Hero Exchange Program

SKJAM!

Your character has been selected to participate in a new cross-dimensional superhero exchange program. No, it's not voluntary. He/she/it will be spending a week with the Avengers or Justice League (your choice, and you can pick the era you prefer, since both teams are kind of in flux right now in the comics...) while their "equivalent" from that team spends a week in your character's world.

If your character is an anti-hero or nominal villain, the host team has been told that they're "trying to reform." (In some cases this will be a blatant lie.)

So, how does your character's week with their host team go, and how does the replacement's week in your character's world go?

Re: Hero Exchange Program

Starguard and Dr. Pain are good team players, and not bad sorts to pal around with. Things go fine.

Baron von Darien is enormously driven and ruthless, but also quite intelligent, and he only has to be here for a week. They get a brooding vampiric demonhunter for a temporary ally.

Striker-One, aka Kaian, aka etc, etc, etc. is a vastly experienced superhero, and is more than capable of faking enough sincerity for a week until he can get back home. :)

Granted, this is if they're hanging out with the JLA. Current conditions on Earth-Marvel would alternately horrify or disgust most of my characters, and Kaian would again be cynically sighing 'Why does the universe keep sending me to people direly in need of a discreet dagger up the strap, when it *knows* I'm trying to quit that habit?' He'd be sighing this over the cooling corpse of Norman Osborn, mind you. :)

Edit: I forgot. Kaian would punch Oliver Queen in the mouth. 'Look, its not the politics, its the part where you're just that much of an asshole. Also, seriously, the way you treat your wife is disgusting.'

The Yowie swaps with Tasmanian Devil from the JLI Bwahaha period.

Given that the Yowie is a TD homage, they both fit in quite well.

Captain Justice has a harder time, since he's a homage of Ranger, from the Batman of All Nations. I guess he could swap with one of the lesser Batmanoids of either the JLA or Avengers. He'd be quite bewildered by the Avengers, unless it was one of their pre-1989 or so incarnations. He'd be fine in a JLI-era or previous Justice League, although overshadowed by the Bat, Green Arrow or even Black Canary.

His counterparts would walk all over his world.

Scardey Cat panics.

"You want to send me to another dimension? Sit down i'd like to spend the next several hours explaining why this will most likely go wrong, we'll conclude with the destruction of the universe, but first a few of the thousands of minor things that can go wrong."

Finding he's going anyway, he'll be polite and spend the first few hours grilling his hosts about their world, and answering their questions about his. When he finds out both teams have monitor duty, he;ll become very happy. He will immediatly volunteer for any free shifts of monitor duty, and try talking people into letting them cover their shifts. When he finds himself oncall he'll mostly pray nothing comes up. Offduty, he'll look to see if their are any counterparts of people he knows and finding out what their like. Having done that he'l;l spend the rest of his time studying anything interesting. Defined by whatever is different about the world.

Badger- Have to think on this one. About the only way, he will do this without a bitter fight about it, would be a villain exchange program involving his archnemesis. In which he'll switch with anyone from that universe.

Frosty Bob- He'll switch with Cable. After a week of Cable, his teammates will be more "appreciative" of Bob, and less annoyed by his antics. :eg: He'll spend the week challenging Wolverine to several off-the-wall contest (particularly beer drinking). Bob will come out of it "Damn, when it comes to women I may be a bast@rd and will sleep with pretty much any female, but, damn I at least I have some scruples compared to that mother######. His teammates need to beat the #### out of him." :doi:

The only possible superhero that Vitus of Clan Scorpion could cross with ( because all gods are bastards ) would be Rex the Wonder Dog, whose utterly cracktastic adventures once saw him give the Justice League a hand.

( I'd point you to scans of Rex's bimonthly title, but the group got taken down. Oh MAN did they have some powerful psychoactives back then)

Vitus would not take this well. His resulting language wouldn't pass the Comics Code, either. And I doubt the era - the 50's - would appreciate Vitus's "Deadly Force As First Resort" methodology whenever he has something else that needs doing, either. On the other hand the era also has plenty of magical items lying around for Superman to cut himself on, which Vitus would be happy to take off their hands.

Vitus would happily spend a few days curating their collection, and making a list of everything that wasn't nailed down.

Also, a week's break when the menaces show up like clockwork once a month would be practically a holiday for Vitus. Consider back in Kingdom City - Eurostar attacked Nebraska solely to get Vitus. Ist'Vatha Vhan invaded Nebraska solely to get Vitus. Dr Destroyer attacked Nebraska - twice - solely to get Vitus. And then there was Cthulhu, who was apparently feeling slightly threatened by Vitus's plans to sacrifice him as a convenient source of mana, resurrected Destroyer's mortal remains, and attacked Nebraska, solely to get Vitus.

A team who feel threatened by a giant starfish would be almost relaxing. And the bad guys would be easy to spot, too.

Vitus
: "Does your name end with an 'O'?"

Starro/Amazo/Eclipso/Kanjar Ro/Despero/Prof. Ivo/T.O.Morrow
: "Why, ye-"

Vitus
:
ZORCH

Meanwhile Rex the Wonder Dog would be effortlessly running circles around Tyrannosaurus rexs, bears, octopuses, and exploring the microverse, just like any other white German Shepherd would. At least if you take enough strong drugs.

Of course, comparisons have also been made between the Kingdom City team and Justice League Antarctica, too. If the commenters were in a generous mood.

I love the wacky Justice League International. I would send all my characters there, no matter how poor the fit. :D

Though Monsoon would actually fit in. He could replace Booster Gold as the fame whore, or Dr. Light as the newbie, or Rocket Red as the funny foreigner, or Fire and Ice as the international hero nobody ever heard of before. After a week with Booster Gold, I'm sure his teammates will appreciate Monsoon a lot more.

Avatar is a better candidate for Thunderbolts or Shadowpact. Maybe he could be placed with that crappy Justice League covert missions group.

Iron Maiden would end up with the Justice League International, while Power Girl spends some time with the Guardians in IM's world. Not that Iron Maiden is as powerful as a Kryptonian, but that's the closest equivalent. Iron Maiden would find the League's dysfunctional behavior amusing at first, but would soon tire of it.

Power Girl would probably find the Guardians to be surprisingly (and pleasingly) professional, compared to the JLI and probably wish she could stay--or at least instill some of that professionalism in her JLI teammates.

Your character has been selected to participate in a new cross-dimensional superhero exchange program. No, it's not voluntary. He/she/it will be spending a week with the Avengers or Justice League (your choice, and you can pick the era you prefer, since both teams are kind of in flux right now in the comics...) while their "equivalent" from that team spends a week in your character's world.

If your character is an anti-hero or nominal villain, the host team has been told that they're "trying to reform." (In some cases this will be a blatant lie.)

So, how does your character's week with their host team go, and how does the replacement's week in your character's world go?

Aquatic-Finds himself swapped out with Aquaman. A chance to work with this reality's greatest heroes?

No. It's the Detroit era. Which means he's living in the only real world city that might make Hudson City look tolerable ;) Still, he does his best to hold things together, and discovers (as comic plots go) that THIS Detroit is about to face the same death toll as HIS Detroit, but no guarantee there will be a Millennium City. Is it Dr. Destroyer somehow come to the D.C. universe in the 80s or a D.C. foe inspired by Aquatic's arrival? Will the fate of this ill conceived team be changed by this swap? Can Aquatic resist the urge to strangle Vibe? Read and find out!

;)

Striker-One, aka Kaian, aka etc, etc, etc. is a vastly experienced superhero, and is more than capable of faking enough sincerity for a week until he can get back home. :)

Granted, this is if they're hanging out with the JLA. Current conditions on Earth-Marvel would alternately horrify or disgust most of my characters, and Kaian would again be cynically sighing 'Why does the universe keep sending me to people direly in need of a discreet dagger up the strap, when it *knows* I'm trying to quit that habit?' He'd be sighing this over the cooling corpse of Norman Osborn, mind you. :)

From his previous description, (immortal warrior type), I'm guessing that Kaian would have switched with Ares? How's the god of War doing over on Kaian's Earth?

And as Kaian says that, the rest of the Dark Avengers team is divided between applause and mutters of "and I was almost ready to do that!"

From his previous description' date=' (immortal warrior type), I'm guessing that Kaian would have switched with Ares? How's the god of War doing over on Kaian's Earth?[/quote']

Actually, he's more likely to have switched with Daken, as that's his power level. Outside of regeneration and the total inability to die (so far tested up to and including multi-kiloton-range explosions, volcanoes, and being buried under collapsing mountain ranges, but not unaided atmospheric re-entry, megaton+ nukes, the sun, Exemplar's Cosmic Justice Fist attack, black holes, or the Terminus Coil), he doesn't have any superpowers that can't be learned with millenia of training in prana-bindu control and other such things. Also, he's barred from actually using sorcery, although he does have a good academic knowledge. So, his physical power level is more comparable to the martial artist than the brick.

Hilariously, if Kaian met Ares, they might get along well -- in his particular timeline, several of Kaian's prior identities have made his world's history books under various names. One of them was Achilles.(*) :) Granted, Kaian's ethical level has lightened up some since that era, but he still earned a certain respect from Greek legend in the doing.

Not that it matters: Vanguard, the team Kaian is a regular member of, is a JLA-level superteam, even if it only has three other members. The leader of whom, Exemplar, as a Superman-level brick who is also an eons-old living construct by the galaxy's Precursor race and in general operates on cosmic wisdom, is entirely capable of spotting Ares' and/or Daken's personality defects at first look, as well as handing them their asses in a bucket.

For that matter, so's Nox, the team mage. And even Daedalus, the techie, should be able to wrap up Daken no problem, albeit he might have a problem with Ares.

And as Kaian says that, the rest of the Dark Avengers team is divided between applause and mutters of "and I was almost ready to do that!"

Not with Kaian's legendary allergy to witnesses, they ain't. But he's very stealthy, so it shouldn't be a bother. :)

(*) It was a running gag in the campaign as to how many prior 'historic IDs' I could drop a reference to in conversation and then plausibly make up a character backstory for/retcon in later on. Even though the campaign ended far too soon, by that point I'd managed to get Achilles, Belisarius, Lancelot of Camelot, a white samurai in Tokugawa-era Japan, Baron von Steuben(**), an Apollo 13 astronaut, and of course his home timeline's equivalent of Captain America, that last one ('Captain Jack Striker') being the ID that most everybody actually knew about.

(**) I was saving that one for anybody official who tried to challenge my American citizenship when it was revealed that my prior birth certificates were all phony and I actually pre-dated the founding of the USA. 'Well, actually, I was part of the founding of the USA, so my original citizenship grant is still valid, right?' :)