My First Hero System Character: Bluebird

PamelaIsley

Re: My First Hero System Character: Bluebird

My too sense worth

Bluebird

Total: 400

DEX 20

I'm probably being a "munchkin" about point efficiency, but you could shave points with a DEX 18 and it won't hurt your skills.

EGO 14

DMCV 3

I might add a point or two of DMCV. Just because I think you'd prefer for a mentalist to find your character's mind is just a shade more resistant than the average person's.

Skills & Talents

Deduction 14 (7)

Inventor 14 (7)

I think these are still off. Either you get a roll of 15, or you can save 2 pts on each.

SS: Biology 13 (3)

SS: Biochemistry 13 (3)

SS: Chemistry 13 (3)

I suggest getting the Scientist Skill Enhancer. Not just because it would save points if you ever pick up another science, but because a character with Eidetic Memory and previous scientific training would have an edge learning sciences.

Given that you have both Ice Powers and Inventor, you might want to consider adding Cryonics as a science, and/or getting a Power Skill for the Ice Powers, to pull off those clever, usually one-off tricks like supercooling something to make it brittle, or slowing the physical processes of a sick, poisoned, or injured person until they can get medical care.

Given the Memory, you might also consider getting Scholar, although that depends - if whoever runs the game wouldn't mind you picking it up with experience if and when you get some knowledge skills, it needn't be bought at start. Then again, if the game de-emphasizes skills and no one ever makes a knowledge roll, it need not be bought at all.

I might consider getting Combat Luck, maybe with a Limitation (if permitted) that it doesn't "stack" with the ice armor, i.e. it only protects you when, say, you're recovering from being unconscious or are too exhausted to have the ice shield up. Wait, does the New Regime include Combat Luck?

Powers

Ice Multipowers (60 points reserve); 60

Ice Blast (Blast 12d6); 6u

Entangling Ice Blast (Blast 4d6; Ice Bonds [Entangle, 4d6, 4 PD / 4 ED, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1, Linked -1/2]); 4u

Ice Cone (Blast 8d6, Cone +1/2, No Range -1/2); 4u

Ice Blast II (Blast 8d6, End 0, +1/2); 6u

Ice Blast III (Blast 8d6, Autofire 5 shots, +1/2); 6u

Killing Ice Blast (RKA 4d6, ED); 6u

Ice Sheet (Change Environment, -6 Dex for Surface Movement, Radius 32 M, +1); 4u

Ice Wall (Barrier, 10m long, 4m high, 1/2m thick, 10 Body, 10 PD / 10 ED, Ablative -1/2, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1); 2u

Ice Shield (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED, Costs End -1/2; 20

Flight (22M); 22

Total Cost: 140

Why a Killing Ice Blast?

If you can afford to, perhaps you should put the Entangle outside the Multipower but with a Limitation that it can only be used with the Multipower, and you can use it as a Multiple Power Attack or whatever they call attacking with two attack powers now.

Then you could combine it with any of the slots.

Life Support: Extreme Cold costs only 2 points, I believe. The only way I could see leaving that Power off of this character is if I knew I'd get it as a "freebie" due to SFX.

After that, I'll sit around and wait for a miracle to let me actually play. :)

Incidentally, is the only way to reply in a thread the quick reply option? I like being able to preview my posts.

There's a Player Finder forum. I hope you find someone. You might also consider starting a game and inviting your friends to play.

A trick I've used is to hit quote, copy the post I want to respond to, paste to a word document, compose there, and come back to the forum to post it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks how you think this one was composed?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How I would build her...

35 Ice Shield (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED) Unified -1/4, Perceivable -1/4,

PLUS (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED) Ablative -1/2, Unified -1/4, Perceivable -1/4

21 Flight (21M); 1/2 Endurance Cost +1/4, Difficult To Dispel +1/4, Unified -1/4 Linked to Ice Shield -1/4

43 Ice Multipowers (75 points reserve); Unified -1/4, Linked to Ice Shield -1/4, Gestures -1/4

I like the way the Ice Shield is built, with both full-time and ablative defenses. The dual-level nature keeps her from getting completely cold-cocked (sorry for the bad pun) when her defenses have ablated enough.

I'm pretty sure the Linked to Ice Shield on the Flight and Multipower are wrong, however. For one thing, the Multipower is more points than the Ice Shield, and Linked is supposed to go on the lower-point power. Secondly, the Multipower attacks are almost all Instant powers, and the Ice Shield is a Constant power. According to 6E1 385, you'd have to turn off the Constant power and then turn it back on every time you use one of the Linked Instant powers after the initial use.

I think what you might want there is "Only in Alternate Identity." Then she can only use her Flight and Multipower when she "ices up" (armors up). It's the same Limitation level. It does keep her from using her Flight or Multipower the same phase she's icing up, but I really don't think Linked applies in this instance.

Edit: Oh, and add "Physical Manifestation (-1/4)" to the Flight, if it is an ice slide. Check out the example in the sidebar on 6E1 388.

Depends on how you define the process of "icing" the target. Do you actually "throw" ice at the target, or lower temperature around it so ice forms on it? The special effects of a Power help you decide what mechanics would best model it.

If you did want an Ice Blast that both damages and immobilizes a target, you could always buy a Blast with a Linked Entangle.

That's what I did. :) People didn't like it much.

The Int-based skills are all off by one because I raised the Int to 18 in that draft but haven't corrected it. A fully "corrected" and redone draft will be done tomorrow when I finish adapting Panpiper's suggestions. Here is the skillset and the costs:

Acrobatics 9 + 20/5 = 13 + 1 = 14 That's a cost of 3 +2 = 5

Deduction 9 + 18/5 = 13 + 2 = 15 (3+2+2=7)

Inventor 9 + 18/5 = 13 + 2 = 15 (7)

Language (French, Fluent) (2)

SS: Biology 9 + 18/5 = 13 +2 (3+1+1=5)

SS: Biochemistry 9 + 18/5 = 13 +2 (3+1+1=5)

SS: Chemistry 9 + 18/5 = 13 +2 (3+1+1=5)

High Society 9 + 20/5 = 13 +1 = 14 (3+2=5)

Stealth 9 + 20/5 = 13 + 1 = 14 (3+2=5)

I like the idea of an ice slide to save points, but it doesn't fit with the concept. I just don't like Iceman and Frozone that much.

I'm pretty sure the Linked to Ice Shield on the Flight and Multipower are wrong' date=' however. For one thing, the Multipower is more points than the Ice Shield, and Linked is supposed to go on the lower-point power. Secondly, the Multipower attacks are almost all Instant powers, and the Ice Shield is a Constant power. According to 6E1 385, you'd have to turn off the Constant power and then turn it back on every time you use one of the Linked Instant powers after the initial use.

It is entirely possible that I've applied them improperly, as I am relearning the system after a fifteen year sabbatical. And things are sufficiently complex to not always be obvious. My heart goes out to the likes of PamelaIsley who are coming into it cold.

Page 383

At the GM’s discretion, a character may Link a

power with a higher Active Point cost to one with

a lower Active Point cost for a smaller Limitation.

Page 384

At the GM’s discretion, a character may Link a

power with a higher Active Point cost to one with

a lower Active Point cost for a smaller Limitation.

I read all of this to indicate that in the correct circumstances, applying a link to a greater power was legal. This idea was given further credence by what I read in the 'linked' table itself:

-¼ Greater power is Linked to

lesser power; character can

use lesser power without using

greater power, but can only

use greater power if he also

uses lesser power; character

must use greater power in

proportion to lesser power.

Note also that I did not apply the linked limitation to the Ice Shield, that gained no point savings. The rationale was that while it made perfect sense to me that the character could not use ice powers without first being cold (represented by her Ice Shield), it made no sense that she would need to be using her multipower in order to have her Ice Shield up. Yes however, "Only in Alternate Identity" would also be a very legitimate way to define this and also give a greater point saving as it could also be used with the Ice Shield.

43 Ice Multipowers (75 points reserve); Unified -1/4, Linked to Ice Shield -1/4, gestures -1/4

One thing I would caution you about here, is that you can't gesture through an Entangle or a Grab. If all your powers are bought with Gestures, you have a HUGE Achilles' heal.

One thing I would caution you about here' date=' is that you can't gesture through an Entangle or a Grab. If all your powers are bought with Gestures, you have a HUGE Achilles' heal.[/quote']

This is true, as one doesn't get points for nothing. Just as she is also quite vulnerable to drains due to her powers being 'unified'. But buying off such limitations are a great use for experience points, as a character becomes more competent with their power.

This is true' date=' as one doesn't get points for nothing. Just as she is also quite vulnerable to drains due to her powers being 'unified'. But buying off such limitations are a great use for experience points, as a character becomes more competent with their power.[/quote']

I agree, I've just seen too many 700pt Characters that could be taken out with a 30AP power: Entangle (true story, character is probably still on Hero Central if ya wanna look). As a GM I RARELY allow Gestures as a limitation. My players rarely take it more than once too. I know it's a -1/4 limitation so it should come up once every four sessions on average, but I look at the amount of points you're saving. If you only have it on one power, great once every four sessions, and when it does come up, you aren't out much. If you're whole character is bought with it (or OIHID, OIF ect) you're gonna feel that sting.

That's what I did. :) People didn't like it much.

The problem is getting the active points of both the Blast plust the Entangle to fit within the Multipower, without either or both being so low the joint attack is almost worthless.

You *could* do it with a 4d6 Entangle, plus a Linked 1d6 Blast that is NND (LS: cold), Constant, Uncontrolled. 55 Active points, if I'm doing my math right, and costs 5 END when fired, plus 1 END per additional phase you want the target to take more NND damage. Basically, the more END you pour into it, the colder it is. Of course, when the target breaks out of the Entangle, the NND ends as well.

I like the idea of an ice slide to save points, but it doesn't fit with the concept. I just don't like Iceman and Frozone that much.

Fair enough. I just didn't know whether it was true flight or not.

Bluebird is almost ready for posting, but I changed the multipower to 75 points and redesigned the entangling blast to be:

Entangling Ice Blast (Blast 4d6; Ice Bonds [Entangle, 5d6, 5 PD / 5 ED, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1, Linked -1/2]); 3f

By my calculations, this is 70 active points (20 for the blast and 50 for the entangle).

This is the last part of the build holding me up. I'm pretty satisfied with the rest of the multipower, the ice shield, and the characteristics.

Skills are still fuzzy to me, but I think I've at least calculated the costs right.

Bluebird

Total: 400

STR 13

DEX 20

CON 18

INT 18

EGO 14

PRE 20

OCV 9

DCV 9

OMCV 3

DMCV 3

SPD 6

PD 8

ED 8

REC 20

END 80

BODY 10

STUN 40 Total Cost: 203

Skills & Talents

Overall Skill Level +1 (12)

Acrobatics 13 (3)

Deduction 13 (5)

Inventor 13 (5)

Scientist (3)

SS: Biology 15 (4)

SS: Biochemistry 14 (3)

SS: Chemistry 14 (3)

High Society 13 (3)

Stealth 13 (3)

Eidetic Memory (5)

Striking Appearance (Attractive, 2d6) (6)

Environmental Movement, Ice (2)

Total Cost: 59

Powers

Ice Multipowers (75 points reserve, Unified -1/4, Gestures -1/4); 50

Ice Blast (Blast 12d6, Half End, +1/4); 5f

Ice Bonds (Entangle, 7d6, 7 PD / 7 ED, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1); 3f

Ice Cone (Blast 10d6, Cone +1/2, No Range -1/2); 4f

Ice Blast II (Blast 10d6, End 0, +1/2); 5f

Ice Blast III (Blast 10d6, Autofire 5 shots, +1/2); 5f

Killing Ice Blast (RKA 4d6, ED); 4f

Ice Sheet (Change Environment, -6 Dex for Surface Movement, Radius 32 M, +1, Half End, +1/4); 3f

Ice Wall (Barrier, 10m long, 4m high, 1/2m thick, 15 Body, 10 PD / 10 ED, Configurable +1/4, Ablative -1/2, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1); 2f

Ice Shield (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED, Costs End -1/2, Unified, -1/4) PLUS (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED, Costs End -1/2, Ablative -1/2, Unified -1/4); 30

Flight (23M); 23

Life Support (Immunity to Intense Cold, Longevity:2); 4

Total Cost: 138

Matching Complications

Secret Identity (April Isley, Frequent, Major) 15 points

Vulnerability (Fire, 1.5 Body Damage, Common) 10 points

Rivalry (Fellow Grad Student for grants) 5 points

Psychological Limitation (Overconfidence, Very Common, Moderate) 15 points

Distinctive Feature (Mutant, Not Concealable, Always Noticed, Only Detectable with Unusual Sense) 10 points

Hunted (Viper, More Powerful, NCI, Imprison/Kill) 20 points

Total: 75 points

bluebirdn.jpg

Background: The sole daughter of a wealthy couple from New England, April Isley was a precocious child that spent her summers in France and her winters in Aspen. Treated to the best of everything and blessed with extraordinary good looks as she matured, April graduated with honors from Millennium City University. She became a research assistant in the school’s biology program and worked with the brilliant, but unstable Dr. Maxima de Winter.

De Winter was convinced that she could unlock the secrets of immortality by slowing down a person’s metabolism. Her research was condemned by her peers and even scoffed at by her skeptical assistant. As a result, de Winter ultimately decided to test her experimental procedure on April.

The injections de Winter gave April either mutated the young woman or awakened a latent mutation, because they certainly changed Isley into something new. April began to shoot streams of ice when she awoke while de Winter was conducting tests. This complication frightened de Winter, who fled, taking all of her notes with her and destroying most evidence of the procedure. April thought about going to the authorities, but decided to conceal the results. She didn’t want to be seen as a “freak” by her peers and scientists.

Eventually April realized that the transformation might be a blessing. The more she learned about her powers, the more impressed she became. Not only could she probably make an entire scientific career out of studying her own body, she realized she might be one of the most powerful superhumans in the city. As a means of testing her powers, she designed a costume and began to call herself Bluebird. Her first forays into crimefighting involved simply thwarting street thugs and the occasional robbery, but her increasing confidence led to her challenging the schemes of a local VIPER nest.

Bluebird finds herself at a crossroads. Very protective of her secret identity, she is wary of working too closely with other superheroes, but she finds herself having to admit that might be necessary to further explore the bounds of her powers safely.

Personality: Prior to her transformation, Bluebird was a fairly vain, confident, and cold person, capable of being charming, but usually not bothering to make the effort. If anything, the manifestation of her powers has only made her a bit icier. Although her own ideas about personal conduct would probably preclude her from ever being a supervillainess, April lacks the self-sacrificing personality that characterizes many heroes. Although not a leader, she is not a particularly effective follower and her cooperation with other heroes has not been very successful. April has always been hyper-competitive and refuses to believe that she is second best in anything. This makes her a somewhat pouty loser on the few occasions she is beaten, and it also makes her more than a little cutthroat about everything from school performance, to research grants, or even just games of chess or cards. Bluebird likes to believe that she will do whatever it takes to stop a villain or crime, but it remains to be seen whether this would ever rise to using lethal force. Her overconfidence and her desire to always appear to be in the right probably would make her think very seriously before crossing over into outright vigilantism.

Powers: Bluebird depends primarily on her ability to project blasts of ice. She is capable of creating ice blasts than can be lethal, freeze a target in place, or affect a wide, cone-shaped area. She also has the ability to create an ice shield for additional protection, freeze the ground to create a slippery sheet of ice, and erect ice barriers. Bluebird’s low body temperature grants her immunity to intense cold and her slowed metabolism has granted her a degree of longevity, something she has only been able to confirm in theory. Also, for reasons she hasn’t quite been able to explain, the experiment that mutated Bluebird also granted her the ability to fly. She has yet to discover any limits on this ability, but it ultimately inspired her bird-themed motif.

Appearance: April Isley is an attractive young woman in her early 20s with an eye-catching figure, bright blue eyes, and very light blonde hair that she usually wears pulled back in a ponytail. Since the manifestation of her powers, her skin tone remains pale and very cold to the touch year round. As Bluebird, April wears a light blue costume that appears as a long sleeved minidress with a white belt. The outfit is accented by a white scalloped cape, white heeled boots, and long white gloves. Her mask is blue, with white panes that do not reveal her eyes. While Bluebird, April also uses her powers to make her hair appear white.

Nice back story! I like that.

One thing I see is gestures on the multipower is really limiting, most superheroes don't have that limitation. If it fits the character concept however... I guess you'll have to go with it.

The other thing I notice is I don't think you can link a combined power (the Blast+Entangle) to itself, which is what you've got I think. I could be wrong about that though.

Otherwise, stellar job!

Skills & Talents

Acrobatics 14 (5)

Deduction 15 (7)

Inventor 15 (7)

SS: Biology 15 (5)

SS: Biochemistry 15 (5)

SS: Chemistry 15 (5)

High Society 13 (5)

Stealth 14 (5)

Eidetic Memory (5)

One Overall Skill Level (+1 to everything, including combat) (12 points)

Acrobatics 14 (3)

Deduction 15 (5)

Inventor 15 (5)

SS: Biochemistry 15 (4)

SS: Chemistry 15 (4)

High Society 13 (3)

Stealth 14 (3)

Eidetic Memory (5)

This gives you an extra skill point AND it gives you a level you can use in combat.

Or... If you want to be even more point efficient:

Acrobatics 14 (3)

Deduction 15 (3)

Inventor 15 (3)

SS: Biology 15 (3)

SS: Biochemistry 15 (3)

SS: Chemistry 15 (3)

High Society 13 (3)

Stealth 14 (3)

Eidetic Memory (5)

Add +5 points to Intelligence

This gives you three extra skill points plus a level you can use in combat, AND it gives you a higher perception roll among other things.

And finally:

Acrobatics 14 (3)

Deduction 15 (3)

Inventor 15 (3)

Scientist (3)

SS: Biology 15 (2)

SS: Biochemistry 15 (2)

SS: Chemistry 15 (2)

High Society 13 (3)

Stealth 14 (3)

Eidetic Memory (5)

Add +5 points to Intelligence

The purchase of 'scientist' does not save you any points, but neither does it lower any skills. What it does do is allow you to buy a new science skill later for less cost, should you ever choose to do so. And I think it is perfectly reasonable for a character with a 15 or less roll in three separate sciences to be considered a scientist. And you've still got three character points to spend. ;)

Regarding the Entangling Ice Blast, a 4d6 Blast will almost never do damage to anyone, including agents. Max on the dice is 24, with an average of 14 stun. To at least make most people feel it, I would recommend changing it to a 'Blast 3d6 Penetrating' which should still fit in the multipower, and will, on average, sneak 3 stun through any target that doesn't have hardened defenses ( or whatever the 6e version is called ).

The other thing I notice is I don't think you can link a combined power (the Blast+Entangle) to itself' date=' which is what you've got I think. I could be wrong about that though.[/quote']

She has the Entangle linked to the Blast, which is okay. Either one linked to the other costs the same. [Edit: In this case, the cost for the multipower slot would be 3 points whether the Entangle was linked to the Blast, or vice versa.]

Regarding the Entangling Ice Blast' date=' a 4d6 Blast will almost never do damage to anyone, including agents. Max on the dice is 24, with an average of 14 stun. To at least make most people feel it, I would recommend changing it to a 'Blast 3d6 Penetrating' which should still fit in the multipower, and will, on average, sneak 3 stun through any target that doesn't have hardened defenses ( or whatever the 6e version is called ).[/quote']

It's called Impenetrable, I believe, for Penetrating attacks. (Still Hardened vs. AP attacks.)

I agree, 3d6 Penetrating would be a good idea. She could have gone with 5d6 Blast (not Penetrating) and still fit in the Multipower, but that still won't do much damage. Yours is a better idea.

Acrobatics 14 (3)

Deduction 15 (5)

Inventor 15 (5)

SS: Biochemistry 15 (4)

SS: Chemistry 15 (4)

High Society 13 (3)

Stealth 14 (3)

Eidetic Memory (5)

This gives you an extra skill point AND it gives you a level you can use in combat.

Just a note... the overall Skill Level doesn't actually increase your Skill Rolls on the sheet. You have to allocate it when using it.

Just a note... the overall Skill Level doesn't actually increase your Skill Rolls on the sheet. You have to allocate it when using it.

Yes, but I wanted to make it abundantly clear that it amounts to the same thing. Pamelaisley had spent 'more' than 12 points buying up skill rolls individually. I wanted for her to understand that she could get the same effect by picking up an overall skill level which was a far more useful thing than buying up each skill, and ultimately gets you the same skill rolls.

I guess I'll give up on the entangling blast and just go with an entangling power.

Conceptually I have a harder time believing that your character would 'throw' an entangle. I see it more as projecting cold, causing moisture in the air to form an ice coat around the area of the entangle. Buying a straight entangle is completely believable to me. Also on that note, that cold projection could very easily justify a 'no normal defense' attack, defense being; having life support: immunity to cold, having cold powers, or being in a sealed environment (like a power suit).

Yes, but I wanted to make it abundantly clear that it amounts to the same thing. Pamelaisley had spent 'more' than 12 points buying up skill rolls individually. I wanted for her to understand that she could get the same effect by picking up an overall skill level which was a far more useful thing than buying up each skill, and ultimately gets you the same skill rolls.

Conceptually I have a harder time believing that your character would 'throw' an entangle. I see it more as projecting cold, causing moisture in the air to form an ice coat around the area of the entangle. Buying a straight entangle is completely believable to me. Also on that note, that cold projection could very easily justify a 'no normal defense' attack, defense being; having life support: immunity to cold, having cold powers, or being in a sealed environment (like a power suit).

I'm still working on the skill level concept. From what I can see, it saves 1 point and gives more benefits, so you're probably right about using it.

When I imagine an ice bond entangle, I'm stuck on what Mr. Freeze does in BtAS. His cold gun hits a person with ice, which gradually builds up freezing them in place. I've always imagined that must do concussive force damage at the same time as entangling. Your conception, though, works perfectly well for imagining a non-blast entangle.

Edit: Adopted the Overall skill level, and used the extra point on biology.

I'm still working on the skill level concept. From what I can see, it saves 1 point and gives more benefits, so you're probably right about using it.

When I imagine an ice bond entangle, I'm stuck on what Mr. Freeze does in BtAS. His cold gun hits a person with ice, which gradually builds up freezing them in place. I've always imagined that must do concussive force damage at the same time as entangling. Your conception, though, works perfectly well for imagining a non-blast entangle.

I wouldn't give up on the Entangling Blast, but one of the main 'issues' and balancing factors of Multipowers is the difficulty in putting compound powers in one and having all powers in the slot be effective.

Other possibilities of an Entangling Blast on 75 active points:

7d6 Blast + 4d6 Entangle 4 PD/4 ED. This is still enough to slow down most non-bricks and still have a chance to do damage.

7d6 Blast + 2d6 Entangle 3 PD/3 ED Does not protect against some attacks ( Cold ), so if they don't break out before your next action, you can keep blasting them and stacking on more Body worth of entangle ( Though the 3 PD/ED stay the same )

When I imagine an ice bond entangle' date=' I'm stuck on what Mr. Freeze does in BtAS. His cold gun hits a person with ice, which gradually builds up freezing them in place. I've always imagined that must do concussive force damage at the same time as entangling.[/quote']

This is fine with me, personally, I'm just concerned about the legality under the rules. Effectiveness under the rules is a secondary consideration.

She has the Entangle linked to the Blast' date=' which is okay.[/quote']

Is it? Can you link powers in frameworks to powers in the same framework? Is that new, because I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that in 5th. (Also, which Blast? The compound one or the single one on the line above?)

I think she needs to move either the Blast or the Entangle outside the multipower to make "Linked" legal.

When I imagine an ice bond entangle' date=' I'm stuck on what Mr. Freeze does in BtAS. His cold gun hits a person with ice, which gradually builds up freezing them in place. I've always imagined that must do concussive force damage at the same time as entangling. Your conception, though, works perfectly well for imagining a non-blast entangle.[/quote']Yes, Mr. Freeze's blast hits with ice and builds up, but normally doesn't do knockback, either. The target tends to freeze in place.

Yes' date=' Mr. Freeze's blast hits with ice and builds up, but normally doesn't do knockback, either. The target tends to freeze in place.[/quote']

Knockback isn't really necessary for something to do damage.

I dropped it anyway. I'll just go with an entangle.

Is it? Can you link powers in frameworks to powers in the same framework? Is that new, because I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that in 5th. (Also, which Blast? The compound one or the single one on the line above?)

I think she needs to move either the Blast or the Entangle outside the multipower to make "Linked" legal.

You can link powers in a framework to powers in the same framework _IF_ both powers are in the same slot. I don't have my book in front of me to cite page #'s though.