The November Nine

DrDestiny

A day or so early, but the submissions threads seem to have run their course.

Each character selected will be done in the same format, and posted in both straight line-art and the painted version. Should the character's creator want a full-sized high-resolution jpeg of the artwork, please PM me with contact details and I'll be happy to send you the file.

November Nine, 1 of 9

INCIRRINA by Haven Walkur

Incirrina_FULL.jpg

Incirrina_LINE.jpg

Re: The November Nine

I like the Old One tattoo on her arm. Can't remember if that was in Haven's description of the character or not, but it's a nice touch.

Also, the slight camera angle gives a nice feeling of topsy-turvy without going overboard.

It's not in Haven's original description, but I figured if anyone needed to carry an Elder Sign around, it'd be her...

A day or so early, but the submissions threads seem to have run their course.

Each character selected will be done in the same format, and posted in both straight line-art and the painted version. Should the character's creator want a full-sized high-resolution jpeg of the artwork, please PM me with contact details and I'll be happy to send you the file.

November Nine, 1 of 9

INCIRRINA by Haven Walkur

Thanks for the nudge, Dr. D; I hadn't realised you'd started on the pics yet. And there's Tasmin at #1.

She's...remarkable. She looks real. I described her powers and personality, and gave a minimal physical description -- and you came up with the rest! It's almost an act of mind-reading; from her singlet-and-shorts combo to the messy touselled hair and big cheery grin, that's her to the life!

You've managed to show her slap-dash nature and natural athleticism in the pic; she looks as if you caught her at a football match during half-time. She seems ready to rush off again at any minute...and for me, the tilted angle of the picture suggests arrested motion, rather than skewed reality -- though there's no reason it couldn't signify both.

I particularly like the fact that there's no irony in her expression or body language. She looks cheerful and good-natured in every respect -- even down to the way she sits and the angle of her head -- and never mind the masses of black-and-scarlet tentacles writhing all around her, because she obviously doesn't.

I thought it was interesting that one of the posters on the Board thought the tentacles were from a separate creature coming up behind her. That's the disconnect I was trying for with this character; an attractive, blond-haired, blue-eyed woman, cheerful and friendly and born of an unnatural union between man and a Thing that man was not meant to know (in any sense of the word, including Biblical).

Incirrina (Tasmin Wright) is a monster without a monstrous point of view...and I think you caught that beautifully, Dr. D. She looks up from her nest of tentacles with a grin, devoid of malice and anything but good intentions. Oh, and by the bye, those tentacles are marvellous. I really like the cephalopod texture with the rows of suckers on the underside, and the sense of motion...yes, you can see that these things are writhing.

The Elder Sign tattoo was a surprise, but I thought it was a laugh; small, uncoloured, almost inconsequential, it looks as if Tasmin picked it up as an afterthought...and probably with that same big grin on her face. I definitely don't have any problems with the tattoo; it's something I could see Tazzy doing (see previous remark about mind-reading).

Since you're offering, yes, please, I'd love to have the hi-res file.

This is an incredible piece, Dr. D; Incirrina looks out at me from this picture as if from a snapshot. Thank-you so very much.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really do appreciate it :)

November Nine, 4 of 9

ZAKKA by Zakka-Ryuu

(http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=78586&page=4)

jw_Zakka_01_LINE.jpg

jw_Zakka_01.jpg