Ideas for powers for child heroes...

fbdaury

Hey, while at friend's house tonight for Easter, got the idea of making a comic for/about her and another friend's 4 kids(total), and even have names for the kids but not an ironclad idea of powers for them. Was hoping for some suggestions, so here's what I have so far:

Hyperball- 9 years old and I was thinking superspeed or something to go with the Hyperball name.

Kid Question- 8 year old with ADD who asks questions faster than I talk while cranked on coffee. Really not sure with this one- maybe Super Intelligence and gadgets?

Little Miss- 5 year old diva. Was thinking maybe growth and shrinking powers- then she could be Little Miss/Big Miss.

Baby X- The newborn, 9 days old now- was thinking he would just be a complication for the other kids for the first little while before he develops anything in the way of powers.

Any ideas or suggestions? Oh, and thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Ideas for powers for child heroes...

Kid Question- 8 year old with ADD who asks questions faster than I talk while cranked on coffee. Really not sure with this one- maybe Super Intelligence and gadgets?

why gadgets, exactly?

Make him really good at getting answers. In Hero terms, high Conversation (to ask the right questions in such a way that people answer without even thinking what they're saying) and Interrogation, Deduction, and research and investigation type skills. He asks questions like "Who did this dastardly deed and why?" and looks at the evidence and gets the information. Then Big Miss can go beat up the right bad guy.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks you should do whatever is most entertaining for the kids in question.

Hyperball - Uses a set of old Super Balls to attack people, usually knocking them out.

Kid Question - Uses Mind Control to make people reveal their secrets.

Little Miss - Shrinking is all I can think of so no help there.

Baby X - Develops telepathy so he can communicate with the other kids and telekinesis so he can move around and use things like everyone else.

why gadgets, exactly?

Make him really good at getting answers. In Hero terms, high Conversation (to ask the right questions in such a way that people answer without even thinking what they're saying) and Interrogation, Deduction, and research and investigation type skills. He asks questions like "Who did this dastardly deed and why?" and looks at the evidence and gets the information. Then Big Miss can go beat up the right bad guy.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks you should do whatever is most entertaining for the kids in question.

See, this was why I asked- I wasn't really sure about gadgets or anything but I liked the idea of super intelligence and maybe something else related to questions/answers.

Neat idea, kind of a child cross between Batman and a conman?

Hyperball - Uses a set of old Super Balls to attack people, usually knocking them out.

Kid Question - Uses Mind Control to make people reveal their secrets.

y, after

Little Miss - Shrinking is all I can think of so no help there.

Baby X - Develops telepathy so he can communicate with the other kids and telekinesis so he can move around and use things like everyone else.

Actually, after watching the two boys whipping a koosh ball at each other, the superball as weapon might not be too off.

The only thing that I could think of possibly for Baby X is that he can talk and has the cognitive development of a teenager or young adult at 9 days of age, but that might be REAL hard to explain. :help:

I played a hyperintelligent 8-year-old for a while. He had a superskill VPP, and the personality of (Pinky and's) The Brain. He had a large head that was prematurely balding. Come to think of it, he kind of looked like Family Guy's Stewie.

Talk to Kitties. (or Doggies)

Summon Earthworms.

(to a child, this could be a horrifying expericne as they boil up out of the ground)

Shapeshift or Multi-form:

various Pokemon shapes.

various chibi animals (unicorn, pegasus, winged cat, kermitoid, etc)

the mind boggles.

Hyperball--Speedster with a repulsion field that "bounces" attacks, enables him to bounce, and otherwise protects him from damage and the use of his powers. Over time he could learn to focus this field for "brick-tricks," like smashing through walls, lifting heavy objects, etc.

Kid Question--I like the idea of a super-intellect, like Dexter or Jimmy Neutron or my favorite, Barry Ween. (Although if you model him after Barry Ween, you might wish to leave out the swearing. :D) After all, someone has to rewire half-a-dozen obsolete video-game consoles to form the team's super-computer, build and equip the team's headquarters (accessible from a secret trap door in the floor of the backyard playhouse), figure out the disarm codes for the bad guys' doomsday weapons, and reprogram the school's cafeteria schedule so that every day is Pizza Day.

A suggestion--instead of Kid Question, call him Kid Eureka. Because that's what he says anytime he figures anything out. And since he figures out everything, he says it all the time. All the time.

Little Miss--Perfect little princess. Invariably wears white or pink dresses. Unfailingly courteous to everyone, and insists on courtesy from everyone else. Otherwise, she will kick the stuffing out of you, as she's an exceptionally talented martial artist who can easily outfight opponents many times her size, no matter how many there are, all while scolding them for their lack of manners. ("You're being very very naughty! Maybe this (leaping kick to the jaw) will teach you a lesson!")

Baby X--Broadcast empath; whatever he feels, everyone feels. Hunger, love, warmth, cold, crankiness, diaper rash--the whole baby experience is shared by all around him. The other kids have to not only protect him, but find someone to teach him to use his powers--if he's like this now, imagine what he'll be like--and how powerful he'll be--as an adult.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the ideas everyone- some neat ideas in here that I'll have to thnk over- wcw, it's funny you mentioned the MA aspect for Little Miss because I was at the kids house today and created a CoH based on her called Little Miss Diva on the Victory server- her catch phrase is "I know Kung Fu!!" and she does- mad her as scrapper with MA/Invuln.

And your Baby X idea is neat too- was thinking about using him as a speed booster for whoever is carrying him but the broadcast empath idea is neat too. Thanks!

Baby X- The newborn, 9 days old now- was thinking he would just be a complication for the other kids for the first little while before he develops anything in the way of powers.

Kid Question take the social fu idea and keep going, paralyzing contradictions and other confusing presence attacks that border on mind control. not super smart he doesn't have the answers just the questions. will grow into being a super genius once he gets enough answers

Baby X regen, confusion (he/she dosen't understand the world and sudenly neither does the target), minor invulnerablilty (don't use too often or will grow up with LD's or just plain old issues)

Well Baby X is bou- three boys and one girl, Little Miss.

Actually the real Kid Question is entertaining- he keeps asking questions and I answer the ones that I can, so he asks more questions and I get into trouble for 'encouraging' him, but I explained to his mother that when his questions do get answered, he'll probably remember the answers and get little bit of knowledge out of it, which she admitted is a plus.

For Baby X right now I'm really liking the idea of broadcast empathy and some sort of effect that makes him a boon to whever is carrying him instead of a hindrance, most likely Kid Question at this point.

I seem to remember a Saturday morning TV show resembling this. The little kids could all transform into either adults or older kids to do their deeds but they still had the minds of small children. When the show was over or the deed was done, they transformed back to babies/children.

Any ideas or suggestions? Oh, and thanks for any suggestions.

I can't help but think of Baby Geniuses (the movie) and the idea that children are actually hyper-intelligent before they learn to dumb down in order to fit in. When we think they are babbling to each other they are really having indepth philosophical and scientific discussions that 'we' are to dumb to understand. Baby X is just like this, however while he has a huge intellect he has very little actual world experience. THis is where Kid question comes in but has the advantage of being able to communicate telepathically with Kid Question. The reason that Kid Question is so hypermanic with the questions is his way of coping. By constantly firing off questions he is able to protect his fragile psyche from being overloaded by Baby X's intellect. Eventually Baby X will learn to control his abilities and KQ will become his mouthpiece and will be rewarded with the knowledge to create alot of cool gadgets (and what kid doesn't like toys).

Baby X will become the mastermind behind the group (while keeping it a secret by using KQ). Unfortunately like all babies he will be forced to dumb down and learn English and then he will become just another kid (he knows this and he may become a supervillain attempting to find a way to keep his intellect intact).

O.k. that's my idea anyway.

You've obviously had'nt read "PS238" by Aaron Williams Have'nt you?

Add another Girl to your group and Vary thier ages making the leader the oldest[9 yrs] and BabyX the Youngest[put him/her at 5 or 6 yrs]. Sort of like the kids in the current POWER PACK Mini series.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I like to think of Baby X as having weirdness magnet, scads of unluck, invulnerability and teleportation (takes time and needs lots of incidental foci).

I see the baby as the reason they get into trouble - trying to save it while it miraculously avoids damage and gets to where it wants to go - usually either its mom or the baby store - by a variety of improbably means (plane drops out of the sky onto the other end of the see-saw catapulting baby X towards the house Mom is visiting....)

Doc