The best Superpet?

Bloodstone

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The best Superpet?

Depends. Are we talking about the baby (?) in the walker, or the dinosaur?

And what if the baby can actually TAKE the dinosaur?

That's a wall walking croc that can eat anything vs superintelligent toddler. I think in this scene the croc was trying to take advantage of a wild throw and got frozen for his trouble.

CES

secret squirrel's evil twin?

I dunno about evil twin, I'd say Secret squirrel's good twin, I mean, he looks like he's line infantry, or mechanized (probably mechanized what with the M16A4 strapped to his back (however he's got a Marine style rig set up for his LCE) and old school desert cammos) but most important, he's getting a medal... so he's got to be more up and up than "evil twin" as it were...

My 2 copper.

Second thoughts, that could be an M4 strapped to his back, that sling comes pretty close to the barrel pretty quickly after it comes off that canteen.... Still, it may be a Desert Storm era Marine (that K-bar is a dead give away, unless it's just a joe who digs the k-bar... sigh, I dunno).

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a character that has a fire-breathing, flying, pony size wolf from another dimension.(And it is still a puppy so it is not pony size yet. But I sorta doubt that would fit your needs. The character also has a pet junk yard dog in secret ID due to crit success on a mind control power and the poor dog crit failing the ego roll to break free...the GM just said "Congrats you have a dog now...". She has yet to use her mystical powers to give it super powers...probably will not to that though as it is her pet in secret ID. She loves animals...so I see her picking up a lot of strange pets though.

A mad scientist on another team has a geneticaly engineered pink cat that as a completely mallable skeleton(or no skeleton at all) and human level intelligence...though not the ability to communicate...or chooses not to...it is still a cat after all. Which might be more suited to your needs.

Cat or dog would be simplest. Monkey or something that could be a useful lab assistant would be good for girl genius.

For a more off-the wall suggestion, how about an ant farm? She has an ant colony she has and studies (she IS a budding girl genius after all), after the accident they get some form of collective intelligence, etc.

Does your GM know that the target of Mind Control gets a break out roll at regular intervals?

Under the circumstances we've been given, I find it hard to blame Prestige's GM for ruling the way he(?) did. I'd probably have done the same if I'd thought of it in that situation. ;) It's only a dog, after all, the idea is easily funny enough to be worth the minor effort of working it into the game on the fly, and it's not even all that much of a strain on the old suspension of disbelief -- if the animal is treated well enough, and it sounds like that would be the case here, it might just decide it wants to remain the character's pet even after the control wears off eventually.

Under the circumstances we've been given' date=' I find it hard to blame Prestige's GM for ruling the way he(?) did. I'd probably have done the same if I'd thought of it in that situation. ;) It's only a dog, after all, the idea is easily funny enough to be worth the minor effort of working it into the game on the fly, and it's not even all that much of a strain on the old suspension of disbelief -- if the animal is treated well enough, and it sounds like that would be the case here, it might just decide it [i']wants[/i] to remain the character's pet even after the control wears off eventually.

And let's not forget that secret transmiter implanted just above the left eye.....spy.gif

Under the circumstances we've been given' date=' I find it hard to blame Prestige's GM for ruling the way he(?) did. I'd probably have done the same if I'd thought of it in that situation. ;) It's only a dog, after all, the idea is easily funny enough to be worth the minor effort of working it into the game on the fly, and it's not even all that much of a strain on the old suspension of disbelief -- if the animal is treated well enough, and it sounds like that would be the case here, it might just decide it [i']wants[/i] to remain the character's pet even after the control wears off eventually.

I was going to respond to bigbywolfe but you pretty much said what I would have said.

The dog may reconsider if sent into combat a few times... ;)

• 3 weeks later...