Best way to self destruct a vehicle.

Mathew

I want to have a self destruct option on a vehicle.

The vehicle has 21 body, 11 DEF, SPD 5, 5 levels of growth. It has a "Weapons" multipower with a 131 point reserve. I was hoping to buy some sort of attack that will self destruct the vehicle on a timer that th pilot can set. What's a good attack or other power that will get the job done? I'm assuming an has to have a reasonable chance of doing at least double the body after the defenses. Perhaps a continuing attack that effects the vehicle for a turn to really reduce it to dust?

Re: Best way to self destruct a vehicle.

I want to have a self destruct option on a vehicle.

The vehicle has 21 body, 11 DEF, SPD 5, 5 levels of growth. It has a "Weapons" multipower with a 131 point reserve. I was hoping to buy some sort of attack that will self destruct the vehicle on a timer that th pilot can set. What's a good attack or other power that will get the job done? I'm assuming an has to have a reasonable chance of doing at least double the body after the defenses. Perhaps a continuing attack that effects the vehicle for a turn to really reduce it to dust?

Your vehicle grows? What is it, some kine of transformer?

Drain Body' date=' self only. Since I didn't see any power defense, 2d6 continous should do it. And the vehicle would merely turn to dust.[/quote']

That works. In fact for 1 point of a Ultimate Slot I can get 6D6 Body drain (60 points), with a 1 turn continuing charge (-1/4), self only (-1). This would do about 51 Body to the tank with average rolls, draining it to -30 BODY within 12 seconds. That pleanty self-destructed.

Personally, I feel that a Self Destruct shouldn't have to overcome Defenses (as presumably the self-destruct explosives would be placed in such a way to bypass the vehicle's armor). You could do this by either a -0 Limitation on the Vehicle's Defenses ("Does not apply against Self-Destruct"), or just by GM fiat. In that case, you could do:

14d6 Ranged Killing Attack (Standard Effect: 42 Body) for 210 Active Points. Then apply 1 Charge, Never Recovers (-4), Self Only (-2), No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) for 27 Real Points. Add Time Delay if needed.

However, this won't fit in your Multipower. If you're using Hit Locations and the Vehicle has a hit location that has a x2 Body damage multiplier (the power core or whatnot), then you could assume that the Self-Destruct hits there (and maybe buy some PSLs to offset the targeting to represent this). Then you could cut the size of the Killing Attack in half.