The November Nine

DrDestiny

Re: The November Nine

Eightfold Path' date=' would you like to share some info about the character?[/quote']

Always! The problem is getting me to shush. A bit of info on the character was posted at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75782 - I've pasted it below, with slight rearrangement so the image is at the end on account of it's freakin' huge.

-----

That's a very generous offer and given your talent I hope my character idea intrigues you.

Black Brume: She is the avatar of a ghost ship - I'm presently calling her the avatar of the Elizabeth Dane because I don't know of any canon ghost ships (help here is welcome) - falling into the category of beneficial rather than omen-of-doom like the Flying Dutchman. These are the ghost ships from real life lore that appear in time to take sorrowful people contemplating suicide-by-drowning to fabulous cruise-ship parties and cheer them back into living; these are the ghost ships that patrol the seas to save people from drowning when all else is lost. Most appear in the vicinity of the equator, which makes "Ellie Dane" something of an anomaly as she appears as far north as Canada.

"Ellie Dane" is a young ghost ship and takes liberties in her interpretation of 'saving the drowning', to a point where a fraction of herself patrols the land, using her not insignificant powers to do right. Perhaps in time, she can learn to have an identity beyond that of savior and avenger.

I can't find a hairstyle that really suits her, it should be that long, over the shoulder and down to the waist, swept all away from the face style so many comic book females sport. I'm hoping to unlock something eventually.

PS: She's more Kaylee than Zoe, and way way more Serenity than Millennium Falcon.

brumew.jpg

...doese haven walker character incirnna look like tv hostess ellen degeneras? i noticed a rtesmblance

Um, no. Not in the slightest. Incirinna's grin makes me want to grin back; Ellen's grin, with her projecting teeth, is a very horse-like thing, and makes me want to give her a sugar-lump.

But that might just be me....

November Nine' date='[/size'] 8 of 9

Indigo by NekoAnastasia

submmission link: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=78586&page=5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34269[/ATTACH]

(and I can't seem to make big pics on these new fangled forums, as I am stupid)

I Really like the background contrast with this one.

November Nine' date='[/size'] 8 of 9

Indigo by NekoAnastasia

submmission link: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=78586&page=5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34269[/ATTACH]

(and I can't seem to make big pics on these new fangled forums, as I am stupid)

Makes ya ask, where bein' the Big Bad Wolf. :o

November Nine, 9 of 9

Rune by 1Rune

Many thanks to lemming for the forum-foo

Last one. Thanks to all those who entered their characters for consideration, and my apologies to all those whose characters weren't chosen.It was difficult to choose just nine, and had I the time, I'd have loved to have done more.

I also think that this pic highlights why I don't do traditional supers very often...

jw_Rune_LINE.jpg

jw_Rune_FULL.jpg

'cause he looks like a ballerino?

BTW-Non traditional superheroes are da bombe. Shows that the world still has creativity. Who needs a thousand Super-Man clones (other than DC)? Give me a bouty butterfly chick any day. :)

The description of Moore and Leach's Marvelman as being built more like a ballerina than a bodybuilder always appealed to me, so I chose to echo that here (along with a significant nod to Miller and Varney's Dark Knight cover), since Rune appeared in his screen shots to be a slightly built, if powerful, hero.

The description of Moore and Leach's Marvelman as being built more like a ballerina than a bodybuilder always appealed to me' date=' so I chose to echo that here (along with a significant nod to Miller and Varney's Dark Knight cover), since Rune appeared in his screen shots to be a slightly built, if powerful, hero.[/quote']

Original submission request link.

Slightly built is pretty close to the mark, actually, my character is intentionally only 5'6" tall. This is an intentional subverting of the "All the really powerful heroes are tall" trope.

He is also most explicitly not a superman homage at all, nor even a homage of any one character. His super strength isn't even at Spider-man levels, although he is stronger than ordinary humans. If you want to categorize him by other heroes, think of him as a Reed Richards/Indianna Jones style Explorer in his secret identity, crossed with a Doctor Strange/Doctor Fate/Protector of Earthrealm Super Identity. The twist is, his Super identity has the Visual styling and marketing of a classic Paragon style hero, in a meta-subterfuge. Who would try to despell magic on someone they don't know is using magic?

I like this piece quite a bit, and I am both honored and humbled that my character was selected.

Thank you so much.