Why people shouldn't buy Cybernetics OAF

Balabanto

Re: Why people shouldn't buy Cybernetics OAF

I'm not sure that kick on the left side of panel four is even possible....

This also reminds me of Shirow's essay on cybernetics in the back of one of his Appleseed books... where he show that trying to lift great weights will tear your nice shiny cyberarm out since it's only as strong as it's anchors. Something to think about.

This also reminds me of Shirow's essay on cybernetics in the back of one of his Appleseed books... where he show that trying to lift great weights will tear your nice shiny cyberarm out since it's only as strong as it's anchors. Something to think about.

They address this in Cyberpink 2020 as well although they also point out that they are great for crushing things.

They address this in Cyberpink 2020 as well although they also point out that they are great for crushing things.

Since K5 is more cinematic I sort of ignore this effect... although I do mention that the BODY increases you get with cyberlimbs are due to skeletal bracing and the like.

Wasn't that also in Shadow Run as well ? Or' date=' I could be confusing it with Cyberpunk 2020.[/quote']

I don't remember if it was in Shadow Run or not. Although I've actually played more Shadow Run than CP 2020 there's so many little details in those books things seem to blur together.

I'm not sure that kick on the left side of panel four is even possible....

I've seen that exact same move in martial arts movies. It's unbelievable that it can deliver a lot of real force through. But she is a super-martial artist capable of single-handedly defeating at least six trained federal agents at once. "I don't know what my kryptonite is, but you didn't bring any."

I've seen that exact same move in martial arts movies. It's unbelievable that it can deliver a lot of real force through. But she is a super-martial artist capable of single-handedly defeating at least six trained federal agents at once. "I don't know what my kryptonite is' date=' but you didn't bring any."[/quote']

I've seen a similar move... usually it's a kick straight up that hits the target who's standing behind you and has his face over your shoulder. The one in the drawing seems impossible because hip joints don't work like that. So I know what's being depicted, I'm just not buying how it's being depicted.