Takofanes, where is he?

Twilight

Re: Takofanes, where is he?

I think the special even starts this weekend. You'll have to wait until The Dread Taco reveals himself....

The event starts on the 27th, as indicated by the blood moon and all in the game. Taco Fanny is supposed to be invading right now, yet nary a minion to be seen. For a guy who's supposed to be the great horror of the Champions Universe, his invasion has been somewhat of a let down thus far.

I wonder if he'll do anything particularly horrific to you if you call him "Taco-Fanny" in-game? :eg:

I'd actually be interested to find out, even if it means my character gets clobbered. After all, it's not like it's the first time Knecht's gotten clobbered in Champions Online. Heck, going after Project Awakening he was defeated more often then he had been during the entire game previously.

I found spawn points for several of the undead superheroes yesterday' date=' but I wasn't willing to wait around for the 90 minutes until they respawned. Wish there was some way I could mark the map to make it easy to find 'em again. :)[/quote']

would you care to share the location in general terms?

The timers are supposed to be lowered to 30 minutes after maintenance today.

Most of the ones I found are at street intersections in parts of Millennium City. One or two were off to the side in a courtyard or what have you, but usually they're right there in the streets -- just run around looking for the areas where it looks like three or four big purple tentacles have erupted from the ground. When you get close to it, a "group event" timer will pop up on the screen showing you how long 'til the next respawn.

I only looked around in the areas near and east of City Hall, and I found, hmmm, four or five spawn points. Haven't looked in the western part of the city yet. There's one sort of between the Jet and where Kinetik stands around handing out missions, f'rex.

Ok. I saw the spawn points Steve detailed in his earlier post. I thought there was something different I may have missed.

I would love to be in the development meetings fr this event. 90 minute reset timers. I think someone brought in special brownies that day.

30 minutes is too long, IMO. 10 minutes or less would keep me in the area.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=86769

Here is a post with a labeled map I found. When a hero has spawned a column of red light shots down from the sky and illuminates the portal until he is defeated. If there is a group there waiting for him, it might not last long, but it helps. Also, don't forget that you can change instances by clicking on the zone name on the mini-map. This will help you find one where the timer is not quite as long if you are waiting for one (with the new timers, probably not a big deal)

Hope this helps.

They are staggered, with 30 minute timers you can likely run around to whichever one is currently active and not be waiting around too much. Not to mention the timers run differently in different instances of MC, so if you need a particular one of them it shouldn't be hard to find an instance where the wait isn't too long. Also, the most efficient way to do it would seem to be to run around collecting quests first by defeating the open mission bosses as they spawn in sequence, and then once you have them all available go do the crypts at your own speed. Of course having all the quests active at once will occupy almost all of your quest log so you may need to clear your plate first.

Bear in mind that the event lasts several days; the In Memoriam perk isn't something you're supposed to be able to do in a couple easy hours. ;)

That said, the quests are shareable, so if you don't care about getting the boss-kill perks and just want In Memoriam, you can get the quests shared from anyone that has them. I have a couple toons with all the quests available, even though they haven't defeated the open mission bosses yet. (I do plan on defeating all the open mission bosses at some point with at least one of my characters, but probably not more than one.)

As far as finding the locations goes, they aren't too difficult to find, and if you're missing some you can always ask in Zone chat, usually there will be someone accommodating. They show up as tiny pink dots on intersections in your map, as well, but these are really easy to overlook.

A friend was very kind and shared all 13 of the missions with me last night, but I'm still a little confused about this event.

After you save the 13 heroes, what next?

After you do the Celestial mission (gathering 40 celestial essences), what are you supposed to do? That quest gave me some XP and disappeared. I have no idea where it came from or what to do with it in context.

Why are the missions such a strange level range (14-27)? My level 33 main is just sleep-walking through them, so it feels insanely repetitive and almost pointless. My level 17 alt was in a group with a level 31 character and a 24, so it was just as easy. I'm just not understanding the point.

For all the work they supposedly did on this, it doesn't seem to be very well-received. The forums and the game, itself, are filled with complaints about the 2 hour timer (which was just an awful idea, no matter how it is spun). It really kind of affects my morale when I'm playing to listen to the zone chat.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

They've definitely shortened the timers, thankfully. I just logged in to check one, found that it was about to pop, and got to tackle Amazing Grace. I moved on to the next one, found that Radion was up, and got him too.

After each one you get a mission, but I haven't tried them yet. Presumably I can solo 'em (they're marked as 3s) since I'm well above the level range for the villains that are spawning, but I won't know more 'til lunch hour. ;)

It's a lot of fun to see a bunch of hero names I made up off the top of my head get turned into something cool like this. ;)

Discovered you have to somehow get the foe's attention to get the quests. Grabbed 3 perks killing zombos (zombie heroes) when I finally got the quest for Radion. Gained 4 more quests from one of our awesome guildies, many thanks to him. :)

Got Radion's quests presumably because I kept using Defensive Combo to pull his aggro. Off to bed now, should have time over the next several days to do these quests for perks. Might try farming an instance for a zombo I have saved for celestial shards and a chance for a Foxbo zombo pet.

They've definitely shortened the timers, thankfully. I just logged in to check one, found that it was about to pop, and got to tackle Amazing Grace. I moved on to the next one, found that Radion was up, and got him too.

After each one you get a mission, but I haven't tried them yet. Presumably I can solo 'em (they're marked as 3s) since I'm well above the level range for the villains that are spawning, but I won't know more 'til lunch hour. ;)

It's a lot of fun to see a bunch of hero names I made up off the top of my head get turned into something cool like this. ;)

Don't know how far along in the Nemesis stuff you have gotten Steve, but if you haven't gotten to Bunker Buster yet, just wait. It was a blast to see some of the heroes/villains that turn up there. Not to mention Green Dragon in the Nemesis jailbreak.

For the person who asked about what to do once you have fought the undead villains, you can now enter the portal that spawned them so you can free their soul being used by Tako's minions. That is what the quest really is.

Don't know how far along in the Nemesis stuff you have gotten Steve, but if you haven't gotten to Bunker Buster yet, just wait. It was a blast to see some of the heroes/villains that turn up there. Not to mention Green Dragon in the Nemesis jailbreak.

For the person who asked about what to do once you have fought the undead villains, you can now enter the portal that spawned them so you can free their soul being used by Tako's minions. That is what the quest really is.

I've done that for a ton of the quests (not all 13 yet). I was curious what happened after that -- after you've freed all the 13 hero souls.

The quests inside the portals are really very similar to one another. In fact, they are most identical, except for the level of the bad guys.

Takofanes can be faced, he just spawns randomly once any one for the 13 undead heroes are defeated.

And Pamela, if you manage to complete all 13 missions, and the Essences mission, you can unlock the Celestial set on your account. While it gets unlocked on the 10th of November for everyone, you get it a little bit early ;)

Takofanes can be faced, he just spawns randomly once any one for the 13 undead heroes are defeated.

And Pamela, if you manage to complete all 13 missions, and the Essences mission, you can unlock the Celestial set on your account. While it gets unlocked on the 10th of November for everyone, you get it a little bit early ;)

Thank you!

I'll be finished with that tonight. I only have a couple of the hero missions left.

I thought there was another, bigger mission at the end, but I guess people were just talking about trying to find the random Tako spawns.

Folks, I hit the CO forums last night to find Tako and discovered the Tako hunting channel that allowed me to actually find and face him twice before DT.

Join channel Takofanaes_Spawn to locate and hunt him. They have people scattered throughout the MC instances keeping track, and so far there seems to be a 6 hour window normally between spawns on each instance. I suspect they might speed it up for this weekend's event.

As it is, once located, he's dead in under 2 minutes as we swarm on him to complete the perks and attempt to get Foxbat.

I just got thru the 13 and unlocked the Celestial set.

My level 32 was able to easily solo the lower ones, but Vanguard, Nimbus, Vigil, and particularly Tiger were hard and I need at least a little help.

Tiger took me, a 40, a 38, and a 29 to take down and everyone of us was defeated at least once. It was brutal.

I actually have no interest in the Celestial Set, but I did enjoy the CU content. Especially Shadowboxer -- I've liked that character since I first saw the picture in the Mill City sourcebook.