Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

RexMundi

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

That still only counts as one. And even the Peter M Jackson Legolas wasn't as badass in some ways as the Legolas in the books' date=' who could determine the color of a rider's hair from ten leagues away. The difference, I think, is one of attitude, not actual level of badass.[/quote']

Sadly, when he did the x-treme sports slide on his shield he took a level in jumping-the-shark-ass, for me. Attitude more than CGI stunts seals the bad-to-the-bone deal. Aragorn grimly saluting the Orcs with his sword at the end of the Fellowship when he wades into "certain death" was far more badass than Legolas glibly one-upping everyone ever could have been.

Sadly' date=' when he did the x-treme sports slide on his shield he took a level in jumping-sharks-ass, for me.[/quote']

That might be Orlando Bloom's fault, as I know he made suggestions for new and inventive ways for Legolas to dispose of orcs, since simply shooting them got to be 'boring' (for him, as an actor) after a while.

That might be Orlando Bloom's fault' date=' as I know he made suggestions for new and inventive ways for Legolas to dispose of orcs, since simply shooting them got to be 'boring' (for him, as an actor) after a while.[/quote']

I find him boring as an actor so I'll consider us even :eg:

Sadly' date=' when he did the x-treme sports slide on his shield he took a level in jumping-the-shark-ass, for me. Attitude more than CGI stunts seals the bad-to-the-bone deal. Aragorn grimly saluting the Orcs at the end of the fellowship when he wades into "certain death" was far more badass than Legolas glibly one-upping everyone ever could have been.[/quote']

Attitude trumps foofy elfness. Say Ranger in a Bar in Middle Earth and you get a bunch of people scrampling for the door. Say Elf, and you get a bunch of shrugs.

~Rex...says Conan has attitude to spare and that attitude serves him well in the books, should be interesting to see if Momoa can present it on screen.

Chuck Norris couldn't carry Conan's loincloth.

If they were to fight... any slip ups... Chuck's dead. You could give Chuck any an advantage that makes him confident/comfortable... and I'd still bet on Conan.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't occassionally fly into a barbaric rage. ;)

Heh, but remember you can't do Rage on a Computer Forum unless you get some serious trolling commentary about Strawman arguments and then bolster your Outrage with 50,000 links to other threads and sites showing just how enraged you are.

~Rex....starts the countdown for the flick....though, someone with a siege engine on the backs of 8 elephants or so coming your way is a good sign they are ticked at you.

Oh, almost forgot. Conan the Movie Blog has the Redband Trailer, the TV spots, and some stuff from the Crossplains gathering, as well as movie panel stuff reviews of the NEXT mvie script, posters, and a few other things this last batch of updates.....

http://www.conanmovieblog.com/

~Rex

Absolutely. Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris is a much better matchup.

Let's not bring that up. I've already lived through that war several times already. If there is one "vs' uglier than Bats vs the Capt this is it.

Let's not bring that up. I've already lived through that war several times already. If there is one "vs' uglier than Bats vs the Capt this is it.

That one's easy. Bruce created Chuck's movie career. Thus, Bruce wins.

I finally saw the Conan trailer on TV last night and I was less than impressed. Momoa looks better than I'd expected but he just isn't Conan to me. And the fact that the announcer said Co-nan, instead of Co-nun, drove me up the wall. It's a real name, you idiots, and it's pronounced a certain way. You think people would know better since Conan O'Brien has been around for years. But, no, they continue to drive high-strung fans like myself over the edge. But I'm still gonna watch the movie. :)

I finally saw the Conan trailer on TV last night and I was less than impressed. Momoa looks better than I'd expected but he just isn't Conan to me. And the fact that the announcer said Co-nan' date=' instead of Co-nun, drove me up the wall. It's a real name, you idiots, and it's pronounced a certain way. You think people would know better since Conan O'Brien has been around for years. But, no, they continue to drive high-strung fans like myself over the edge. But I'm still gonna watch the movie. :)[/quote']

Heh, actually depending on the locale, and how far back you want to go in time, Conan should be pronounced as Hard as possible but basically "COH-nun" is supposed to be the "official". This will help. http://bleeding-tree.blogspot.com/2011/05/pronouncing-conan.html ...the '82 flick did a lot of damage to how the name was meant to be pronounced and folks tend to fall back on the incorrect pronunciation.

Couple of Relatives with the name as well though those folks are a bit, primitive let's say and tend to avoid English if they can help it anyway, heh. Trace the name back far enough and move it along the map grid and you get a LOT o variance in how it is both spelled and pronounced.

Not everyone shown in the longer trailers though uses the Incorrect "co-NAN"....one has to allow for dialect and disposition I suppose.

~Rex