WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

ITV rebroadcast the AEW shows with a least a days delay after they happen. But what I was not expecting was them to show the PPV. But lo and behold for free we got the PPV. I did not catch it all but I saw FTR beating the Young Bucks, the Stadium Stampede and the Women's Championship match. Caught the start of Will Osprey vs Jericho and they had Fozzy tune up the crowd with Judas. FTR had their team name on their trunks in the Union Jack colour scheme. Saraya brought her entire family and came out first for the Women's match. She was wearing Union Jacks on her costume as well. Quite subtle. And she was the crowd favourite despite the fact that Toni Storm is also British. You got that when they were exchanging blows.

But the crowd were certainly up for it. The chants etc. Quite joyous 

WWE Payback was on Saturday

Becky Lynch beat Trish Stratus

LA Knight beat The Miz

Rey Mysterio beat Austin Theory to retain the United States Championship

Rhea Ripley beat Raquel Rodriguez to retain the Women's World Championship

Seth Rollins beat Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

The Judgement Day (Balor and Priest) beat Owens and Zayn to become the Undisputed Tag Team champions

• 3 weeks later...

WWE Fastlane was last night.

Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso defeated the Judgement Day to become tag team champs

LA Knight and John Cena defeated the Bloodline

Iyo Sky successfully defended the Women's belt

The Latino World Order defeated Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits

Seth Rollins also successfully defended against Shinsike Nakamura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW, given everything that happened in AEW and previously in WWE, I am shocked they brought him back. Wonder how long till he sabotages himself again.

On a side note, one of the things I mentioned that I liked about AEW before was that even their heel announcers (mainly Taz and Jericho) did real analysis and didn't come of as idiots. When someone cheated or was doing something stupid in their story-lines, they would agree but say sometimes that's what you have to do. They then hired Nigel Mcguiness to co host Saturday nights. He does the exact opposite. He is the classic "I didn't see anything the Heel did" analyst and in addition, when everyone else is pointing out the falseness of a story-line, in story, he argues for it (see the Christian Cage as a great Father, Jay White is the real champion after stealing the belt or Strong faking his neck injury). He bothers me so much that it takes me out of the show. As I said, I don't mind heels as analysts, but willful ignorance from an announcer like this seems dumb. I thought we had gotten past this type of announder.

1 hour ago, slikmar said:

WOW, given everything that happened in AEW and previously in WWE, I am shocked they brought him back. Wonder how long till he sabotages himself again.

On a side note, one of the things I mentioned that I liked about AEW before was that even their heel announcers (mainly Taz and Jericho) did real analysis and didn't come of as idiots. When someone cheated or was doing something stupid in their story-lines, they would agree but say sometimes that's what you have to do. They then hired Nigel Mcguiness to co host Saturday nights. He does the exact opposite. He is the classic "I didn't see anything the Heel did" analyst and in addition, when everyone else is pointing out the falseness of a story-line, in story, he argues for it (see the Christian Cage as a great Father, Jay White is the real champion after stealing the belt or Strong faking his neck injury). He bothers me so much that it takes me out of the show. As I said, I don't mind heels as analysts, but willful ignorance from an announcer like this seems dumb. I thought we had gotten past this type of announder.

I guess we'll see if Punk truly was solely to blame for everything that happened in AEW, as Tony Khan would have us believe.  Not sure I buy that myself.  Now mind you, I'm not saying his innocent of wrong doing but it does take more then one person to result in a brawl and it seems to me like those who were also involved in those altercations are getting way less grief then Punk is.  I mean I can't get over that the altercation with Jack Perry was so bad that it was a firing offence but ONLY for CM Punk even though, logically, Jack Perry was one of the people making it so bad.  If such an incident is a firing offence, it ought to be a firing offence for everybody involved.

• 1 month later...

AEW World's End was on Saturday.

Adam Copeland beat Christian Cage but this was immediately followed by a rematch and Cage beat Copeland.

Eddie Kingston defeated Jon Moxley

Samoa Joe beat MJF

The Blackpool Combat Club beat Brody King, Rush, Jay Lethal and Jay White 

Miro defeated Andrade

The Don Callis family was defeated by Jericho, Sammy Guevara, Sting and Darby Allin

There were other matches. 

Adam Cole was the one pretending to be the Devil

Edited by death tribble

Wrestle Kingdom has finished and anyone was a champion lost in a nutshell.

Catch 2/2 beat Bullet Club War Dogs to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles

Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Zack Sabre Jnr for the NJPW television title

Tama Tonga beat Shingo Takagi for the Never Openweight Championship

Guerillas of Destiny beat Bishamon for the IWGP tag team championship while retained the Strong Openweight championship

El Desperado beat Takahashi for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title

Naito beat Sanada for the IJWP World Heavyweight title

Okada beat Bryan Danielson

David Finley beat Will Osprey and Jon Moxley to become the inaugural IWGP Global Heavyweight Champion 

• 2 weeks later...

The TNA Hard to Kill PPV was on January 13th.

Crazzy Steve defeated Tommy Dreamer to win the TNA Digital Media Championship

Jordynne Grace defeated Trinity (ex-Naomi from WWE) to become the TNA Knockouts Championship

Decay (Rosemary and Havok) beat MK_Ultra to become the Women's Tag team Champions

Moose beat Alex Shelley to become World Champion and then Nic Nemeth debuted (this was the man known as Dolph Ziggler)