Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

RexMundi

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

I will add, after watching Momoa in all the Game of Thrones stuff this last week. The Dude can Do Barbarian. Movie is gonna be fun. May not be Oscar material, but let's face it we don't dig Conan for a "Best Picture" gig anyway. :D

Yet. Hints out there for the sequel are right out of the Books apparently.

~Rex

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's Paradox for you. Shoulda seen what happened with the product over at Mongoose *sigh* That would have been a kickass Conan thingie to have on the game shelf.

~Rex

What's up with that pic' date=' Rex? I don't remember REH saying Conan had a hairy chest. :snicker:[/quote']

*Grumble*.......

Some other really good pic's on the Movie Blog site......I think this flick is gonna rock and the follow up is greenlit and coming right out of the books apparently.

~Rex

• 5 weeks later...

So, Movies Almost here. Trailers are everywhere, things look sharp, Not sure on Momoa writing the sequel, but if he can deliver a movie full of this:

Screenshot2011-08-07at12407PM.jpg

It should work, though the words he chose while describing his "Still needs to be approved" screenplay leave me wondering a bit.....

~Rex....says: "Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars ... Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet." -- The Nemedian Chronicles

I just watched Trailer #2 and... I'm not really excited about what I'm seeing. I'm not sure what's missing... but part of it seems to be a case of too much 'magic' and not enough pure swordplay and physical prowess. I mean, there's made-of-sand people (?), a giant... squid thing, weird blue people, and a lot of other stuff that doesn't seem to jibe with what I know from the stories. But that's just me.