Ifrit

TheNaga

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ifrit

The HERO System Bestiary (Sixth Edition) or Monsters, Minions, And Marauders (Fifth Edition) has full stats for a "generic fantasy" ifrit, i.e. not based on research into folklore, but on the precedents from fantasy games like D&D. It could be inserted into a Champions setting without difficulty, though.

Alternatively, Champions Worldwide (a Fifth Edition book) includes a villain calling himself Ifrit who believes himself to be one of those legendary creatures. He's actually a human who found a magic ring which transformed him into a fire-wielding superhuman. The experience unbalanced his mind.

Well, do you have access to the 6E Champions Villains trilogy, or the 5E book Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks? They contain several fire-based villains, like Feurmacher of the villain team Eurostar, Phoenix of the Crowns of Krim, the flamethrower-wielding Blowtorch, and the mighty alien Firewing. Lots of examples of power-builds there.

• 2 weeks later...

Which of the following fire based powers would be better? Flaming (When a person teleports, they appear to be engulfed in intense flames, though this does not harm anyone who possesses this power.) or fiery flight which leaves a trail of fire as the character flies?

Which of the following fire based powers would be better? Flaming (When a person teleports' date=' they appear to be engulfed in intense flames, though this does not harm anyone who possesses this power.) or fiery flight which leaves a trail of fire as the character flies?[/quote']

Better? Depends on how you envision your character. Personally, I like the flaming teleport better, as it seems scarier to me. A flaming boo!

A trail of fire makes it hard to shake somebody following you. Then again, the Thraddash had a pretty cool ship in Star Control 2. Plus, you can sky write, ala the Human Torch.

I am going with flaming teleport so how much would should I put into?

What would be the best way to do his human form if he has the following?

High Temperature Body: Blast 2d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (27 Active Points)

How do I make it where he can take another person with him when Flaming?

Read the Teleport power. Extra Mass normally allows him to take willing targets. Some GM's require "usable as an attack" as an advantage to force another along, but most allow you to Grab the target and use the Extra Mass, just as a Flyer could grab a non-flyer and take them along.

The HERO System Bestiary (Sixth Edition) or Monsters' date=' Minions, And Marauders[/i'] (Fifth Edition) has full stats for a "generic fantasy" ifrit, i.e. not based on research into folklore, but on the precedents from fantasy games like D&D. It could be inserted into a Champions setting without difficulty, though.

Alternatively, Champions Worldwide (a Fifth Edition book) includes a villain calling himself Ifrit who believes himself to be one of those legendary creatures. He's actually a human who found a magic ring which transformed him into a fire-wielding superhuman. The experience unbalanced his mind.

I have a Jinn on my site, that's based on appearances of such creatures in the Arabian Nights.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscreatures/myth/jinn.html

I have a Jinn on my site, that's based on appearances of such creatures in the Arabian Nights.

The big difference between you Jinn and my character Ifrit are the following things which apply when he is in Ifrit form only. He also looks like the following description in ifrit form.

IIRC Satan was a genie.

20 Susceptibility: Submerged underwater 3d6 damage Instant (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Cold (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Cold (Common)

27 High Temperature Body: Blast 2d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (27 Active Points)

Description: A large humanoid creature walks in. Though its posture is hunched, he stands at least twelve feet tall. He has a powerful muscular build with a barrel-shaped chest. Running through out his fiery red skin what appears to be veins of molten lava. Smoke rises in curls from the skin. His head which low slung between its shoulders is aflame, though the fire does not burn him, and the fire cascades over a bulge in the back of his skull and down his back down to his elbows. His visage is fearsome to behold. Above his eyes from which intense fire blaze forth from are thick-ridged brows. Beneath his eyes, his face juts forward, making his cheekbones angle to the sides. His jaws are filled with sharp hooked teeth. Intense fire blazes forth from the jaws. In both long pointed ears he wears a silver earring. His hands are wide and monstrous looking, each of his fingers ending in a massive, sharp, iron-grey claw. His tapering tail measures eight feet in length and is dragonlike in appearance. His legs resemble the hind legs of a wolf, with large feet that have three clawed toes on them. In his hands he wields a jagged-edged two-handed sword, its blade dark as night and giving off waves of heat, as if it were an extension of himself.

• 2 months later...

I was wonder what an Ifrit from myths and legends looks like?

What would be the best way for me to give him the ability assume a human form?

Do you know anyone who has done a fire monster? I know about the following three creatures from the links listed below.

Should have the following?

20 Susceptibility: Submerged underwater 3d6 damage Instant (Common)

Fire Aura: Change Environment: Fire, 2" r, 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Linked to Damage Shield (-1/2)

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/55411-Creature-Magma-Demon

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsbook/lotr/balrog.html