a change.

I'm trying so hard to avoid "coaching" to keep things fair.

I don't have HD unfortunately so if you could, please post them as pdf or regular text. Thanks. I want to make sure everyone is read fairly.

Some pretty exciting ideas on here.

I'm trying so hard to avoid "coaching" to keep things fair.

I don't have HD unfortunately so if you could, please post them as pdf or regular text. Thanks. I want to make sure everyone is read fairly.

Some pretty exciting ideas on here.

I will do... probably as PDF. (That would give me the opportunity to do a "group" write-up.)

Wow, lots of good ideas here. Here's what came to my mind.

God, the Devil, and Dr. Bob

Most people who meet Dr. Robert Zinn ("Please, call me Bob.") come away thinking of him as somewhat intense but otherwise friendly and dedicated psychiatrist. Of course, any psychiatrist will tell you sociopaths make the best liars. He was always good at convincing people to do what he wanted, and his psychological training only made him better. He had a good thing going for a while scamming rich neurotics, but all good things must come to a review board, and it took all of his skills and most of his money to keep his license and land a new job in a state hospital. If his new patients didn't have money, he could at least take kickbacks to test experimental drugs on them. And if two of them happened to have interesting reactions, well, now there was something he could really use. If his methods are no longer particularly subtle, it's just the nature of the tools he has to work with. Besides, who could blame a man in his situation for looking for a little catharsis?

Jeffrey Wade's delusions of godhood certainly weren't helped when he developed some serious telekinetic power. He finds Dr. Bob's prayers pleasing, and what he's being humbly petitioned can't be wrong, because them by definition he couldn't do it, right? His wardrobe consists of a wide selection of clerical outfits (After all, who is better entitled to wear them?) and the expression of one who can do no wrong.

Dennis Schafer, on the other hand, has been an extremely unhappy soul since the day he realized he was Satan. In fact, he hates the idea. Oh, he agrees with Dr. Bob that as the embodiment of all evil he should be out stealing and destroying, but he's miserable the whole time. It doesn't help that the destructive sonic blasts he generates become more destructive the more upset he becomes over the destruction he is causing. He made his Devil suit because he had to, not because he wanted to, and it shows.

Okay, no stats yet (been busy), but I did come up with some character concepts:

--

The man on top is Aleph Null, an intergalactic bounty hunter. From a distance, he looks like an old man, more than a little worse for wear, but up close you begin to see just how much of him has been replaced with cybernetic replacements or upgrades. His eyes glow a faint red, and you know, instinctively, that whatever he’s looking at is a target he’s locked onto.

He’s travelled to Earth without a specific plan - but knowing that plenty of fugitives find their way to the relative backwater, hoping to either blend in, or to start fresh as super powered heroes or villains. He keeps his eyes and ears open for word on anyone with powers, hoping that the target will wind up being one of many open bounties that he can take back with him to cash in. He’s looking for one last big score.

--

Below him, and to the right is the Reverend Alexander Dimanche, a powerful mage who draws his power from the faith - any of the faiths of the world - so long as it's focussed on him. Most recently, he has been spending his time in Vibora Bay, where he has amassed a small following of people who have been taken in by his enticing blend of Old World Catholicism and West African Voudoun.

The Reverend is building his growing criminal organization with a combination of mundane jobs, extortion, drug dealing and the like, with a sideline business in higher-profile crimes that demands his powerful magical abilities and his army of zombie soldiers.

--

Sharlene Krandall was never a pretty woman. Her canines were a bit too pronounced, her jaw a little to square, her hormones a little too... masculine.

Yet somehow she’d managed to secure a date to the office Halloween party, and had picked up a devil costume, complete with faux-leather tunic and skirt that showed off her thick, muscular and altogether unappealing legs in their red stockings. She showed up just as the party was getting lively, and the minute she arrived, it died.

Every eye followed her as she found the guy she’d bullied into inviting her to the party, standing at the punchbowl in his pirate costume, talking to a pretty blonde girl in bunny ears and a fuzzy tail. Her jealousy flared into an uncontrollable rage and something in her psyche snapped. She picked up the punch bowl, punch and all, and clubbed her erstwhile date over the head with it, killing him instantly. And then all hell broke loose.

She left that party and the apartment in which it was held, utterly destroyed and partially on fire. And that was merely the first day of her rampage. Since then, she spends most of her waking moments seeking out that which is beautiful or feminine and destroying it, utterly. When she’s not on a tearing rage, she finds places in the city to sleep - under bridges, in alleyways, and in abandoned buildings. During her brief moments of lucidity, she pesters local DJs and radio psychologists by calling and ranting obsessively about the moral bankruptcy of the people and their focus on fleeting beauty. She’s earned something of a cult status because of this, though no one has yet associated the Crazy Radio Lady with the monster that lays waste to florists, lingerie shops and Build-a-Bear’s across the city.

I've figured out how to tie the three together. But I need to give Reverend Chuck some special equipment.

Kramer's Beads: (Total: 95 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) +30 Mental Defense (33 points total) (30 Active Points); IAF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) plus Mental Awareness (5 Active Points); Linked (Imperviousness to diabolical trickery; -1/2), IAF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Suppress 6d6, EGO, PRE, Mental DEF, Resistance, simultaneously (+1) (60 Active Points); Window Of Opportunity (once per Week; window remains open for 1 Day; -1 3/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours which Recovers every 1 Week (-1/2) (Real Cost: 18)

According to legend, this rosary was presented by Innocent VIII to Heinrich Kramer. It's provenance before that time and much of its subsequent history is open to speculation. Supposedly it makes the wearer impervious to diabolical trickery while at the same time making them aware of demonic influences. By an act of will, but only on Sunday, the wearer can put the “fear of God” into any stubborn heretic.

The Reverend has found this bauble so useful he is never without it now, but few know of it's connection to the infamous inquisitor. And in the case of the Phantom, it took some time for him to figure out what was going on.

Anton Sophiony was not and had never been particularly religious, but in a lifetime of being a stranger he had learned that churches were often places where strangers were made welcome. The Reverend often made a point of meeting new visitors. What drew his attention to Anton was the shock in the man's face on their second meeting, on hearing the words “I'm so glad you decided to come back.” Reverend Chuck Jones was accustomed to people being impressed by his ability to remember names and faces – but not shocked. He was interested enough to have someone try to shadow the new guy – and at first angry when, a couple of hours later, he got a phone call that went “I'm sorry Reverend, I know you had a job for me and I agreed to it, but I just can't remember – what was it I'm supposed to be doing?”

A little questioning showed that no one remembered the mysterious man at all – and THAT explained why he'd be shocked to be recognized. Making the connection to the legendary “Phantom Jewel Thief” was a shrewd deduction.

The next time Anton came in, Reverend Chuck talked him into a private conversation – and soon had the whole story. Anton seemed both relieved and terrified to be talking to someone who would remember the conversation later. And he had a lot to talk about, based on his recent very strange experiences....

That he should turn up at the Family Temple was in character for him. But a devil worshipping cult – that was a new experience. It started with a girl who walked up to him with an indecent proposition. He'd been thinking more of a place to stay that night, but the woman was certainly a pleasant bonus; more than pleasant as she showed him one of the wildest times he'd ever had. She didn't remember him the next morning, of course, but she also didn't seem surprised to find a strange man in her bed.

“I never used to do things like this,” she said, “but my life has changed since I found our Dark Lord and Master.” Then came the intriguing invitation to a “Satanic orgy” that very night. Anton only knew that he wanted this woman again, as he'd never wanted anyone. He didn't know that his body was reacting to the addictive substances she had absorbed that were still oozing out of her skin.

He promptly forgot her after meeting His Satanic Majesty. The man known to the press as Pandemonium or Scaredevil was in a long fairly passive phase, hidden from the world at large, enjoying the protection of a wealthy patron who had set up a temple of sensual indulgence inside an otherwise unused warehouse. Those who knew the right passwords were admitted into the Presence, where their activities were usually dictated by Pandemonium's mood of the moment. If his sin of the evening was gluttony, everyone would feast like kings; if sloth, they would lie around, passing around a bottle or a joint, murmuring quietly, finding a supreme pleasure in mere idleness.

Confident in the protection afforded by Kramer's Beads, Reverend Chuck was determined to visit this self-professed outpost of the powers of Hell. He never got the chance. As more and more people were drawn in, an investigation was inevitable. Every officer participating in the eventual raid had to take sick leave thereafter, but “The notorious super-villain, Scaredevil” was confined to a secure mental ward.

The Reverend patiently allowed the psychiatrists to demonstrate their inability to restore reason to Pandemonium. Then he pulled some strings to get visitation rights, and proved that “Prayer, and patience, and faith in a Higher Power” could do what drugs and doctors could not – as Pandemonium fell under Reverend Chuck's influence, he became calmer and more reasonable than he had ever been known to be. What the Reverend did not realize was that he, in turn, was falling under the addictive power of Pandemonium....

And thus they are inseparable now that the Reverend has won his new convert's release, the former Pandemonium now calling himself Gadarene and often telling tales of his days tormented by demons, making the story so real that sometimes the listeners seem almost to see diabolical faces leering at them. More people still are drawn to the Family Temple by the Reverend's new reputation as an exorcist. And lurking in the background, never far from the Gadarene, who is never far from the Reverend, is some man few notice and none remember.....

Lucius Alexander