Eureka! The Stargate isn't in Warehouse 13!

HawksmoorSD

So I watch a lot of SciFi. The shows I try to catch should be pretty obvious from the title of the thread. Anyways I got to thinking about them in a shared world and thought I'd toss it out at you guys. Warehouse 13 doesn't have a huge back history that I'm aware of yet and I admit I haven't done a lot of research into this but here's the rough idea.

Warehouse 13 was founded (I'm guessing) late 1800 or early 1900's. As stated it's Americas Attic. All the weirdness that no one can explain or use goes there. The Stargate was one of the items there being brought from Egypt in 1939 to keep it from Nazi hands. It was moved to Cheyenne Mountain when someone figured out a possible use for it, and wasn't returned when they proved it could be used for people to come and go. No point in leaving a possible backdoor in the Warehouse. Eureka was commisioned by Truman so that would have been somewhere up and running in say the late 1950s or early 60s.

So you have the Warehouse where things occasionally can be of use in off world missions and constantly grows from the weirdness thats found on and off world. Eureka is there and while its mostly for the joy of science theres things that are specially used for the Stargate program. Anything that can't be figured out thats brought back from the Stargate goes to Eureka for a set period of study and if no progress is made on the device its mothballed in the Warehouse.

My guess is that there would be some sort of overseeing body to keep it all straight and in check. Also they would all continue to share in the idea of "top secret" so people don't know about them. Heck they each probably wouldn't know much about each other. Unless its Sam and Jack Carter. They're obviously related in some way since they have the same last name. See how easy it all goes together?

Thanks for any comments folks.

Re: Eureka! The Stargate isn't in Warehouse 13!

It would probably fit better to link the Sanctuary world with Warehouse 13's. Seeing as both have "Magic" or some force close enough to it to be close to it.

It would probably fit better to link the Sanctuary world with Warehouse 13's. Seeing as both have "Magic" or some force close enough to it to be close to it.

Oooh. Yes. Well, except that if that was the case, someone more important would have boosted more of the stuff by now.

Nikolai, for instance (the only reason I kept watching, after the hawt wore off)

It occurs to me that the famed 'Area 51' is mentioned a few times in 'Stargate' as a major research centre. Given the premise of this thread' date=' perhaps '51' is mainly a "front" or clearing house for the real work happening in Eureka.[/quote']

don't forget th eureka sherriffs dept. could have problems caused by a crimefighter from nearby angel city ,BLACK SCORPION who thinks the eueka setup is a criminal outfit not a legitimate government think tank

Warehouse 13 strikes me as a ghostbuster situation where some things are invested with psychic energy. On the other hand, the tesla gun and tv phones are cool call backs.

The mention of Tesla and Edison being enemies could lead to a secret mad scientist war in the background.

Eureka also has some mental science things going on in the background like the dream machine.

And Stargate has had basically every situation under the sun.

Alien contact and alternate Earths would mix well with weird machines and weird science. And the arc for Eureka this season is aliens out there.

CES

• 1 year later...

I think anything combining Sanctuary with the Stargate universe cannot be complete without finding a way to put Holling' date=' Bigfoot, Todd the Wraith, and John Druitt in the same room together. :D[/quote']

Have some rep......:thumbup:

-Carl-

Indeed. Though it looks like SyFy is on track to at least incorporate EUReKa and Warehouse 13 into the same "universe" so to speak. Certainly the last few episodes have shown there is at least as much High Technology as there is left over antiques from the old Friday the 13th TV show.....either way....good work, and easy enough to squeeze in stargate as well.

~Rex....figures it could work, so why not. Incorporates elements from all three shows into his current campaign anyway.

So I watch a lot of SciFi. The shows I try to catch should be pretty obvious from the title of the thread. Anyways I got to thinking about them in a shared world and thought I'd toss it out at you guys. Warehouse 13 doesn't have a huge back history that I'm aware of yet and I admit I haven't done a lot of research into this but here's the rough idea.

Warehouse 13 was founded (I'm guessing) late 1800 or early 1900's. As stated it's Americas Attic. All the weirdness that no one can explain or use goes there. The Stargate was one of the items there being brought from Egypt in 1939 to keep it from Nazi hands. It was moved to Cheyenne Mountain when someone figured out a possible use for it, and wasn't returned when they proved it could be used for people to come and go. No point in leaving a possible backdoor in the Warehouse. Eureka was commisioned by Truman so that would have been somewhere up and running in say the late 1950s or early 60s.

So you have the Warehouse where things occasionally can be of use in off world missions and constantly grows from the weirdness thats found on and off world. Eureka is there and while its mostly for the joy of science theres things that are specially used for the Stargate program. Anything that can't be figured out thats brought back from the Stargate goes to Eureka for a set period of study and if no progress is made on the device its mothballed in the Warehouse.

My guess is that there would be some sort of overseeing body to keep it all straight and in check. Also they would all continue to share in the idea of "top secret" so people don't know about them. Heck they each probably wouldn't know much about each other. Unless its Sam and Jack Carter. They're obviously related in some way since they have the same last name. See how easy it all goes together?

Thanks for any comments folks.

As you now know, SciFi is already doing a Warehouse 13 / Eureka crossover. I think the new show Haven would fit in well also.

Warehouse 13 was founded (I'm guessing) late 1800 or early 1900's. As stated it's Americas Attic. All the weirdness that no one can explain or use goes there. The Stargate was one of the items there being brought from Egypt in 1939 to keep it from Nazi hands. It was moved to Cheyenne Mountain when someone figured out a possible use for it' date=' and wasn't returned when they proved it could be used for people to come and go.[/quote']

To quiibble just a teeny-tiny bit, in the first 'Stargate' movie the Stargate was set up in a decommissioned (and isolated) missile silo. It was moved to Cheyenne Mountain for the TV series.

According to Wiki ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain ), the Cheyenne Mountain complex was constructed from 1961-64, and became operational in 1966. Of course, when factoring in Eureka, Warehouse 13 and others, maybe there is an untold story or three here as well ...

Oh' date=' I'm sure Warehouse 13 has the very first Xerox machine. I'm guessing that might take care of the problem.[/quote']

Knowing how things often roll in Warehouse 13, I'm guessing their Xerox Machine probably xeroxs other machines. A Von Neumann device with a twist, perhaps.

The Warehouse was actually founded by Alexander the Great in Macedonia in 323 b.c. according to Syfy. This is the thirteenth version and was founded in 1914. The Warehouse moves to the most powerful or advanced society in the world at that time.