4th String Villians Yeah!

Nothere

Over the nearly 80 years of comics hundreds and thousnands of villians have appeared. Some have become icons. Most appeared in an issue, two if they were lucky, and then faded into obscurity. This is the thread for them. So who were the villians you hated to love. The ones you'd never admit to likeing out loud because they were too lame, silly, or whatever. Still you always hoped they'd appear again.

I vote for the White Rabbbit. A young debutant who is so rich she pays her goons a thousand a week, even when they aren't commiting crimes. Having finally broken lose from her strict well to do family, she takes inspirtation from the one thing she found fun in her youth. And so dressed as a sexy white rabbit she robs all the places she wanted to go but was never allowed like booksstores. She's sure she's a criminal genius, and can't figure out why Doctor Doom laughs and hangs up when she calls. As if her arch foe being the Fabulos Frogman, and main weapon beind an unbrella that shoots razor tipped carrots were a bad thing. Too bad she's in Marvel. Her and the Penguin would get along great. Sadly as far as I know she was only in two issues.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 4th String Villians Yeah!

Over the nearly 80 years of comics hundreds and thousnands of villians have appeared. Some have become icons. Most appeared in an issue, two if they were lucky, and then faded into obscurity. This is the thread for them. So who were the villians you hated to love. The ones you'd never admit to likeing out loud because they were too lame, silly, or whatever. Still you always hoped they'd appear again.

I vote for the White Rabbbit. A young debutant who is so rich she pays her goons a thousand a week, even when they aren't commiting crimes. Having finally broken lose from her strict well to do family, she takes inspirtation from the one thing she found fun in her youth. And so dressed as a sexy white rabbit she robs all the places she wanted to go but was never allowed like booksstores. She's sure she's a criminal genius, and can't figure out why Doctor Doom laughs and hangs up when she calls. As if her arch foe being the Fabulos Frogman, and main weapon beind an unbrella that shoots razor tipped carrots were a bad thing. Too bad she's in Marvel. Her and the Penguin would get along great. Sadly as far as I know she was only in two issues.

I love the White rabbit, and I'm happy to report that she's appeared many more times (if quite briefly) since her first run in Team Up. In fact, Comic Vine has her at 37 appearances.

My love for Stilt-Man is pretty well known to most, but I'd say he's a third stringer. Well, before he was killed, anyway. The fact that they made a big deal out of his funeral was pretty cool.

I love the White rabbit' date=' and I'm happy to report that she's appeared many more times (if quite briefly) since her first run in Team Up. In fact, Comic Vine has her at 37 appearances.

My love for Stilt-Man is pretty well known to most, but I'd say he's a third stringer. Well, before he was killed, anyway. The fact that they made a big deal out of his funeral was pretty cool.

Thirty seven? Cool, I liked White Rabbit. So much so that she showed up in a Champions game I ran for a friend. He ended up feeling sorry for her and getting her therapy and eventually she became a friend/contact.

I love the White rabbit' date=' and I'm happy to report that she's appeared many more times (if quite briefly) since her first run in Team Up. In fact, Comic Vine has her at 37 appearances.

What about Lady Stiltman?

Has anyone here delibertly created a 4th string villian for there campain? If so' date=' how did it go?[/quote']

It went fine. It was a team of 4th stringers, actually, to both get the newbies in the group introduced to combat and to warn everybody that if they didn't come up with names for their hero IDs soon, the media would do it for them.

(The Red Snood actually *liked* her name, as it turned out...)

Thirty seven? Cool' date=' I liked White Rabbit. So much so that she showed up in a Champions game I ran for a friend. He ended up feeling sorry for her and getting her therapy and eventually she became a friend/contact.[/quote']

The only regrettable appearance being in an x-men or Wolverine story as the suffering girlfriend of Arcade in the savage land. I prefer to not acknowledge such a comic exists.

I wrote up White Rabbit for champions and gave her 2 different teams of super henchmen: one based on her Marvel "thugs" but with minor superpowers as well as other Alice characters (Door Mouse, Madhatter, Black Alice, etc), and one more of a "Masters of Evil" of Marvel 4th string/joke villains: The Walrus, Goody Two-Shoes, Slick (who was only there fro the money)...and a few themed villains, one Disco Marauder or something like that, the Big Wheel...etc.

Has anyone here delibertly created a 4th string villian for there campain? If so' date=' how did it go?[/quote']

I've done it a few times - but mostly played them straight, guys and gals who's powers were not the greatest or most potent but who felt they were something special; they ususally formed effective teams to make my heroes develop more teamwork.