WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Logan Paul and Roman Reigns retained their championships at the Royal Rumble

Naomi returned at the Rumble at No 2. Jordynne Grace appeared with the TNA belt. And she and Naomi brawled. Jade Cargill debuted and lifted Nia Jax out on her own. Liv Morgan returned. Bayley won after entering at No 3.

Andrade returned in the Men's Royal Rumble. Jey and Jimmy Uso started the match which was good story telling. C M Punk and Cody Rhodes were the last two fighters and Cody won. This is the first time this century that someone has done back to back rumble wins. 

For the men most wins have come from nos 21-30, 5 men have won from 30, 2 from 29, 2 from 28, 4 from 27 and 8 others after no 20.

Three men have won from No 1 and 2 from No 2. One man from No 3 and that was Ric Flair

Stone Cold won from 5, 24 and 27.

The Undertaker, John Cena, Triple H, Brock Lesner and Cody Rhodes all won from No 30

The winners from the No 1 or No 2 spot are Edge, Rey Mysterio, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and Mr MsMahon

Triple H, Stone Cold, Cody Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, Bautista, Edge, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesner and John Cena have all won the event twice

For the women two women have won from the No 3 spot and one from no 1. Two women won from No 28 and one from no 25. The other win was from No 17.

Ex-Pro Wrestler Taken into Custody in Connection with Shooting of His Wife

Former WWE star Billy Jack Haynes has been arrested following a tragic incident involving the shooting of his wife.

The world of professional wrestling harbors harsh realities unbeknownst to many, and sadly, these truths can persist even after leaving the ring. Recently, former professional wrestler Billy Jack Haynes found himself in a tragic situation, as reports from Koin reveal his arrest following the shooting of his wife.

In the Lents neighborhood of Portland, police responded to a fatal shooting at 6000 SE 100th Avenue, prompting a shelter-in-place order for residents. Upon arrival, officers encountered a non-cooperative individual potentially armed inside the premises.

After negotiation, a tactical team convinced the man to surrender, leading to his apprehension. Tragically, a woman was found deceased within the home, sparking a police investigation. While the identities of those involved remain undisclosed in the initial report, Jim Valley of The Wrestling Observer has revealed that the idenity of the wrestler is non other than former WWE Superstar Billy Jack Hayes. Neighbors also speculated that the couple involved in the incident may include a former wrestler.

I noticed that Jack Perry showed up in NJPW a couple weeks back wearing an armband that said Scapegoat and tearing up an AEW contract. Not sure whole thing, but given that both Moxley and Kingston were on the card where he showed up, wondering if he will continue in NJPW or return to AEW, funnily enough playing a part much like Punk used - anti BS as it were.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually met Virgil and have his autograph.

The Elimination Chamber took place in Australia with Becky Lynch winning the Women's event and Drew Galloway winning the Men's. Becky will face Rhea Ripley (who beat Nia Jax) At Wrestlemania. Drew will face Seth Rollins. 

Edited by death tribble

AEW Revolution took place yesterday.

Timeless Toni Storm, Samoa Joe and Christian Cage all retained their belts.

Eddie Kingston beat Bryan Danielson to retain the belts he has and Bryan had to shake his hand afterwards.

Wardlow won a match for a future opportunity at Samoa Joe. This was against Chris Jericho, Powerhouse Hobbs, Lance Archer, Hook, Brian Cage, Magnus and Dante Martin

Roderick Strong defeated Orange Cassidy to become the AEW International Champion

The Blackpool Combat Club beat FTR, Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale defeated Julia Hart and Skye Blue, The Acclaimed with the Gunns and Jay White defeated Private Party, Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Satnam Singh and Willie Mack in a 12 man tag match and Will Osprey defeated Konosuke (whose surname is causing a problem with the system)

Sting and Darby Allin defeated the Young Bucks in Sting's retirement match  

I think only match that surprises me was the BCC vs FTR, given they were fighting in an arena known for the great tag teams and FTR's home state. Since the rift is about FTR looking at the past and the BCC looking at the future, this seemed like  a good spot for an FTR win.

Not a fan of his, necessarily, but White is being wasted in this group, but its a problem of too many wrestlers in AEW and not enough room at the top. 

I also, sort of, expected them to give Swerve the title (of course, that would have been rewarding a guy who brags about breaking into another man's home and threatening his year old child), but not surprised they didnt and having the Bucks, after all they did (and honestly, I feel like AEW doesn't know what to do with them)beat Allin and Sting in his last match would have seemed to be stupid.

Having Osprey win gives him the chance to leave Callis, and since they had O'Reilly show up, I wonder if he won't be forming a new United Empire or something.

The 8 man match apparently was put together quickly after another match fell through called Meat Madness Match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last night results from Wrestlemania Night 1

Rhea Ripley beat Becky Lynch

It looks like the Tag Team titles are being split between the brands as we have two sets of winners listed

Austin Theory and Grayson Waller are the Smackdown champions with The Miz and R-Truth being Raw Champions. This was a six pack ladder match and the other teams were #DIY, the Judgement Day, New Catch Republic and the New Day.

Rey beat his son again in a tag match as he and Andrade beat Dom and Santos Escobar

Jey Uso beat Jimmy Uso (so the Bloodline can be beaten)

Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill and Naomi beat Damage CTRL (Kairi Sane, Asuka and Dakota Kai)

Sami Zayn beat Gunther for the Intercontinental title

The Bloodline (Roman Reigns and The Rock) beat Seth Rollins and Cody Rhodes

I think that tonight's results will be Bailey winning against Iyo Sky as they turned her face,

Cody Rhodes beating Roman Reigns (despite the presence of the Bloodline)

Karrion Kross, Akam and Rezar beating Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits (Karrion needs the win more)

LA Knight beats A J Styles (LA Knight needs the win  to give him some momentum)

I can't call Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre although with Becky losing last night would they have both of them lose ?

Logan Paul vs Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens for the United States Championship.I think Pauil will lose. If it was his brother I would like Randy and Kevin to kill him. Maybe Mike Tyson will do that in the boxing match ?

Meanwhile Game Changer Wrestling had their Clusterf*ck match early Sunday morning on a show that bears the name of the match.  Roughly four guys were eliminated from the match by leaving the building the show was held in.  Said much also featured the mascot Chitan and a man in an inflatable chicken outfit,  presumably also a mascot, wrestling as well as an inflatable doll.  The whole thing was won by Microman, a little person who's only about three feet tall.  The match also halted completely in the middle as a wrestler named "Spyder" Nate Webb entered as every wrestler in the match at that point was singing along to Webb's theme music.  The whole thing was balls out insanity distilled into a match and naturally, I loved every moment of it.  Ten out of ten will watch next year if they do it again.

We missed the fact that January 4th of this year was the 25th anniversary of the Fingerpoke of Doom

Happily I will save the rest of this post for Wrestlemania Night 2 results

Drew Mcintyre beat Seth Rollins to become the new champion and then Damien Priest cashed in his Money in the Bank Contract. I thought maybe this was coming and if not in this match then in the Cody Rhodes - Roman Reigns one. It was the right call to make it this one although I feel a bit sorry for Drew.

Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits won. So what now for Karrion Kross ?

Logan Paul retained. Dashing the hopes of all who would have liked to see him brained.

L A Knight beat A J Styles. So they are keeping a fire lit under him

Bayley beat Iyo Sky.

And Cody Rhodes beat Roman Reigns which means no-one in the Bloodline has a title.

I think the calls on the last two were right as Reigns had to drop the title some time. They could not keep it on him indefinitely. After all he ain't Hogan. And it completes an arc for Bayley as she turned face.

The question is who will Jade Cargill be set on, Ripley or Bayley ? Power wise I would say Ripley. 

EDIT: The BBC had a mention of it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-68754887

And Jade Cargill squashed Chelsea Green in 30 seconds on RAW. So Ripley is the target

Edited by death tribble