Barring weaponry, what's in a slightly futuristic [30+ years] APC?

Ragitsu

Re: Barring weaponry, what's in a slightly futuristic [30+ years] APC?

I've got to agree with Ragitsu for one moment here... I don't think I thought I'd ever say that, lol. However, yah, I've been on here at least twice if not upwards of 10x a day since I joined, and I've only got 645 posts since sep of 03... and I consider myself a regular board member, again I think, mainly because I just don't post, unless I really feel I want to say something, but I don't interject ad hoc. But I haven't missed more than a week, since I joined. Maybe I'm just an outcryer, but I've spent a LOT of time on these hallowed boards... *shrug* That said, I think these boards are most definitely a bastion of well manneredness.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw it. See you in another thread. This is not a judgment. Lord knows I've picked a couple of fights in my life. This is just boredom and a little frustration speaking.

If it was I that caused you to leave, then please, come back. I've only checked this thread semi-frequently over the past few days, so when I came and saw this argument brewing, I had to throw in my two cents about what I felt was an unfair bit of dialogue from Markdoc. I'll not continue the deviation any further.

Okay folks, let's cool it down and remember that we're here to talk about how science fiction plays out in the Hero System and not bash on anyone, okay? Last thing anyone wants is to have infractions handed out or threads locked because people can't be civil to each other. Accept that folks have a different opinion, put away the rubber bands and slingshots, and let's talk about Hero, okay?

Kind of like reversed arms that tuck away when not needed?

Yeah. However, the more I think about it, there are probably better uses for the mass a self-righting system would use. How often do APCs get knocked on to their sides, anyways?

Yeah. However' date=' the more I think about it, there are probably better uses for the mass a self-righting system would use. How often do APCs get knocked on to their sides, anyways?[/quote']

"Hard to tip over" would be a rather important design feature from the outset, I think. Wide wheel-base, center of gravity not too high, etc.

Yeah. However' date=' the more I think about it, there are probably better uses for the mass a self-righting system would use. How often do APCs get knocked on to their sides, anyways?[/quote']

More importantly, how often do they get knocked on their sides in such a way that they would still be operable if righted? After all, if the IED is big enough to tip over your 40-ton Bradley...

Besides, it's hard to believe that you could dispense with recovery vehicle support. I'd be more impressed with unprepared, unassisted amphibious capacity, bearing in mind that that implies dealing with river banks and surf.

Also, the ability to transform into a giant fighting robot. With an energy katana.

Besides, it's hard to believe that you could dispense with recovery vehicle support. I'd be more impressed with unprepared, unassisted amphibious capacity, bearing in mind that that implies dealing with river banks and surf.

Also, the ability to transform into a giant fighting robot. With an energy katana.

How hard can that be? Every night when I get home from work, my car turns into a driveway.

someone previously mentioned (projection) holograms. I would just like to point out that to have projection holograms we would need to have either a volumetric display screen (like a fog) or discover some as yes undiscovered physics.