Hawaii Hero

Doctor Agenda

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hawaii Hero

Hawaii has its own Martial Art called Lua. You might want to look that up or even get hold of a copy of UMA which has Hero stats for it.

Very appropriate for a separatist or a supernatural hero with associations to the island itself.

Beat you to it. See last post.

the one under the barracks was for the big brass COMSUBPAC

Which state library?

The State Library...it's near the Iolani palace....Hawaii has a State Library, it's not really part of the State Library System, it's more like a state Library of Congress. It has all sorts of cool stuf that is not loanable, or under lock and key....as well as "normal stuff of course....

All this is 20+ years old though....

First game in:

Crimson Kahuna, matter-shaping surfer

Gator Grrl, half alligator, all woman

Golden Raptor, Guyver clone

Me, still nameless, although I floated Lono, to a universal 'huh?'

We drove high-tech ghost pirates off a cruise liner. They all got away (each pirate was intangible and could fly due to belts they were wearing) but we got the 'intangibility-inducer' for the dirigible disguised as a galleon.

Ummmm, Lua is bathroom.

Also you might want to get the lyrics for the Braddah Iz song for Maui. Maui is the hawaiian superman. There is alot of folklore about him and what he has done. Like supposedly he made the sun move slower, fished up the islands and other things too. Menehunes are the ones that are tricksters. You might want to see about the different islands.. for instance Kaua'i is the land where giants come from......

Ai- yes

A'ole- no

Maika'i is good.

Also make alot of food refrences.... Kaukau- food and always have enough to share because that is the Aloha way!

Ummmm, Lua is bathroom.

Also you might want to get the lyrics for the Braddah Iz song for Maui. Maui is the hawaiian superman. There is alot of folklore about him and what he has done. Like supposedly he made the sun move slower, fished up the islands and other things too. Menehunes are the ones that are tricksters. You might want to see about the different islands.. for instance Kaua'i is the land where giants come from......

Ai- yes

A'ole- no

Maika'i is good.

Also make alot of food refrences.... Kaukau- food and always have enough to share because that is the Aloha way!

Sounds good, I heard Lua is also a Martial Art, but I won't be calling myself that now for sure. People might think I'm named after the island if I call myself 'Maui', but at least it will mean something to them. I will think on it.

• 3 months later...

This has been one of the most fun Champions games I have played in for a long time.

We have judged a surfing contest and had to save the prize money from an Iceman clone.

We provided security for an Ironman competition whose winners had a history of going missing (turns out they were being sacrificed to a sea god by a local cult).

We foiled a series of heists by the security-nullifying Video Vandals.

Plus, over half the members of the struggling band Frozen Aorta are on the team (New teammate Sonic Wave is also new lead singer). A friend is thinking of joining the game, I'm going to suggest that one of our two non-super band members 'have an origin' involving the hero team (Hero Corps, chosen by the fans).

The Scoobiness of it all is very refreshing. Most of the superhero games I've been involved in have been a bit grim.

• 8 months later...

Just found this thread while looking for a player to join our Oahu champions group. For the record:

SPAM and portuguese sausage (linguica in most places) are not the same thing. They're not even very similar, other than both being processed meat. They are both, however, very popular and available at McDonald's for breakfast.

'Lua' does not technically mean 'bathroom' in the Hawaiian language, although many people use it that way. It is a colloquialism that grew from a bad translation, I believe. Many locals use it, though. 'Bathroom' in Hawaiian is 'lumi ho`opau pilikia' (literally 'the room where problems are finished')

If I played a hero in hawaii, I'd have to play a brick hero who is a sort of Lycantrope, who turns into a large wood bear holding a fish. The fish could be done with the duplication power. My wife brought one of these back from a trip to Hawaii, and it's what makes me think of that state.

1372328.jpg